Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Some F2P games are actually better quality than games with subs

We all know some F2P games are terrible. But there are also some emerging F2P games that are extremely high quality.

I am looking directly at Tera Online here. The first MMO i ventured into away from WoW.

Tera is proof that F2P games are not all terrible.

The graphics are better than WoW. The gameplat is very good. It has alot of active players and the general chat is akin to that of the Barrens when WoW first came out.

And one of the best things i like about it is that playing on a Xbox control Pad is completely feasible (except for type chat ofc). I mean seriously, you can play this MMO on a control pad and it is still awesome.

Dont bash good quality F2P games until you actually try one, because not all of them are bad, and in a few exceptions, they are actually better quality than games with subs.

Yep thats right, i am most definatly saying Tera is higher quality than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera started out with subscriptions though, and went f2p in January or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is partially why people are unsubbing from sub-based. It allows the flexibility to "level up" quicker by paying, etc for people who don't have time and if done correctly can be a superior subscription system.

Neverwinter is something I recently started playing - level 8 so far - I like the game so far - and while I may not stick with it, I'm having fun - and not paying for it.

I liked playing Vindictus. Its another F2P game.

Quote Originally Posted by cowsgomoomoo123 View Post
    Yep thats right, i am most definatly saying Tera is higher quality than WoW.
    And it's free... so why doesn't Tera have WoW's subscribers playing it instead? Lmao.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    And it's free... so why doesn't Tera have WoW's subscribers playing it instead? Lmao.
    because people have invested a LOT of time into their WoW accounts. They are not just gonna drop it for a slightly better game.
    A new player just starting out, picking the game he wants to play, is more likely to pick a game other then WoW now due to the large amount of F2P games.
    Blizzard knows this, and that is why they know they are going to keep losing subs until the game dies. They even stated, in this quarter, that they believe they will have less subs by the end of the year then they do now.

I for one am playing Neverwinter atm, and it is very fun. However I will not be sticking with it. But that is only due to the fact I am waiting for another MMO, WildStar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post

I think its plain to see that it does.

WoW's lost subs = people left to play other MMO's.

15+ Year Old Account
    he general chat is akin to that of the Barrens when WoW first came out.
    That's a good thing to you?

As others have pointed out: It started as a subscription based MMO and it came out 8 years after WoW, so it's not really surprising that it looks better than WoW.

Can't argue with play style though, that's personal preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    That's a good thing to you?

Having the playerbase openly chat in general with words of encouragement and asking if anyone wants help is most definately a good thing to me.

It reminds me of when WoW used to be that way with the whole community working together and being nice to each other.

If you like how it is now where no one talks to each other and everything is single player menu driven which throws you into a group of nobodys who dont talk to each other, well then that is just matter of personal taste.

You can have it your way, ill have it mine thanks

Deleted
    TERA has no where near the active players that WoW has, its not even close. Also, TERA is a very empty game in comparison, there is not much to do when you hit max level and you just end up farming mobs like in Diablo.

WoW has so much more going for it, so many more features and things to do.

Pure conjecture. They might have grown out of gaming. They might have grown bored of MMOs period.
    I played Tera and was bored. I played SWTOR and it had interesting questing, but utilized a subpar engine
    and lacked end game. I played GW2, but the end game and several design elements failed to deliver.

Welcome to the board!

I was tempted to create the userid of "ducksgoquackquack123"

digimon masters online is pretty fun
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Wouldn't really put tera on the same level or even higher than wow, even if it did start with subs, failed and then came to f2p. Asian mmos are all puke material. Can't think of any f2p mmo that is better than the sub based mmo. Subs=quality. f2p =/=quality.

10+ Year Old Account

Haha you are so totally wrong right there.
    Those who left WoW are not joining a different game (Most of them not, some do) But they leave the MMO gender all togheter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Those who left WoW are not joining a different game (Most of them not, some do) But they leave the MMO gender all togheter.

Proof please.

Where's your proof that people who have left WoW have picked up another MMO? I want numbers... transactions... etc.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-05-12 at 11:27 AM.

I've tried Tera and very much disagree that it's high quality. It has the same clunky inputs and combat every single f2p MMO has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof please.
    It was on frontpage of MMOchampion awhile ago, Blizzard or someone else that has knowledge over it said that the sub loses didn't gain anywhere.

Old news.
    For each their own, it's just the matter of taste.

I'm having so much more fun playing Neverwinter atm compared to playing WoW, it's new and exciting compared to the daily routines WoW has become.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Old news.
    For each their own, it's just the matter of taste.

I'm having so much more fun playing Neverwinter atm compared to playing WoW, it's new and exciting compared to the daily routines WoW has become.
    Your Avatar says enough about you lol