Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its attitudes like that, and the snobby "i know it all" attitude from GC that has helped the WoW subs to fall off the cliff.
    You're right, those 1.3 million people (mostly people in another country) must have really hated one person's attitude and quit a game they enjoyed because of it.

Please, don't be stupid. People aren't going to quit a game because they don't like the attitude of a developer, they quit because they don't find the game fun anymore.

Yea Facade is probably the best explanation for what I was trying to say, and really I am unsubbing because community just isn't what it used to be. Lots of friends quiting and more of an emphasis on solo playing has creating a different feel to the game. I miss needing eachother to accomplish things. Even quests used to have elites that needed a group.

I feel like Its a train ride now. People hop on and off. Still playing together, but not really needing to communicate. Heck I even got kicked from a Lei Shen fight becuase I was explaining the fight lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You are right.
    They should hire more moderators to lock and delete those other 100 threads too.

Not every single user needs to open a thread on why he has left and how they should improve the game.
    Because, seriously, 99 out of 100 suggestions are crap and hardly reflect what the entire playerbase want.
    Better exit polling? In-game polling?

They need to do a better job of reading the community, because they're looking fairly illiterate in that regard lately.

Was one of the regulars on the NA WoW forums (Bullettime who contributes a lot in the PTR/Damage/Hunter boards.) I got a one week ban for "Trolling" by stating in one of the threads that a lot of the lost subs were from Asia going in the F2P direction and abandoning subscription model games.

Somehow that's considered trolling. The mods are going a little ban happy over there currently...

blizzard forums are some of the worst moderated forums in the gaming world, don't even waste your time there.

I once made a thread asking a question and by the 2nd page I said something like "I don't read elitistjerks", which was followed by about 26 pages of elitists linking my armory and achievements and insulting my real life personality all because I had said that little phrase. The admins let it run for 26 pages, probably because they were fat, loser, elitists as well, and they wanted to "teach me a lesson" for challenging the retarded status quo. True story, I even ended up mentionned on one of the WoW news sites back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Was one of the regulars on the NA WoW forums (Bullettime who contributes a lot in the PTR/Damage/Hunter boards.) I got a one week ban for "Trolling" by stating in one of the threads that a lot of the lost subs were from Asia going in the F2P direction and abandoning subscription model games.

Somehow that's considered trolling. The mods are going a little ban happy over there currently...
    They've always been like that, especially since Cataclysm.

Official forums, regardless of games, are often 'pruned' so rampant negativity doesn't seem commonplace.

Yea the whole "why are you quiting" servey they give you isn't that well developed, and honestly what If I wanted to discuss my concerns with other players. You can't do that with the servey. Too much of a controlled enviroment imo. You have to let people discuss the game even it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    When you freeze your account, you basically get asked "why are you leaving us?" and get to leave your feedback.
    So why would you need to make a forum post doing the same thing.are unsubscribing, quitting or whatever is rather strange to me.
    Because the exit questionnaire accepts multiple choice answers and very limited commentary. (I forget the exact number of characters allowed in the text box.) Customer Service on the phone will tell you to post on the forums if the space is inadequate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before and I'll say it again

If you aren't using class forums to help people or realm forums for recruitment and have any sense of humour you wish to share with the rest of the community, you will eventually be banned from the site.

Keep it strictly professional, limited to in-game issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    They've always been like that, especially since Cataclysm.

Official forums, regardless of games, are often 'pruned' so rampant negativity doesn't seem commonplace.
    I've never been banned on the boards before. I've posted in thousands of threads, hosted a lot of constructive threads and discussions, and never once got banned. But somehow I get a ban for "Trolling" for saying what Blizzard said themselves in the conference call.....

After any "crisis" like this, I've noticed that the mods go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overboard. The Real ID fiasco was similar where because of the amount of spam on the boards, they started haphazardly throwing random unnecessary bans at anyone who posted, regardless of the content of their post.

10+ Year Old Account

After any "crisis" like this, I've noticed that the mods go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overboard. The Real ID fiasco was similar where because of the amount of spam on the boards, they started haphazardly throwing bans at anyone who posted, regardless of the content of their post.
    Yeah I can agree with that. But the thing is there's a lot of negative nancy pruning going on, as there are more negative nancys going around.

That and they try and control the atmosphere (artificially of course) that the game appears to have.

Its attitudes like that, and the snobby "i know it all" attitude from GC that has helped the WoW subs to fall off the cliff.

Just replying to let you know that you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Just replying to let you know that you're wrong.
    Neither of you can prove it, so why bother posting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet only that the vast majority of the players never use the forums, nor have they any idea who GC is...
    Your logic is flawed right there.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Yea the whole "why are you quiting" servey they give you isn't that well developed, and honestly what If I wanted to discuss my concerns with other players. You can't do that with the servey. Too much of a controlled enviroment imo. You have to let people discuss the game even it's flaws.
    Isn't there a box for further comment? If yes, people could use that.

Wow, thats way harsh. I wasn't even banned and your post was just true. Wth are they thinking. This is really like slapping loyal customers.

kalgan is to blame, that terrorist.

My post took like 15 minutes to get deleted, maybe the mods were on their break? lol

How come when I read these types of Threads I imagine GC driving Around in his 400,000$ car whilst yelling later beeeotch's

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    So blizzard is now informing these moderators to quickly get rid of any post related to this huge elephant in the room.
    You might want to put on your tinfoil hat.
    Ever thought about posting in on of the other threads about the same thing? Keeps it easier for everyone, you know. I know it might sound ridiculous to not make a new thread, but you'll get over it.