Poll: Have you ever canceled your Sub?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you ever Cancelled your Sub?

Have you ever cancelled your sub? If so, why? If not, why? Poll to follow.

Note: Edited thread title [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 11:25 PM.

TWO THREADS IN ONE DAY! Man you're on a roll.

Don't spam. Address the thread topic. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 11:14 PM.

no.

I might have ran out of gametime a few times, but I usually put more gametime in after a few days. that usually happens because I forgot to pay the game, not because I wanted to quit.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Never. Joined when BT came out, also had the annual pass.

Why? Mostly couldn't be arsed to cancel, even during times when I'd only log in once every few weeks and the costs are negligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my 3-4 years experience, i have not even once ended my gametime.
    i always pay like half year ahead to make sure i wont run out :P

I have spended to much on my account, i will not abandon that, i will keep paying and playing till WoW is dead or F2P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Every summer I cancel it don't game at all in June and July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported this thread. Already too many topics on the whole subs thing, the forums don't need another.

You too: don't spam. We don't need announcements about which topics you are reporting. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Reported this thread. Already too many topics on the whole subs thing, the forums don't need another.
    Totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up until this year, I've always let it lapse for a month or two--with every intention of activating it again--to go and play other pay-to-play MMO's. So yes and no. I haven't decided if the new Rift expansion is attractive enough this year to do that. Or I might and just buy something else. It's not something I think a lot about. I just decide and do it.

To my mind, taking breaks now and then is a good thing and Blizzard makes it very easy and painless to do.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 11:16 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cancelled my sub 4 or 5 times and I've played since early vanilla.

Always plan to come back though. Just had a break now and again when I get burnt out.

Yeah, when it get's boring, why pay to not play?
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This is a very focused question though...I agree that some of these threads are redundant and baiting, but this thread is asking a very specific question.

OT: I have been subbed mostly straight through since mid TBC, but I cancelled for around 5-6 months mid FL to mid DS. Subbed now and for the foreseeable future.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Yes I have cancelled my subscription a few times. A few of the times was when I did not have the spare money to continue my subscription (during BC), but most recently I cancelled my subscription during dragon soul because i felt that it was a horrible raid, and due to it being the final tier of the expansion, i did not have to gear up from it for the next tier. As soon as i was 8/8 N, i stopped playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I've always had enough fun to justify the cost.

I won't say I will stick around "under the servers are taken down" but I don't have any intention of cancelling any time soon. I'll keep my sub as long as I'm having $15 worth of fun a month. Even if was at the point where I was only playing an hour or two a week, it would still be a bargain as far as entertainment value.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yes. My account started in November 2004, and the first time I ever quit was the day my guild killed Yogg Saron in Ulduar. I didn't reactivate until towards the end of ICC. I even deleted all of my characters to dissuade me from coming back. (Obviously it didn't work).

The second time I quit was during Firelands. We killed Ragnaros, and had just downed Hard Mode Shannox. I resubbed towards the end of Dragon Soul.

So yeah. I have cancelled my account and taken a few months off at least twice.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I have once since BC and I am currently subbed right now. Took a fairly long break during Wrath. Missed all of Ulduar and came back during the middle of ToC. If only it had been the other way around. lol. But such is life.

To me, the game is still fun and it is worth the 15 bucks a month. The only other video game I've actually justified paying for in years was The Walking Dead and, I believe NHL 10. Other than that, I hardly play anything else. If I do, it is usually free games. Am I missing out on some great games? Absolutely. But I don't feel like it is worth paying 60 bucks for a game that I will finish/play in a month and be bored of it, never looking at it again. To me, WoW is worth it. At least until it stops being enjoyable.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-05-10 at 11:17 PM.

You're missing at least 1 option
    - Yes, but I might return in the future.

plenty of times. its nice to take a break what you enjoy

Cancelled when a far superior game called GW2 came out
    Never looked back

Infracted: Do not make game versus game posts. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 11:21 PM.

Yeah, I have in WoTLK during Ulduar.. just started hating he game then, came back in late cata