View Poll Results: Would you welcome a 40 or 20 person raid group?

Voters
201. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I'd love to go back to huge raids

54 26.87%
  • No, I like the current sizes

100 49.75%
  • I would like even smaller raid sizes

38 18.91%
  • I don't raid and have no interest in changes

9 4.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No I wish they would remove 25 and 10 and just have 15/6 man. Then they can spend more time designing fights so they aren't boring as fuck then they spend tuning them. There is no need for 2 raid sizes anymore if they want to have both the same difficultly.
    A 6 person raid would have to be either seriously under tuned or just a glorified dungeon because in the traditional 10 person you have 2 tanks 2-3 healers and the rest dps. In a 6 person it would be 2-2-2 of each role. The dps would have to be higher than average. See what I'm getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    A 6 person raid would have to be either seriously under tuned or just a glorified dungeon because in the traditional 10 person you have 2 tanks 2-3 healers and the rest dps. In a 6 person it would be 2-2-2 of each role. The dps would have to be higher than average. See what I'm getting at.
    The / means 15 or 16 man....
    Aye mate

The / means 15 or 16 man....
    Ah ok.

I took it as 15 or 6. Like my title doesn't mean 40 or 420.

I could hardly manage in a 25 man raid as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok.

I took it as 15 or 6. Like my title doesn't mean 40 or 420.
    Does to my knowledge . Guess my country does it different.
    Aye mate

Merging servers would correct that and realistically many servers do need to be merged.
    Low population servers are a community driven problem, and merging would do nothing to resolve the underlying issue.
    There is nothing to stop people leaving the new server.

Organisational requirements, and the blatant bias towards larger guilds would penalise a lot of players.
    So, No.

The success of players in given content and their ability to even get there should be determined by their ability to kill the boss, not by the number of friends/guildmates that they are able to get together in a single place.

Does to my knowledge . Guess my country does it different.
    Lol so you read the title as wanting to have 420 person raids!!!

Not going to lie that would be the most epic of all beating a boss that required 420 people.

No. This would destroy what's remaining of the raiding scene, and reduce it back down to a small number of hardcore guilds.

I wouldn't even be in favour of leaving 10 mans and having 25 mans replaced with 40 mans. Because running a 25 man guild is already a nightmare.

I would, however, be okay with 40 man raids being added on top of the two current ones. Though I imagine it would be very hard to balance and very few people would even use it. So perhaps a small raid with only one or two bosses that is exclusively 40 man that can take the place of World Bosses or the old Vaults or Baradin Hold (though harder). Would be a nice test to see if the concept would work without alienating the entire playerbase in one fel swoop.

Get rid of 25, except for LFR.

Get rid of 10 all together.

Normalize all raids at 15.

personally I think the bigger the raid size, the weaker each individual character feels.

just imagine this: there's one dude, and you want to fight him. but you are so weak that you actually need 24 friends to beat this dude. how weak would you feel?

now, imagine a friend of yours beat this dude last week with only 9 friends? he's still weak, but apparently he and his friends are 2.5 times stronger than you are.

meanwhile the one dude everyone wants to beat is apparently an invincible juggernaut.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Isn't there enough trouble trying to field enough players for 25 mans? I don't think 40 man raids are viable in this day and age.

I still say they should make 6-man parties, then do 12/24 man raids.... but whatever :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Isn't there enough trouble trying to field enough players for 25 mans? I don't think 40 man raids are viable in this day and age.
    Which is why I suggested 1 bonus boss that drops legendary gear. That way everyone sees all the content and the bonus boss is an incentive for guilds to team up for a raid just like the old days.

Socializing in wow? Has the world gone mad!!!

Bringing back 40 mans and having 20s as the small raid would be a great way to insure that WoW kept bleeding subs at the pace they did this last quarter. So many reasons why it is a bad idea, low population servers couldn't support 40 mans 20s would even be a stretch for a few, many ppl computers couldn't handle the spell effects and info steaming in for 40 mans with the current effects/info in raids and the amount of ppl willing and wanting to set up and run 40 mans cannot be a very big number nor is the amount of ppl that would actually run them very high.

This might be one of the quicker ways Blizzard could kill off the game. Outside of maybe doubling the monthly subscription fee I can't think of too many other things that would have a bigger negative impact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Bringing back 40 mans and having 20s as the small raid would be a great way to insure that WoW kept bleeding subs at the pace they did this last quarter. So many reasons why it is a bad idea, low population servers couldn't support 40 mans 20s would even be a stretch for a few, many ppl computers couldn't handle the spell effects and info steaming in for 40 mans with the current effects/info in raids and the amount of ppl willing and wanting to set up and run 40 mans cannot be a very big number nor is the amount of ppl that would actually run them very high.

This might be one of the quicker ways Blizzard could kill off the game. Outside of maybe doubling the monthly subscription fee I can't think of too many other things that would have a bigger negative impact.
    Merging several low pop servers solves that problem.

As for the comp problems idk get a better rig.

Instead of an entire raid, 1 bonus boss for 40 man might work.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. IMO, smaller would be even better. 5 man raids. Challenge Mode difficulty (well, harder, because CM bosses are a damn joke). LFR quality gear. Not randomable-- have to premade with pals.

Basically, what Heroics were in BC / very early Cata (And to an extent in 4.1)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Merging several low pop servers solves that problem.

As for the comp problems idk get a better rig.

Instead of an entire raid, 1 bonus boss for 40 man might work.
    While I am a big supporter of them merging servers and think it really needs to happen, hell should have already happened. It hasn't so proposing an idea then the only way it works is if other large changes also happens shoots big holes in the original idea. Many ppl won't, can't or don't want to have to upgrade computers so they can do a raid at a newer size, do you really think ppl want 40 man raiding so bad they will dump cash into a new computer? We already have solo 40 man bosses, so you are in luck and got what you wanted, enjoy your next Oondasta run.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I really don't care about the raid sizes, what I care about is the difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    40 man raids ? sure as long as the raids supported them, and you didnt have 15-20 people doing all the work and the rest AFK / Slacking.

Would also need to have a realm merger or two to facilitate 40 man raiding as its hard enough on low pop realms to get a 25 man raid team, never mind a 40 man one.
    The best part about MC and BWL was that you could have about 10 to 15 people who were terrible. Though most of my friends I played the game with back then were pretty skilled, there were a few that weren't all that good, but we still got to raid with them because we didn't need everybody on their A game. It sucked to have to cut some from our AQ and Naxx raids to get anywhere. Granted, they still came along to our BWL raids, which was our alt run by then, so we made it work. 25 man raiding was basically the end of taking bad players with us as the mechanics were less forgiving all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    While I am a big supporter of them merging servers and think it really needs to happen, hell should have already happened. It hasn't so proposing an idea then the only way it works is if other large changes also happens shoots big holes in the original idea. Many ppl won't, can't or don't want to have to upgrade computers so they can do a raid at a newer size, do you really think ppl want 40 man raiding so bad they will dump cash into a new computer? We already have solo 40 man bosses, so you are in luck and got what you wanted, enjoy your next Oondasta run.
    Great point about the devilsaur but it's a world boss not a traditional raid boss. What I'm proposing is a 1 boss onyxia style raid with difficult trash and a boss that drops legendary items. It would be a 40 person raid only with the few unique items scoring above the current heroic level.