43 23.76%
  • Once in a while with friends

60 33.15%
  • No, I don't role-play

78 43.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Only RP'd once, and it was quite interesting. I was walking for about a minute before I was kidnapped and taken to an island by a band of gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    I never role play not because it's lame (I used to roleplay in chatrooms so I'd know how enjoyable that was) but rather because I don't know how to engage or even begin actual roleplaying in WoW. I've only gone as far as thinking about my toons' backstory and give them character.

All these times I've done heroics chain-pulling, do dailies, level alts, run battlegrounds, do old raids, basically everything but roleplay... I think I need to give WoW roleplaying a try soon.
    You know my server (Wyrmrest Accord) has at least one all-troll RP guild that I know of, RPers are generally more than happy to help out a newbie! You don't even need a really extensive backstory, when I first started in WoW RP I knew next to zero lore.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    TBH, I would like to RP, but I'm not that social and my english is kinda bad, so it would kill immersion when someone RP asks me something and it takes ages for me to reply because I could not remember one word...

So all I can do is to use RPish names and non-slutty and "realistic" transmogs. Though sometimes I do light "solo-RP", ie. just moving around like one would do IRL, not bunnyjumping around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Only RP'd once, and it was quite interesting. I was walking for about a minute before I was kidnapped and taken to an island by a band of gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

occasionally, some light rp.

While I admittedly don't RP Lin the traditional sense I do read all the quest texts. Not sure if that's RP or not but I definitely identify more with the character and world knowing why I'm doing something.

I never do, but I don't think it's lame. : P

The reason I don't is just because it's not my thing, never could get into it. Though as someone who enjoys writing and has written stories most her life, it's actually surprising that I DON'T. But when I'm on RP servers I enjoy seeing others RP : ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't there a fourth option which says "Never RPed before, but would like to try someday." Right now it's Yes > Sometimes > Never, RP is stupid. I mean, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I used to, but unfortunately it's shriveled up to a nonexistent aspect of the game now.

Feathermoon has only a handful of active RP guilds now, I'm afraid and I don't have it in my heart to leave my guild for them (plus they're namby pamby neutral position guilds rather than supporting war against the Horde).

P.S. Those active RP guilds who know I'm referring to them as namby pamby should be aware I luvs them lots and mean no offense and am being light hearted and jovial with that comment.
    You need to move to an RP server. There are events almost daily on Moon Guard. Last night there were Troll Riots in Orgrimmar, and on Thursday there was a court session in Stormwind. There's a set of RP-PVP events coming up in the next month or so, etc.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Why isn't there a fourth option which says "Never RPed before, but would like to try someday." Right now it's Yes > Sometimes > Never, RP is stupid. I mean, really?
    You're right I should've added "random choice for the pedantic child that wants everything their own way".

I'll keep it in mind for my next poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    My Draenei was walking out of the Cathedral District the other night, when I chanced upon three Human Rogues in a small group just on the side of the bridge from the Cathedral District to the Trade District.

One was backed up against the wall facing the other two, while one of the ones facing him was shouting, "I am calling the guards to arrest you!"
    The one against the wall responds with, "Go ahead. They can't un-rape her!"
    The angry one yelled, "RAPIST!!!1!!" and ran to the nearby canal and JUMPED INTO THE WATER.
    Then they all ran away.

...I still don't know what was going on. I'm fairly certain I don't want to know. Random RP is very...random.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have.
    But I don't think it's lame.

Thank you for those 'AMAZING' choice options.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Never have.
    But I don't think it's lame.

Thank you for those 'AMAZING' choice options.
    Go to the main wow forum page, click "create thread" and make your own poll just to your own liking. Oh wait it's easier to be a jerk and criticize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone say a good server for prefferibly alliance RP on EU realms? Or some forums where I could research it a bit more, I would like it as a resort option if my friends stop playing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to. I've tried to get into it many times and rolled on RP servers, but then I get there and nobody's RP'ing. Even in the guild finder it's hard to find even a single guild that does it. I guess it's just kind of gone by the wayside as the game has gotten more about convenience it might have killed off some of that immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't vote because of the biased poll. But I will say No. And it's not lame. Still thinking of trying it out sometime.

You could've had just a simple Yes, No, Maybe poll. Don't add the extra stuff next time.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Nah, you don't have to be a lore expert. A good rule of thumb is to just do your homework on the lore that's relevant to your character. Like, looking up stuff about your race/class on wowpedia and just the stuff your character would know. There's a LOT of lore out there but it's just the stuff that relates to your character that matters. The rest you'll pick up naturally!
    This is how I started learning WoW's lore, and now I'm the most knowledgeable about it among my friends. WoW lore is dense and complex and old, but it's not impossible.
    "Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thing that pisses me off, are people playing on rp realms, and contributing nothing to it. WHAT is the point of that?
    It's much like rolling on a low pop realm just to get more resources for yourself. Also, if most people are worried about RP, they are less likely to get in the way of a World First title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it everyone once in a while.

I was so hoping to come into this thread, and enjoy reading a few kinky stories, but sadly, that isn't the case!

I used to do a fair bit of Roleplaying a few years ago, but I gave up on it when the local community turned into a bunch of self-righteous; "Oh yeh, I'm the Overlord of Azeroth, Strongest Wo/Man alive and Bane of the Fallen King!".

I dislike over the top RP, and much prefer people to just roleplay their character, their slightly above average powerful soldier character. However, I do still maintain a very strong belief that all names should be RP.

I can't even imagine why anyone would want to run around with the name: dkcyberelf31

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Can anyone say a good server for prefferibly alliance RP on EU realms? Or some forums where I could research it a bit more, I would like it as a resort option if my friends stop playing again.
    Argent Dawn - I know a lot of friends who migrated there, and speak of it very highly. The community there was very organised a few years ago, and might still be. Check it out.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thing that pisses me off, are people playing on rp realms, and contributing nothing to it, either trolling, being hardcore raiders or pvpers, and yet never rping, or downloading rp addons to interact with.. WHAT is the point of that?
    I started on an RP Realm because I was just going to the same realm my friend was on, so I could on his account and send mine gold. I didn't know at the time what RP was or what it was about.

I agree it can be annoying, but a RP Realm isn't dedicated to RP, nor is a PvP Realm dedicated to PvP. They're just places where people with certain preferences can gather and mind more likeminded people.