Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, these guys will be missed. They were funny to listen to!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were still making anything worth watching, I'd miss them. Fatboss was a fairly valuable resource during Cataclysm, was quick, succinct, precise, to the point.

...But their MoP videos? Left much to be desired imo.

Pretty sure Aliena is making guides again

Why would anybody send them hatemail?..

I did never prefered their guides, but i found their "raidXYZ in 60 seconds" videos simply hilarious. i hope they will still do those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so sad to hear this! I first found out about Fatboss in DS, and it really helped my guild at the time. So sad to hear they're gone.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

i require adorable accents if i'm going to watch a guide... definitely going to miss these guys and their guides.

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network

Deleted
    I really liked Fatboss, even if often we'd adopt a different strat they were always informative and fun to watch (plus giving us a working strat that we could derive off and adapt to our noobness).

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Fatboss guides are generally bad anyway.
    I don't think they're that bad at all. I enjoyed their guides, their voices and I loved their humor. Everything comes to an end eventually though. They have a lot on their plates and it sounds like trying to do guides and what not was starting to kill them. This frees up a lot of space.

Negativity wise, I'm not sure why some people are being so rude on here. Well I know why, but goodness. Some people, I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I don't think they're that bad at all. I enjoyed their guides, their voices and I loved their humor. Everything comes to an end eventually though. They have a lot on their plates and it sounds like trying to do guides and what not was starting to kill them. This frees up a lot of space.

Negativity wise, I'm not sure why some people are being so rude on here. Well I know why, but goodness. Some people, I tell ya.
    You should not take things so seriously. They themselves say in their video to tell them if they're being dumb shits by making this decision, lol.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A minute of silence please.

I´ll miss those guides. Even if they weren´t always as much in detail as I wished, at least they hadn´t shitty techno music. Those guys guided my guild lefthandedly though normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Pretty sure Aliena is making guides again
    She is, but I don't think her new (more casual) guild is at the same level as Void was, so the guides are mainly for normal modes... as I said before making a heroic guide at this point would be quite tough - completely different than a normal guide.

I have been a fan of their videos for the last 2 years or so. A nice mixture of info and some humor to keep ppl paying attention. As it has been pointed out Vox Immortalis is another source of info to check out, you won't get the humor and the videos are a bit longer but they are almost always filled with solid info.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This is such a shame, they made fantastic guides that got me through a lot of my raiding days. Their guides will be missed dearly, hopefully they are successful with what they do in the future.
    Last edited by Myrandron; 2013-05-12 at 06:51 AM.

I'm glad. My guild is very rigid about using their guides, and I get so sick of hearing "This boss sucks, Blizzard sucks, World of Warcraft sucks, what a shitty sucking fucking shit boss this is" before every guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I'm glad. My guild is very rigid about using their guides, and I get so sick of hearing "This boss sucks, Blizzard sucks, World of Warcraft sucks, what a shitty sucking fucking shit boss this is" before every guide.
    Did you somehow miss the part where they complemented Blizzard for awesome encounter design with almost every ToT boss guide?

Makes me wonder if the rise of live streaming has hurt the traffic for guides and prepared videos. Guides should be better for learning fights, but twitch seems to be doing really well these days.

thats a shame, i always liked fatboss guides.. they were awesome in Firelands and they made dragonsoul entertaining. MSV as well.

"Don't stand in the shit.... because nobody likes shit on their shoes" - Fatboss
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Hi this is all just a hobby. Those guys don't like what they did anymore and they decided to quit. I find this pretty respectable, even more when it seems that they want to go into a more professional direction and stuff they might be doing later for their job (at least to me it sounded a little bit like that). They will always have their audience, because they appear to be very friendly and funny kind of guys. I always liked listening to their guides and also disappointed that they won't be continued, because this was usually the first source for guides that I went to