Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, I dont even give a shit about my names anymore. I just want off my dead server, but at the same time I want to stay with my guildies.

Everyone in my guild feels the same way as well. It really sucks when we cant raid because 1 person doesnt show up.

Hell I wont even get into the economy.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Seriously, I dont even give a shit about my names anymore. I just want off my dead server, but at the same time I want to stay with my guildies.

Everyone in my guild feels the same way as well. It really sucks when we cant raid because 1 person doesnt show up.

Hell I wont even get into the economy.
    This sums up my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by chibichibiko View Post
    I don't mean randoms. I mean your guildies, Pewpewblast. The guildies that you have to replace as you've been doing 'constant recruiting' lately. Has a single one of those people had access to the gbank?
    All the same, free transfers benefits keyloggers more than anyone.
    Anyone who hits the raiding rank can "ninja" very little.

If it ever happened, we'd make sure to promote our trials much, much, later.

Recruit rank can only take from Tab 1, which is our "Recycling Tab". Anything put in there is EXPECTED to be taken by anyone for ANY reason (even to sell/vendor). The people we keep losing are recruits/people who just hit raiding rank and transfer off the server (and have yet to ninja anything)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    - Fair enough. What exactly do you propose with all the other "Pewpewblasts" across WoW? Should they simply allow numbers and longer names so I can be XxPew0Pew0BlastxX?
    Let there be 50 different Pewpewblasts for all I care. If you're concerned about whispers I ask you, how often do you whisper someone without having first targeted them and/or having them on your friends list? There are millions of people in the real world named Steve, doesn't seem to confuse many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    - "Managed correctly"? Are we talking about the same company?
    Fair enough.

I for one would never pay the ridiculous account costs for character transfers, name changes etc when I already pay them $15 a month.

This would destroy guilds that are being held together only by people's refusal to pay $55 to get out of their server/situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Let there be 50 different Pewpewblasts for all I care. If you're concerned about whispers I ask you, how often do you whisper someone without having first targeted them and/or having them on your friends list? There are millions of people in the real world named Steve, doesn't seem to confuse many.

Fair enough.
    I type /w PLAYERNAME all the damn time, so yes. It would greatly fuck over whispers for me.

Granted, how many Steves do you know that are in your cluster of friends that ALSO know each other? It's generally unlikely to be higher than 1-2, and if it is, they'll both wait until they know who you're talking to (which you reveal in the end of your sentence usually).

*Talking to two Steves* "Hey Steve, didn't your sister do X last week?" Notice how many ways there are to differentiate between the two in that one simple sentence. Or "Hey Steve, how's X treating you?" X could be a new job or something.

Regardless, the two examples are vastly different.

Exactly. Blizzard has almost never managed something correctly. Take MoP for example. Where's Varian "doing stuff" like they said? Where's the "focus on casuals" they said?

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    This would destroy guilds that are being held together only by people's refusal to pay $55 to get out of their server/situation.
    Said guilds shouldn't be holding back their better players, and that's a HORRIBLE reason for having a guild together. Guildies should be unified quite a bit methinks, at least enough to not abandon their group due to costs.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    what we really need is a centralized servers wide AH. With Blizzard supervision and semi-control.

something like Runescape Grand Exchange, that way, low pop realms wouldn't suffer that hard.
    I think that limited economies in games tend to end up being much healthier and rich with opportunities. Auction Houses spanning numerous servers are a chaos to handle and are especially bad for the small-scale sellers.

The limited auction houses work fine in WoW as long as the realm populations are appropriate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I'd really rather not have to deal with thousands of people posting and buying auctions of crafting mats simultaneously.
    Can you imagine trying to sell a stack of leather/cloth/ghost iron when a couple hundred other people are also listing them?

Just because it isn't your view doesn't mean it's a non existent argument.
    It might be an argument.But it's a terrible one.

''Oh Blizzard wants to merge my server...allowing myself to have access to a decent pool of raiding guilds,a decent pool of rated battlegrounds groups,a proper and healthy auction house economy,the liberty of not getting ganked by the massive overwhelming opposite faction during daily quests and profession farming.
    Altogether allowing me to have a quality gaming experience...wait...Naah I quite like my name.
    YONO!! (You Only Name Once)''

Most terrible argument I've seen on these forums in months.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    call me pessimistic but so long as their profits from people who actually pay for the server transfer stays above what they lose in people who actually unsub there will most likely never be free transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    The danger with realm transfers is that the players can end up flocking the popular realms and leave their old realms even worse off. A more realistic first step might be a free faction change away from the more populated faction. It would not be the end-all solution, but it would specifically affect the faction balance.
    That is the situation right now, people are leaving but also instead of (in this situation) using the free transfer they are instead just quitting so Blizzard are losing players and their sub money.

People, you all seem to think that the only ones leaving are the low pop players.

That was one example, and while it's a big part of it, it's not the grand scheme of things...

Free transfers, even on a CD, are terrible for the community. I don't know if Rift still offers free transfers, but in classic they did.

I personally abused the system to make plat (Rift gold). I'd play the AH cross realm. With free transfers I made 100k plat a month with little more than a few hours a month spent on buying at the AH and transferring to the higher priced realm and selling.

It also damages the community because your name and reputation have zero bearing. PUG a run, ninja the legendaries you want at the end, transfer and free name change.

In WoW, it would be even easier. The more anonymity someone is given on the internet, the bigger the douche they become.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

Surnames or even XXX of Garona solves the naming issue. servers MUST be merged or this will get worse. recruiting has bottomed out as hardly anyone plays or responds anymore AH prices are crazy on low pop servers

I said it on page 2 and i'll say it again....

BLIZZARD HAS SAID: CHARACTER TRANSFERS ARE A PREMIUM SERVICE, and are not in any way 100% needed for WoW. If you do not like your server, go re-roll. if you want to keep your toon, then pay the damn money and shut up about it....

someone please find me that blue post about it, its on MMO-champion somewhere.

Just re-roll or unsub, we don't need people who complain about premium WoW services.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    Free transfers, even on a CD, are terrible for the community. I don't know if Rift still offers free transfers, but in classic they did.

I personally abused the system to make plat (Rift gold). I'd play the AH cross realm. With free transfers I made 100k plat a month with little more than a few hours a month spent on buying at the AH and transferring to the higher priced realm and selling.

It also damages the community because your name and reputation have zero bearing. PUG a run, ninja the legendaries you want at the end, transfer and free name change.

In WoW, it would be even easier. The more anonymity someone is given on the internet, the bigger the douche they become.
    Easy,make the transfers have a 6 months cooldown.No server is gonna die before the cooldown is down,so this is all players need to solve their dead servers problems.
    What is the excuse now?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post

It also damages the community because your name and reputation have zero bearing. PUG a run, ninja the legendaries you want at the end, transfer and free name change. There's no Real ID to track you and you're back on the same realm a week later.
    they are definitely a slippery slope and one that needs to be addressed cautiously. GW2 offered free home world migrations for the first few months i played, not sure if they still do now or not, and while it wasnt bad at first it quickly became a problem (at least in our guilds eyes) in the WvWvW part of the game.

servers that were consistently dominating would get flooded with people who transferred from ones that werent doing nearly as good because they always wanted to be on the winning side. this led to several problems for both ends. the ones that were successful in WvWvW would get such an influx of players that the queues to get into WvWvW would become ridiculously long and the servers that werent successful would lose so many players they couldnt put up a decent enough fight due to be outpopulated.

generally what we noticed was that the larger WvWvW focused guilds would soon transfer to one of the low pop servers and within a week or two it would become the new hotspot because everyone would soon transfer to it due to its success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Easy,make the transfers have a 6 months cooldown.No server is gonna die before the cooldown is down,so this is all players need to solve their dead servers problems.
    What is the excuse now?
    Sounds like I still get to ninja at least two eight tab guild banks and however many pugs I can get away with and get a reset button for it twice a year. Sign me up.

Also the OP said once a month.

When Nesingwary US opened up near the beginning of WotLK, I saw these exact same things happen on my originating realm (Cairne) and on Nesingwary. Ninjas happened more frequently, gbanks got gibbed like it was going out of style and people made their xfers to Borean Tundra, Nesingwary and (I think) the other two realms that opened at the same time. Free migration was offered and a lot of people became dicks and made off with what they could. Fast forward three months, six months, a year and then you hear how this guild leader used to play on Cairne and he ran off with the bank to Nes etc.
    Last edited by NotLuto; 2013-05-10 at 09:46 PM.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    I said it on page 2 and i'll say it again....

BLIZZARD HAS SAID: CHARACTER TRANSFERS ARE A PREMIUM SERVICE, and are not in any way 100% needed for WoW. If you do not like your server, go re-roll. if you want to keep your toon, then pay the damn money and shut up about it....

someone please find me that blue post about it, its on MMO-champion somewhere.

Just re-roll or unsub, we don't need people who complain about premium WoW services.
    You know what was originally going to be an extra cost-per-month service? CR inviting, the ONE great thing about CRZ.

Because of the overwhelming negative feedback given about it costing money after the trial period with it, they made it free, and now we can cross-realm pug raids, allowing us to accomplish the older stuff much easier if we need players for it.

Not gonna lie, but when OpenRaid first came out during DS, that was some of the most fun times I've had. I'd be really unhappy if that was a premium service.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    What is the excuse now?
    that was the solution i think gw2 finally adopted. i believe there was a 1 month cooldown and it also costs gems which cost money to buy. its been a few months since ive played so i can say for certain