Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm from the side of Switzerland where we speak french ^^ But thank you though !
    I didn't know Canada was anywhere near Switzerland.
    BAD WOLF

Just enter the code without credit card information on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Thanks to AAF (ascend a Friend) I have not paid for a sub in over 7 months now, can't help but feel responsible for rift F2P
    If you have legitimately made people start playing, you actually gave them more income.
    If you didn't, shame on you. Stand in the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If you have legitimately made people start playing, you actually gave them more income.
    If you didn't, shame on you. Stand in the corner.
    Every AAF is a business opportunity they wouldn't have had before. As long as that person buys one month past the initial, you get 1 month added. In essence, they are gambling that their game is good enough to warrant more than 1 month's subscription. In most cases they are right. It's a great system.

It's also 'free' advertisement.
    BAD WOLF

Does anyone know if the Raptr deal counts towards AAF rewards like the pet, hat and mount?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

So... I managed to make three separate rift and raptr accounts that I used to ascend a friend on my main account and I did in fact get credit towards the three rewards, corgi pet, swashbuckler hat and fiery horse.

At first I thought it didn't work because it said they hadn't subscribed, but after I logged into each account, they had earned an achievement "One Month Veteran." Turns out that's what triggers the subscription requirements.

Now, I wouldn't really recommend doing this if you can recruit actual people. I only did it for testing purposes, and I also can't convince my friends to try Rift, shame really, they have no idea what they're missing.
    Priest Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    At first I thought it didn't work because it said they hadn't subscribed, but after I logged into each account, they had earned an achievement "One Month Veteran." Turns out that's what triggers the subscription requirements.
    Nice, thanks for that. I'd made an account to help my bf get his last AAF reward, but it didn't seem to work. Once I logged in with it he got his horsie.

Is it just me or do we no longer have access to the SL souls with the F2P update ? I got an SL key through the raptr promotion and could make such chars till today. No idea whether this is a bug or intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    Is it just me or do we no longer have access to the SL souls with the F2P update ? I got an SL key through the raptr promotion and could make such chars till today. No idea whether this is a bug or intentional.
    They say to exit the game and log back in. That should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    They say to exit the game and log back in. That should fix it.
    Tried that. It says it requires purchase to unlock.

Logged in and óut a lot of times these past few days, unfortunately so far it had no effect on the souls. Still says I need to buy them (even though I don't even see them in the shop)

It's a known bug: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...es-thread.html

Third bullet point in Known Issues.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Red face Rift Storm Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    So... I managed to make three separate rift and raptr accounts that I used to ascend a friend on my main account and I did in fact get credit towards the three rewards, corgi pet, swashbuckler hat and fiery horse.

Now, I wouldn't really recommend doing this if you can recruit actual people. I only did it for testing purposes, and I also can't convince my friends to try Rift, shame really, they have no idea what they're missing.

That's a bummer that your friends don't play Rift. I just started playing it and I have really been enjoying the game. Sadly I missed the Raptr giveaway. Is there anyway that you would give me one of those accounts you used for the recruit a friend?

I would love to have storm legion. I really want to try out the new souls.

can close this topic right? The entire thingie isnt live anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post
    That's a bummer that your friends don't play Rift. I just started playing it and I have really been enjoying the game. Sadly I missed the Raptr giveaway. Is there anyway that you would give me one of those accounts you used for the recruit a friend?

I'll send you a message when I get home, you can try out one of the accounts to trial the souls, if you do enjoy them, I'd highly suggest buying them for your main account.
    Priest Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenis View Post

I'm on the same stepping, storm legion souls sound pretty cool to me :P!