Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmogging Legendary

Greetings,

Are there any plans if blizzard is going to allow legendaries to get transmogged?
    A few days ago i got the legendary bow, and i would love to transmog him
    I thought i read something about legendaries a while ago but can't remember what.

Anyone knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

kinda have mixed feelings about it , ofcourse it would be cool to xmog legendaries.. but then on the other hand EVERYONE will do it lol

Sure, it would be nice to be able to use legendary models. But, if you could transmog legendaries, then everyone would do so, and they would no longer feel unique or special.

It's a double-edged sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optionlul View Post
    kinda have mixed feelings about it , ofcourse it would be cool to xmog legendaries.. but then on the other hand EVERYONE will do it lol
    They are still legendaries, it's not like everyone has it.
    I think it's ashame if blizzard just throws away old legendaries, this way they will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I think it's ashame if blizzard just throws away old legendaries, this way they will never be forgotten.
    say that to the MILLIONS of rogues with warglaives lol, yes it would be cool but everyone would eventually farm and get them idk

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Sure, it would be nice to be able to use legendary models. But, if you could transmog legendaries, then everyone would do so, and they would no longer feel unique or special.

It's a double-edged sword.
    Careful, those warglaives are sharp.

No, not everyone has them. However, the second blizz allows it, everyone will be farming legendaries and then everyone will have them. Just like the ravenlord mount and ashes of al'air.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that you should be able to mog legendaries, but only if you got them DURING the expansion in which they became available.

That would limit the amount of people running around with them, while also letting the applicable people do it.

On a slightly related topic, Shadows Edge mog, MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    say that to the MILLIONS of rogues with warglaives lol, yes it would be cool but everyone would eventually farm and get them idk
    Gear itself isn't important anyways, like everyone you look around has like bling bling armor, so why not have bling bling weapons too?

yeah because everyone farms icc for months to get shadowmourne, or bt for months possibly years to get lucky and get the warglaives.

even the easier legendarys to farm still could take people years when it comes to the luck based ones, and due to lockouts even the recent "grind this stuff for a long time" still take quite awhile.

i think they should just let us transmog legendarys in 5.4 when we get our legendary mists weapons.

its funny if they keep the formula like this for legendary weapons they really will be legendary.

imagine trying to come back and do the legendary questline for mists next expansion. you will either have to lock xp and run through every mist of pandaria lfr for months or farm EVERY tier of mists to get the legendary.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Blizz have already said in several posts, threads and official releases that legendary's will never be part of the transmog system so that it doesn't cheapen or lessen the achievement of having got said legendary for those that were able to obtain them.

If you want to run around with a legendary looking weapon, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way by grinding whichever one it is you're after and then equipping it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah because everyone farms icc for months to get shadowmourne, or bt for months possibly years to get lucky and get the warglaives.

even the easier legendarys to farm still could take people years when it comes to the luck based ones, and due to lockouts even the recent "grind this stuff for a long time" still take quite awhile.

i think they should just let us transmog legendarys in 5.4 when we get our legendary mists weapons.

its funny if they keep the formula like this for legendary weapons they really will be legendary.

imagine trying to come back and do the legendary questline for mists next expansion. you will either have to lock xp and run through every mist of pandaria lfr for months or farm EVERY tier of mists to get the legendary.
    MoP legendary grind is painfull if you are going to do it a few expansions later lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emi666 View Post
    Blizz have already said in several posts, threads and official releases that legendary's will never be part of the transmog system so that it doesn't cheapen or lessen the achievement of having got said legendary for those that were able to obtain them.

If you want to run around with a legendary looking weapon, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way by grinding whichever one it is you're after and then equipping it
    no they havent, theyve never ruled it out ever
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi666 View Post

Source please?

As a hunter, I wouldn't transmog the bow. It's not my style. The Warglaives on a rogue, maybe. Rag's hammer, prolly not. Rogue Daggers, God No. I don't even like most of the legendaries that much, haha.

Blizzard has already responded to this with what I consider a fairly weak argument; Legendaries are Prestige and should be seen as such.

The argument itself isn't what makes it weak; it's the argument in the context of transmog. In order to transmog an item you need to have that item on the account you're wanting to do the transmog. If there are 50 Shadowmourne legendaries on your server Transmog is not going to multiply that number. Only the people who have obtained Shadowmourne will be able to transmog their newer, less-legendary Axe into Shadowmourne. Legendaries are about Prestige right? What's more Prestigious than being allowed to show off your weapon?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see a problem in EVERYONE mogging into Legendaries. Bullshit excuse is bullshit.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I have every legendary I can possibily wield. I got the bow In may 2011, then a few months later i finally got my second warglaive (took a year and 2 months from the time I got the bow), and i have the daggers from cata, and now i just got half of the bindings for thunderfury. They arent that difficult to obtain at 90. Now, I have my DK working on Shadowmourne.

EDIT: realized i dont like how i worded the warglaive explanation. I was working on the glaives back in 2010, got the bow in may 2011, then a few months later i got the OH glaive that i was farming for over a year for) The first time I got the MH glaive was the first time I ran BT. Which was 7/11/10. got the OH on 7/21/11
    Last edited by Sicarius87; 2013-05-11 at 05:17 PM.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I honestly don't see a problem in EVERYONE mogging into Legendaries. Bullshit excuse is bullshit.
    I honestly see it as a way to come out with a "NEW FEATURE" sometime down the road. "Now able to transmogrify legendaries! Isn't that great, everyone?"

Deleted
    Source please?
    Google it, they said it multiple times.

And I totally agree with them btw, everyone would farm the glaives or thunderfury... and the others...
    They should never make it happen
    Keep them a bit unique

since 5.2 ive got good enough gear to solo the majority of icc 25. currently at 15 out of 50 shards.

honestly 5.4 would be the perfect time to allow it, "everyone" will be running around with a legendary anyways, might as well make them transmogable and give it a month or so and only the people who really like the designs will use them.

whens the last time you saw a pally in mc gear?