Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows.
    Still plenty of things going on on Azeroth, and others happening beyond
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Most people expect a Burning Legion expansion, or Azshara/N'zoth. If I had to predict, I'd say the Burning Legion would be held off until a later point. There are still threats on Azeroth that need attention before we fly into space. I would assume the Emerald Dream would be a Molten Front/Isle of Thunder situation WITH the Azshara expansion - a quest zone and then a patch raid. It doesn't have enough people or buildings to be a functional complete world for an expansion, plus N'zoth is in control of the Nightmare there. It would tie in well.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they were to go to several other broken/corrupted worlds that the Legion control over the course of a few expansions. There are places like Argus (where people assume Sargeras made the Legion's main base) or Xoroth (the alleged home world of the Nathrezim). There is also the remains (if there are any) of K'aresh, the Ethereal home world. The last would tie in well if they made a neutral Ethereal race, similar to the Pandaren, run by a cartel for each faction. They could always add new worlds, as well.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if we revisited Azjol-Nerub, or another hidden Aqir-descended empire. Azjol-Nerub was said to have deeper levels than even Ahn'kahet, and there could be quite a few possibilities down there dealing with Old Gods, cultists, and perhaps even remnants of the Tol'vir that were stationed there. There has been a popular thread here with many ideas about it. However, if Blizzard did this, they would have to be careful to not make the lore too repetitive since we've already seen quite a bit of the Old Gods, the cultists, and their forces. It would be an interesting expansion, however, and could even have an Aqir-like playable race, or even neutral Vrykul as a playable race.

Personally, I wouldn't mind whatever comes next as long as they have new races or classes I'd enjoy playing. After the announcement of MoP, I resigned myself to be ready for anything in the next expansion. But, I doubt they'd put off Azshara and N'Zoth's storylines for too long.

If we have another expansion "like MoP" I will quit.

expect subs to drop by 2 million

If it won't be something expected (like Emerald Dream, Burning Legion, Azshara or Chromatus expansion), people will be disappointed. Especially if it will be something like "Return of the Mogu".

"Mists of Pandaria" (ignoring all the unseriousness of expansion) feels like soap-opera move. It isn't really connected to the story (which on it's own has like 3-4 expansions to work on outside of Pandarens) and thus it makes it feeling quite dull and, like in those soap-operas, just artificially extending soap opera by events, which have minimum (if not zero) connection to main storylines.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    If we have another expansion "like MoP" I will quit.
    and, just like now, noone will care. seeya. can i have your stuff?

OT: I firmly believe it's going to be a legion themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    If it won't be something expected (like Emerald Dream, Burning Legion, Azshara or Chromatus expansion), people will be disappointed. Especially if it will be something like "Return of the Mogu".

"Mists of Pandaria" (ignoring all the unseriousness of expansion) feels like soap-opera move. It isn't really connected to the story (which on it's own has like 3-4 expansions to work on outside of Pandarens) and thus it makes it feeling quite dull and, like in those soap-operas, just artificially extending soap opera by events, which have minimum (if not zero) connection to main storylines.
    Not connected to the story? MoP is actually providing more story within the two factoins at level cap than any other expansion has. Cata is the only one that may come close, but all of its story developments within the factions happened in low level quests, or within the Twilight Highlands, while MoP is advancing the factions stories with every major content patch. And while MoP does have its silly elements, the only place it gets really silly is Valley of the Four Winds and Stormstout Brewery. Outside of those areas, there are actually serious storylines to be found.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria may have this light-hearted "feel" and look to it, but it does play with serious themes
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If it doesn't involve Demons, I will be let down.

I could care less about:
    -Azshara, Naga and Vashj'ir type zones (Seriously Underwater Zones are terrible)
    -The Emerald Nightmare (To be fair that plot was tied up in a terrible Knaak book, or typical Knaak book., I should say.)\
    -Another minor plot like Pandaria.

Honestly, I just want to see BC 2.0 with KJ as the final boss, Showdown on Argus etc etc.
    I agree so hard. So hard. I'm rock hard in agreement with you right now. C'mere bitch.

Deleted

I could care less about:
    -Azshara, Naga and Vashj'ir type zones (Seriously Underwater Zones are terrible)
    -The Emerald Nightmare (To be fair that plot was tied up in a terrible Knaak book, or typical Knaak book., I should say.)\

Honestly, I just want to see BC 2.0 with KJ as the final boss, Showdown on Argus etc etc.
    I agree with this guy, honestly I just don't feel like Azshara and the Emerald Dream have "enough" to make a decent expansion. And totally agree with the under water zones, don't know about anybody else but personally I avoid under water quests and zones like the plague, they don't appeal to me in the slighest. I understand some people find these concepts interesting but IMO they just don't peak my interest at all, not saying there will never be an expansion like that, but they won't be to my taste if they happen.

I'll be happy with more burning legion action, I won't quit if it isn't but I will be a little disapointed.

I have to admit I thought of that myself - but seeing that Pandaria was already a pretty unexpected place and style, I'm MORE than certain that they (Blizz) already planned on doing a balance and planning something familiar with next expansion.

...unless they have developed a really REALLY big ego, that is. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I agree with this guy, honestly I just don't feel like Azshara and the Emerald Dream have "enough" to make a decent expansion
    There wasn't enough to make a Pandaria expansion but Blizzard proved that wrong.
    I'm really hoping for a Azshara expansion next.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I could care less about:

Do you REALLY care about Demons? Or do you simply just remember BC as an expansion you enjoyed because of its gameplay style?

I ask this because you have to remember, there's a VERY good chance that if we get Demons, Burning Legion and Kil'Jaeden next expansion - it's going to have LFR friendly versions, spamfest heroics and lots of daily quests and what-not. In short - today's style gameplay.

Demons does not mean a return to Burning Crusade GAMEPLAY.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There wasn't enough to make a Pandaria expansion but Blizzard proved that wrong.
    I'm really hoping for a Azshara expansion next.
    This is VERY true.

I mean, the Naga/Nightelves/Highelves alone have had a TON more lore in them than the Pandaren had by the time Cata came out. (hell, even by Vanilla!). Only thing we had about Pandaria back then was one beer-loving panda who helped out the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I have to admit I thought of that myself - but seeing that Pandaria was already a pretty unexpected place and style, I'm MORE than certain that they (Blizz) already planned on doing a balance and planning something familiar with next expansion.

...unless they have developed a really REALLY big ego, that is. >_<
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me at least, that burning legion is a popular theme amongst players at the moment, I know I for one want to see Sargeras finally, it's been a long time coming, I've got a feeling they'll stick with what we know, but who knows, maybe they will pull something else crazy out the bag, I'm not really a fan of the MoP theme but I respect the balls Blizzard must have had to go ahead with it, it's well done IMO, either way, I'm just excited to see what they've been working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me at least, that burning legion is a popular theme amongst players at the moment, I know I for one want to see Sargeras finally, it's been a long time coming, I've got a feeling they'll stick with what we know, but who knows, maybe they will pull something else crazy out the bag, I'm not really a fan of the MoP theme but I respect the balls Blizzard must have had to go ahead with it, it's well done IMO, either way, I'm just excited to see what they've been working on.
    I think a large part of why BL is such a common and popular theory is not solely because the Legion is awesome, but also because they've been dropping hints to build up the idea, not the least of which being Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think a large part of why BL is such a common and popular theory is not solely because the Legion is awesome, but also because they've been dropping hints to build up the idea, not the least of which being Wrathion.
    That and... lets face it... they ARE the main villain of the Warcraft universe at this point and are, quite possibly, the only remaining threat we haven't dealt with fully yet.

I mean, the second closest is the Lich King and his army... and that's been dealt with (for now).

Only other thing that's known are the Old Gods (overplayed since Wrath) and possibly the Titans (even if they do become a threat, we really don't know squat about them.)

Naga are Azshara - who's a puppet for an Old God
    Same goes with the guy running the Emerald Nightmare (and that story's been 98% dealt with in a novel).

Not much else is left at this point really in terms of villains... Unless the Furbolg and Murlocks enter an unholy and akward alliance. :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not much else is left at this point really in terms of villains... Unless the Furbolg and Murlocks enter an unholy and akward alliance. :P
    Blizzard can easily make new villains, example - Mogu

We're running out of places on Azeroth that could be new. That means revamping again a la Cata or going elsewhere, whether its another plane, planet, or the moon.

Personally speaking fighting the Titans would be a fun expansion although a return of the Titans would likely be a Cataclysm 2 Electric Boogaloo.

For goign somewhere else: Perhaps Wrathion leads the factions to a Burning Legion held world/stronghold for a preemptive strike?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I honestly highly doubt we will ever get an expansion dedicated to the emerald dream. Its more or less been covered already, and it wouldn't really be all that interesting imo. I think we are going to get another Burning Legion expansion. What would be very very surprising is if we went to Argus or the Dreadlord homeworld for the next expac. The only other thing I can think off is an xpac dealing with Azshara & King Rastakhan, but again that's as doubtful as the emerald dream since its mostly covered in cataclysm/MoP.
    Why can't they go back to the Emerald Dream? They could easily just go "something is happening again in the emerald dream" and write up a reason why. I don't get why people think we can't have this or that in WoW cause there isn't enough info or it has been covered.

Deleted
    Is the Emerald Dream not essentially just a copy of azeroth?

I'm not entirely sure but I thought I read that it was essentially just an uncorrupted "back up" copy of azeroth or some shit like that, I don't doubt Blizzard's creative capability but wouldn't it be awfully similar to the azeroth we know... just more... green?