View Poll Results: Should Titan get announced on Blizzcon?

Voters
172. This poll is closed
  • Yes

135 78.49%
  • No

37 21.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I pray for steampunk. Fantasy and sci-fi have already been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's too soon to start the hype machine, but I'm definitely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I pray for steampunk. Fantasy and sci-fi have already been done.
    Pretty sure they've hinted at SOMETHING in that directions, I recall a quote about weapons in the range of anything "from swords to guns". It's likely to be a sort of cross-over between Fantasy and Sci-Fi, at least to some degree.

Also, I do expect at least a preview during BlizzCon, though it will likely not be the main feature. I think that the focus will be on the "TBC 2.0" expansion, sort of a grand finale for the last throes of WoW's prime, before the playerbase is eased over to Titan two years from now.

Announced? They've already discussed the project. You mean to provide merely more info about the project? It's described as, "a casual MMORPG with FPS." Also... "We're not trying to make a WoW sequel." In fact, he explained that "the two titles will co-exist in the future." Blizzard will leverage the WoW film (Duncan Jones directing) for the next expansion -- great strategic move.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/20..._state_1.shtml

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/0...lizzard-title/
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-05-12 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    To be honest, I hope they do announce it and it either destroy's all previous hypothetical notions of what it could be, or completely reverses it and turns into something the majority of the Blizzard community will dread. I can just hear the umad threads now, just like when diablo 3 released..... *nostalgia*
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    yes. I mean .. atleast they should let us know what it is ... I dont want to be like TITAN TITAN TITAN ... ooow shoot its space pirates yarrrrr

10+ Year Old Account
    Should? Only Blizzard knows the answer to that one.

Deleted
    WoW=/Titan, so why shouldn't they announce a new and fresh IP at Blizzcon? Titan's release doesn't necessarily mean WoW's demise and I am pretty sure Blizzard doesn't intend to replace WoW with Titan either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    I hope they announce it together with the last expansion of WoW. In the long run I think its better if WoW gets replaced by a better blizzard MMO and when that gets stale they should reveal WoW 2.

If they keep WoW running I think it will die a miserable end and it doesn't deserve that.
    They've shown more propensity than pretty much any other developer to alter their game and playstyle (sans the whole SWG debacle) over the expansions. I don't really see why they would have to "retire" WoW and launch a WoW2. Much like Kunark and Luclin dramatically upgraded the graphics for Everquest, they could just launch the new expansion with an entirely new engine that was compatible with the same data being sent from the servers. Or an expansion could introduce the concept of like a "Prestige" quest that dramatically revamped combat or something.

Deleted
    Jay "I fucked Diablo 3 over deal with it" Wilson is on the Dev team of Titan.
    I am in no rush to see what Titan is, or how much of a total fuckup he has made of it, in fact I would sooner they take their time, and get it right or at least better than the release of D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Userlol View Post
    yes. I mean .. atleast they should let us know what it is ... I dont want to be like TITAN TITAN TITAN ... ooow shoot its space pirates yarrrrr
    Space pirates would be awesome. Who else wants a rogue galaxy 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Jay "I fucked Diablo 3 over deal with it" Wilson is on the Dev team of Titan.
    I am in no rush to see what Titan is, or how much of a total fuckup he has made of it, in fact I would sooner they take their time, and get it right or at least better than the release of D3.
    The only thing Jay Wilson is doing on the Dev team is being the Janitor to clean up the trash the actual Dev Team leaves behind.

Everybody and their grandma knows Jay Wilson fucked up D3 and Blizzard is smart enough to not put him Anywhere NEAR Titan

Blizzard needs to being back gamers faith in them. I think they need to show what they have. WoW is on a downward spiral and D3 was sketchy at best, they need to show something for us to be happy in.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    The only thing Jay Wilson is doing on the Dev team is being the Janitor to clean up the trash the actual Dev Team leaves behind.

Everybody and their grandma knows Jay Wilson fucked up D3 and Blizzard is smart enough to not put him Anywhere NEAR Titan
    They did put him on Titan, but to what extent is unknown. I'm sure Jay has some skills to do something computer wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get anything, I believe it would be a teaser trailer but they don't really need to this year. I believe they'll have a big reveal for the rest of their games so keep Titan in their back pocket for a bit. We have WoW expac, Diablo 3 xpac, SC2 xpac and probably a release date for Blizzard All Stars and Hearthstone.

Its about time the confirm the leaks.. they have been WAY too tight lipped about Titan IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Perhaps it's too soon to start the hype machine, but I'm definitely curious.
    Hype machine is already rolling on the damn thing, I'm really tired of people pointing at it as the second coming of gaming, when we know next to nothing about it. I'd love to see some real info so at least there will be meat to all the people I hear pointing at the game when an mmo fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to give a cop-out answer, but it should if it's ready, they have game design framework and goals laid out and some concept art or gameplay demos.

If they don't have at least that (although I'm pretty sure they would at this point), then they shouldn't bother.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Hype machine is already rolling on the damn thing, I'm really tired of people pointing at it as the second coming of gaming, when we know next to nothing about it. I'd love to see some real info so at least there will be meat to all the people I hear pointing at the game when an mmo fails.
    True. My fear is that I will expect too much from Titan, especially after a teaser (meat) or something of that sort. It happened massively with GW2. No matter what ANet did with endgame (I still think Orr was an epic let down), people's expectations wouldn't have been met. The hype was so high.

Blizzard is there own worst enemy at this point. The original developers of vanilla (as pointed out by GC having left the team in today's blue tweet posts, might be reading into that one) sort of hit the sweet spot of MMORPG players at the time. Question is, will Titan be able to hit today's vastly different (mostly in terms of convenience) playerbase AND the previous generation of MMORPG players? I don't think it is possible frankly.

Edit: There is the possibility that they may merge the generations of playerbases into committing more time & effort a little like Vanilla/BC in terms of adventure and sheer leveling through a new world perhaps through hype and expectations alone, but that will be a massive undertaking.
    Last edited by Thrax; 2013-05-13 at 05:17 AM.

If the game is still something like 2 years off, I'd be quite surprised to see anything this year about it, unless it's the vaguest sort of trailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    no.

It will be a new expansion, with even more heirlooms and lvl cap to 100 (omfg when will it end?!)