Poll: Rate the LFR difficulty

Thread: LFR difficulty

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR difficulty

I read a lot of people complaining about it but let's assume blizzard never remove it (very likely option) so if we review the current form of lfr how do you rate it's difficulty?

Meh, it's just for people who can't raid to see the content. In all honesty it's fine it should not be looked at as actually raiding though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Meh, it's just for people who can't raid to see the content. In all honesty it's fine it should not be looked at as actually raiding though.
    That reminds me I probably should've had a keep it the same option. Oh well.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how there's no, "It's fine how it is, leave it" Option.
    -Edit: I said that before you had posted that you should have had one. NVM :P
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I like how there's no, "It's fine how it is, leave it" Option.
    I like how 4 minutes before you posted this opinion I mentioned that was my mistake.

I feel like it should ramp appropriately. The first few bosses are fine as they are now, but they should gradually get harder.

LS didn't need a nerf, for example.

How about just for giggles a LFR at Normal Difficulty with Normal Mode loot.

Wipes happen just as frequently on LFR as with a bad guild. Why not have 2 LFR difficulties side by side separated by ilvl requirements. Worked for Diablo 3.

For Example: Throne of Thunder
    Level 1 LFR: ilvl Req 486 (Current LFR Difficulty and Gear)

Level 2 LFR: ilvl Req 502 (New: Normal Mode with 522 Gear)

Level 3 LFR: ilvl Req 522 (Heroic Mode: with Heroic Gear)

Raid Lockouts would be shared with non-LFR Raids so you can choose to go with a well coordinated guild or try your luck with a rag tag assortment of people who have all seen this raid about a dozen times already.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    I like how 4 minutes before you posted this opinion I mentioned that was my mistake.
    See my edit.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post

Why would each mode require a higher item level than was possible to obtain from gear of the same difficulty in the previous tier? If the intention was to go from LFR 1 > LFR 1, LFR 2 > LFR 2, LFR 3 > LFR 3, they'd have to require 483, 496, and 509 respectively. (Yes, it's possible to exceed 483 with Valor gear, but that shouldn't be required from a direct progression standpoint, which is why ToT LFR only requires 480.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    How about just for giggles a LFR at Normal Difficulty with Normal Mode loot.

Wipes happen just as frequently on LFR as with a bad guild. Why not have 2 LFR difficulties side by side separated by ilvl requirements. Worked for Diablo 3.

Raid Lockouts would be shared with non-LFR Raids so you can choose to go with a well coordinated guild or try your luck with a rag tag assortment of people who have all seen this raid about a dozen times already.
    A very sensible fix for lfr.

How do you rate it's current difficulty though,

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your poll should also have 'It's fine' option. The difficulty isn't to hard, while some of the fights clearly gives a bunch of random people a tough nut to crack. It is perfectly fine in its current condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    Your poll should also have 'It's fine' option. The difficulty isn't to hard, while some of the fights clearly gives a bunch of random people a tough nut to crack. It is perfectly fine in its current condition.
    Post 3 addresses this.

Why do people refuse to read previous posts. This is why wow is declining. Unless things are spoonfed people sit there mindlessly waiting.

I think the difficulty should be higher or even better a LFR "Heroic" that is as hard as Normal. More Fights like Ji-kun, Lei-Shen or Durumu would be nice; except that durumu was simply bad because of the bad details before the patch)

And yes, a second LFR-Stage with much harder content and maybe a warning that you may not be able to complete it should be enough. Random-Easymode and random hardmode (normal) would be nice; real heroic should be raider only.

It is fine as it is, the problem is with ppl, a lot of them don't use brain, so hardering it will be missunderstand

Honestly I think its is perfect as is. The only exception I would of made this tier to LFR is to put Lei Shen in his own LFR queue since it seems half the groups I'm in don't want to even bother with him. Any easier though and it would be like fighting target dummies. Any harder and all bosses will have multiple wipes. The purpose of looking for raid is to give you a little taste of what raiding is like to maybe interest you in doing normals while at the same time letting you see the content. Any easier and it would lose all taste of raiding. It wouldn't be looking for raid anymore, it would be looking for loot.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by AseyBL View Post
    It is fine as it is, the problem is with ppl, a lot of them don't use brain, so hardering it will be missunderstand
    Well you've just implied it can be too difficult for some because "a lot of then don't use brain" so why not make it easier for them to understand?

LFR is currently roughly as difficult as you can make content for 25 random strangers. Some bosses are easier, some bosses harder, but you can't really make it any more difficult without crossing the 'requires pre-made groups" threshold.

Leave it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    LFR is currently roughly as difficult as you can make content for 25 random strangers. Some bosses are easier, some bosses harder, but you can't really make it any more difficult without crossing the 'requires pre-made groups" threshold.

Leave it as is.
    Many people have said that today's average raiders are better than when wow first came out because they understand the game more and add ons make things easier. If that's the case then increasing difficulty will see the vast majority adapt to it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people have said that today's average raiders are better than when wow first came out because they understand the game more and add ons make things easier. If that's the case then increasing difficulty will see the vast majority adapt to it, right?
    It is increasing in difficulty, though. T14 LFR was much harder than DS LFR, and ToT LFR is harder than T14 LFR (although the jump wasn't quite as large).

Wrong. These are two vastly different populations with vastly different attitudes toward how they play. If you try to treat them as a single population, you will fail.

Type 1 Raiders try hard to improve their own skill. They seek out challenges and tools to meet those challenges. They research the fight. They used to be the only raiders prior to LFR.

Type 2 Raiders show up with what they have. They may or may not have useful addons. They probably go into the fight blind for the first time. Their skill level is flat, they only get better by memorizing fights, not actually improving their fundamental skills. They probably have no N/H raiding experience. These are the raiders that LFR attracts.

Both groups show up for fun, but they have different levels of frustration they will tolerate, they have different amounts of effort that are willing to give. Increasing the difficulty of LFR wont make Type 2 Raiders rise to the challenge, it makes them seek their fun elsewhere. That elsewhere may not be WoW, which is bad for both WoW and Raiding.

TLR You can't treat the raiding (LFR/N/H) population of WoW as a single group. Each sub group wants something different and LFR is pretty well designed for it's intended audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It is increasing in difficulty, though. T14 LFR was much harder than DS LFR, and ToT LFR is harder than T14 LFR (although the jump wasn't quite as large).
    I think Blizzard is gradually increasing the difficulty to see how far they can push LFR before the system breaks down. I think pre-nerf Lei Shen was that breaking point.