Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR Hero and your Ilvl

Rolled an alt on a horde server that is pretty much dead and been gearing it up with some friends. My main is 520/522 ilvl with shoulders in bags to keep 2 set and is 8/12 normal. now. Now my horde toon is 514/514 and just this week found a pug to do 3/12 normal and i didnt get any drops so that didnt change my ilvl any. Both toons are hunters tho that really dont matter much.

My horde toon got lucky and got both pieces of tier off Nalak in same week and i had helm and boots crafted other then that oondasta hasnt given me anything yet and my only item below 502 is my 489 ring from klaxxi exalted. With a 502 ring i should hit ilvl 515 and prob cap out there unless i can find a guild to raid with or some good pugs.

I was curious as to how the rest of you are doing who only run LFR and kill world bosses. Also curious as to where you are in the legendary quest chain as well. Just started collecting secrets this week and got to the quest with 2 bosses left for the week so only got 1/20 so far.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...album/advanced (alt link)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zybum/advanced (main link)

to summarize:

what is your ilvl to those without any normal TOT drops?

what step of the legendary quest chain are you on?
    Last edited by lazybum; 2013-05-15 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    510 on one alt with 15/20 secrets. 504 on another alt who is still stuck on the 6000 valor quest.

alts that is
    499 on warrior, 39 lfr boss kills 0 items, tier pants from nalak
    495 on pala, 34 lfr boss kills 1 item, tier pants from nalak

yeah fuck rng, waste of time to even continue running ToT lfr until 5.4 with that luck

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    510 on one alt with 15/20 secrets. 504 on another alt who is still stuck on the 6000 valor quest.
    yea that valor quest is a pain, 6-7 weeks to do a quest is BS if you ask me. almost wish the whole legendary quest chain was account wide

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    yea that valor quest is a pain, 6-7 weeks to do a quest is BS if you ask me. almost wish the whole legendary quest chain was account wide
    Yeah, grinding for weeks for a legendary quest chain is complete BS!

Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Yeah, grinding for weeks for a legendary quest chain is complete BS!

Wait what?
    didnt say it wasnt bad the first time but the 3rd or 4th time doing it is a pain, just finished the valor part on my 3rd toon and still collecting sigils on another. with so many things being account wide now why couldnt this quest be as well.

512 equipped. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...spark/advanced
    10~ secrets and didn't do lfr this reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    My alt is a LFR hero and currently at 512 in her disc gear. She also got lucky on Nalak with the 2 set pieces which gave her a nice ilvl push. Currently sitting at 2/12 rune stones in the legendary questline. Unfortunately, I haven't got lucky on a suitable helmet, so she can't use her meta gem yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    My alt is a LFR hero and currently at 512 in her disc gear. She also got lucky on Nalak with the 2 set pieces which gave her a nice ilvl push. Currently sitting at 2/12 rune stones in the legendary questline. Unfortunately, I haven't got lucky on a suitable helmet, so she can't use her meta gem yet.
    did manage to get a helm from lfr before i had the 522 one crafted but either way im 1/20 for secrets so prob be a few weeks before i get the meta

10+ Year Old Account
    Main: 530 in sig.
    LFR only alts: Warlock, dinged 90 early AM Thursday. Is now 475 via lfr/free epics provided by BoA/main. 6 Sigils of Wisdom @.@

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Sounds like mine. One's 514 and the other is 509. They're able to surpass 502 with all that awesome 522 VP gear and world boss drops.

The problem I'm running into now is that trade chat pugging is difficult on my high pop because there's a lot of people out there who strictly do normal mode pugs early in the week and are spamming the rest of the week to finish the lockout. So on weekends that's all I see, partial groups. It also doesn't help that a lot of these guys have right around 520 item level, so pug leaders will take the 520 guy over the 514 guy even if my main has cleared most of ToT heroic. Basically what I can take away from it is that pugging isn't totally dead yet, but it feels like world bosses where you need to get in on the action on Tuesdays, as opposed to waiting for the weekends. I think most of those characters are people's mains too instead of it being an alt thing. Maybe more dedicate to just one character now. I could see that, pugging partial ToTs throughout the week takes awhile.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-05-12 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their supposed to bring some catch up to it in a coming patch.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their supposed to bring some catch up to it in a coming patch.
    far as i know all they are doing is increasing drop rate of sigils and then cutting the 6k valor down to 3k which still is quite a long time just to get to the randomness of collecting secrets and then runestones.. hopefully they will also add something in 5.4 for those still stuck on the secrets or runestones

510 on my main. Alts stop at 500 since I figure that's gonna be the requirement for SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    510 on my main. Alts stop at 500 since I figure that's gonna be the requirement for SoO.
    Wouldn't be too sure about that. Valor gear is directly tied to the raid now, and valor upgrades gonna be so cheap in 5.3.

Deleted
    This just shows how fucked up this game has become. Thank god my subsciption ends in a few days. WTB good ol' TBC times back.

I have seen people who have killed Lei Shen but have lower ilvl. Valor point and world boss gear must be tuned down. It takes away all prestige from raiding, maybe even more than LFR because at least LFR drops lower level gear. When you see someone wearing tier gear, you can't know if he got them from Nalak or ToT unless you thoroughly analyze his armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalukki View Post
    This just shows how fucked up this game has become. Thank god my subsciption ends in a few days. WTB good ol' TBC times back.

I have seen people who have killed Lei Shen but have lower ilvl. Valor point and world boss gear must be tuned down. It takes away all prestige from raiding, maybe even more than LFR because at least LFR drops lower level gear. When you see someone wearing tier gear, you can't know if he got them from Nalak or ToT unless you thoroughly analyze his armory.
    all the 'prestige' from raiding is heroics. (And even then its really just when you killed it)
    Heroics are 535 / 541 if TF
    normals and that are 522. There's the prestige, you dont need a gap btw normal and world bosses + rep to pretend like normals are prestigious in some way.

when you see people wearing normal tier gear, its really a "Oh, loot dropped for him" not a "Woah! He clearly must be a badass raider because he could had possibly killed a normal boss"

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt say it wasnt bad the first time but the 3rd or 4th time doing it is a pain, just finished the valor part on my 3rd toon and still collecting sigils on another. with so many things being account wide now why couldnt this quest be as well.
    wow.. im shocked by this. you are doing a legendary quest chain on 4 toons almost simultaneously? you want it to be faster, but have you ever gone after another legendary on more then one toon, and it became easier/faster on alts? what on Azeroth were you thinking?

OT: my account seems to have perpetual bad luck status. ive given up running any more LFR's for them. RNG is mean, i wish some of it was reduced. LFR should be more alt friendly. its an easier mode, and if i could get somewhat geared thru it i would be more inclined to bring my other alts to it. but week in and week out of fail bags and gold is disheartening to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    My lvl90 LFR hero (Sonnillon) sits at 511 currently.

I have all the secrets, but haven't completed the quest yet as my friend has not smelted the ore and has not sent me the Steel I need to transmute. So technically once that is done, I can move onto last part of the legendary chain.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ugamesh/simple Really wish my guild wouldnt have fallen apart at start of MoP