Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Sort of have to chuckle when people suggest using LFR as a path to gearing up.
    Why do you chuckle??? Because i thought it was a path to gearing??? I mean most of the content is just burn boss... so how is that preparing me for the actual raid encounter?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    If you don't get anything by 5.3, then that patch will surely help you out
    Problem is even if the system keeps track of your 'old coins' and such with no loot it'll blow your great chance at gear on the first boss you kill and reset there. Which is horrible if that boss drops sidegrades/downgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post

Its been 5 weeks not 1 or 2... the only thing not in the game is the 2 items from the battle and those are equaled out with the relic I bought and the neck from Nalak bag of fail...

Think I am done here... you people would argue with a stone wall if you ran into one...

Sure glad I "dont know what your talking about Jax! its for 5.3!"

/herpderp
    Looked at your post. Although while it can be hard to get to ToT lfr in 2 weeks with bad rng, you haven't been hardcore tryin to gear for 5 weeks.

1 Xin the Weaponmaster kills (Heroic Mogu'shan Palace)

4/28/2013

This is from your newsfeed which is 2 weeks ago from this post. If you had been gearing for 5 weeks, I think you'd have more than just 1 kill on a heroic dungeon boss. Even then it looks like you didn't start tryin to gear till right at the end of the week. A troll is a troll is a troll

Deleted
    I ran at that time all the raids there where (pre 5.2) for 3 weeks, i got nothing, and i every week used my 3 bonus rolls. random loot is random. But there will come some weeks where you get 3 items from 3 bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that this is so unusual for you that you had to make a post for it is a testament to how lucky you've been in all the previous weeks of LFR.

LFR is to see the content for casuals. It is not there to gear up, since loot is used to kill progression bosses then LFR loot serves no purpose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    LFR is to see the content for casuals. It is not there to gear up, since loot is used to kill progression bosses then LFR loot serves no purpose
    Ok so I hit 90 and want to apply to a raiding guild ASAP, can't do it in full blues, you HAVE to do Raid Finder and it can take weeks! I know RNG is RNG and that's why it's so fucked. Oh you hit 90 and want to start raiding, even if your skilled RNG is RNG and you simply can't app in with full blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Whats your point OP?
    I havent had an upgrade in 3 weeks

Wanna know my record? 16 weeks aiming to get a weapon upgrade in Dragin Soul. An no that is not a typo. 16 weeks. As in 4 whole months
    Hahahaha, that reminds me of my trinket situation in WOTLK. Getting so happy to get the trinket from Sartharion, only to not being able to replace until late ICC... Dragon soul was not much better either. Never saw a trinket on normal, ever. RNG, it is what it is. Still far more exciting than guaranteed loot. And it gives an incentive to keep going, especially since most of raiding, particularly in LFR is about gearing up, not playing to have fun sadly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrin View Post
    Wow this sucks. Spent hours running LFR and nalak. Grinded out my lesser charms for my 3 runes and ended up going 0-16. Just venting a bit lo. Hope others have better luck than me.
    Go into LFR not expecting to get anything, and if you still don't get anything, don't expect anything afterward. Be happy with what you currently have. I know that sounds corny and sad at the same time, but you might get lucky next time. Getting Charms isn't really a grind anymore. With Thunder dailies, you see what you're getting for the day (30 Lesser), only taking two days to grind out. They only take an hour or so to complete, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played back in BC we killed Prince not too long after release and I got the caster dagger first kill. Then I had to wait till we were 11 kills in on Illidan before another caster non healer weapon drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

It sucks to get a streak of bad luck but that's part of raiding as well and they can't remove it from the LFR aspect. I remember our tank never got the trinket off Chimaeron in BWD for the entirety of the raid tier. That's a span of months. Back when I was actually raiding 10 and 25 I'd be lucky to see a piece every 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-05-12 at 08:39 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

OP:
    I want you to buy a pair of dice. Roll them. If you roll below a 5 you get loot, if you roll above you don't. Do this over and over until you realize what RNG is.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Sort of have to chuckle when people suggest using LFR as a path to gearing up.
    hc>lfr>normal>hc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    I can easily go three weeks in a normal raid and not get loot. I actually get more gear in LFR than normal.
    This is exactly what most don't seem to get, I raided with a hardcore guild for all of wrath and upgrades when they dropped were not even a guarantee as they were usually BiS for others in raid so you could got weeks if not months without any real upgrade.

people complaining about loot is just silly. Blizzard needs to stop catering to these cry babies about not getting loot in lfr wa wa wa....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    There will a week when it will all pay off well least It's happen to me every time don't know about you haha
    How can one, with 20k posts, still write such sentences..

OP: I went two weeks of doing all LFRs (pre-ToT) with 9 coins total at my disposal and I didn't get a single item. Not even stuff I didn't want.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2013-05-12 at 09:20 AM.

ToT lfr hard to get the ilvl? what lol?
    People should start using their brain how to get the ilvl for RF-s. Pvp cap, honor gear, DMC trinkets, AH for cheap purples and for pure ilvl boost. If you have no money and 0 will to get any of the gear then quit the game cause you actually have to do something to get pieces what just won't drop into your hands. RNG is RNG, we al have a "bad" days, weeks, months. Funny how mad people get when they see someone else win something and they suck at luck. Deal with it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    And it gives an incentive to keep going, especially since most of raiding, particularly in LFR is about gearing up, not playing to have fun sadly.
    Thats how Blizz rolls.
    They dont give a rats ass in gearing people quickly they want to keep players playing. And coming back, week after week just for the chance of maybe getting something works.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Damn that sucks, this goes to show you that you don't get free epics as some people like to claim.
    that sucks, i needed shoulders as only had blues then i won some rolled a coin won same pair in same run, next week same agin won shoulders and again on coin flip s all in all in 3 weeks i had the same fucking shoulders 5 times....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Whats your point OP?
    doing content without any kind of reward for an extended period of time frustrates people and imho is responsible for at least some of the 1.3 million lost
    apparently blizzard agrees hence the "increased chance if you don't get anything in a while" coming in 5.3

the difference between not getting anything in normla heroic raids and lfr is that in normal/heroic loot still goes to people you raid with thus making sure your raid overall is improving and even then no loot at all for long periods is frustrating, it just takes longer
    in lfr loot is getting to some random stranger you never will see again, thus the "it's cool me not getting anything but him getting will help us kill the next boss/this boss faster" is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    bullshit
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-05-12 at 09:52 AM.