Deleted

Different positions of unit frames

Hello.

Since classic, I have been keeping player frame in it's original place (top left) and target frame top middle. I have never been super-efficient with my UI (never played serious raiding or pvp), and I'm really used to it. But now that i started running LFR, target frame blocks too much of my view, as I like to keep my frames kinda large (my monitor is far away).

Many UI's seem to place target (and player) frames in lower half of the screen. What's the real reason? Not blocking anything or just that one would not need to move his eyes that much from center of the screen?

Is there other common places for target frames? I do realize that it's just matter of getting accustomed to, but I would like to try few different things for my new UI arrangement. I'm not really interested getting whole UI pack nor changing my addons (been using perl classic since -06 lol), just the position of player and target frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Many UI's seem to place target (and player) frames in lower half of the screen. What's the real reason? Not blocking anything or just that one would not need to move his eyes that much from center of the screen?
    Yes, the main reason is to have your bars and your unit frames close together, so your eye does not have to wander all the way to the top left corner.
    It is less important for some roles and more important for others, but that's the main idea.

Personally I made the jump from left-corner frames in Cata for PVP reasons, but it's really useful in PVE on some characters (esp. tanks) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Is there other common places for target frames? I do realize that it's just matter of getting accustomed to, but I would like to try few different things for my new UI arrangement. I'm not really interested getting whole UI pack nor changing my addons (been using perl classic since -06 lol), just the position of player and target frames.
    Most UI's I've seen place them at the bottom, one way or another.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Generally I tend to see them centered around the middle of the screen.
    Either fairly close to each other for tank/dps roles and maybe either side of a centralised raid frame for a healer.
    I have seen also healer layouts where all the frames are to one side of the raid frames.