ultraxion solo question

so i see mionelol has solo'd ultraxion

and my question is, is there anything special going on that has to be done to prevent ultraxion from exploding when you click to button to avoid fading light?

Ultraxion has never exploded when no 1 is active in the twilight realm, he melees targets within the twilight realm over the normal realm targets though, but when soloing it'll just stay on you. The only way the boss will explode is;

- You don't soak the Hour of Twilight
    - Enrage

gl have fun

Just solo'd Ultraxion last night, he doesn't blow up when you phase out, for me he attacked my bloodworms, not sure if I even got melee'd when I was phased out. TwentyTwelve is right though, just remember to soak hour of twilight (doesn't deal much damage at all,) and remember to make use of the Last Defender of Azeroth buff, it's powerful but necessary to survive some of the later Twilight Instability damage.

Here's the log from when I killed him earlier, hope this can be of some use to you!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=31486&e=31781

Do Lichborne, AMZ and Purgatory have reduced cool downs given the Last Defender of Azeroth buff? Shouldn't be that major but I know that for Guardians that Savage Defense is not given the same treatment as Barkskin and Survival Instincts despite being a defensive cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMS should be up for every hour of twilight with the defender buff, making dks able to solo it quite easily, im also pretty sure he stays up if you will out of fading light
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

His name is Han, not Ultraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Do Lichborne, AMZ and Purgatory have reduced cool downs given the Last Defender of Azeroth buff? Shouldn't be that major but I know that for Guardians that Savage Defense is not given the same treatment as Barkskin and Survival Instincts despite being a defensive cooldown.
    Half the CD and double the duration actually. I don't think there was a single major CD that I tried that wasn't affected by Last Defender, IBF, VB, BT, AMS, DRW, LB, BS all work just fine.

another question, how much DPS is needed for this?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    another question, how much DPS is needed for this?
    Divide his HP by 360 and you have your answer.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Thought i'd post again but this time to offer advice, the most obvious one really is focus on dps
    - fading light debuff, only use heroic will at the very last second(even lower the better!)
    - Dancing rune weapon at the start ASAP, as well as other tank cds like IBF and such, they all get reset 5-10secs into the fight.
    - AMS the arcs and NOT the Hour of twilight, i saw someone mention AMS will be ready for each HoT, true but the arcs are the damage within the fight, AMS will soak atleast 2 arcs which is a lot more damage than 1 hour of twilight + it'll give you Runic power

Aim to kill ultraxion before the 5th minute as that is the intense part.
    You can use IBF at the start / when off cd, but after that save it, you need IBF for the ending if you are struggling to kill him before 5:00.

When i use to play my dk over my pally i was attempting ultraxion in around 480ilvl, the fights fairly easy, but ofc like any solo you just have to pratice and get use to it.

were you in dps gear but a blood spec?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    were you in dps gear but a blood spec?
    Yep! Had DPS gear on since I had just finished Hagara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use ams for arcs