Deleted

Looking for advice on a new laptop.

How would you rate this laptop for playing games like wow, diablo3, skyrim and arkham city, as well as some new releases this year? (like southpark game, the new batman game and assassins creed series)

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-17...on-17r-se-7720

My pc specs atm are:

AMD Athlon II x4 2.4ghz
    ATI Radeon HD 5450 1gb (i believe)
    4gb DDR3 RAM

So how do they compare, im really looking for a laptop for the extra protability, i know i could get a better pc for the same price but just isnt what im after right now.

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    in what sense is a 17" laptop portable to you?
    the cpu in that laptop is decent enough. (however for blizzard games a laptop I7 works better due to the games being quite cpu bound aswell)
    a GT650M is quite a decent gpu for a laptop blizzard games on medium/high settings and graphic heavy ones on medium would be my guess. (however don't expect flat 60 fps)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    the cpu in that laptop is decent enough. (however for blizzard games a laptop I7 works better due to the games being quite cpu bound aswell)
    a GT650M is quite a decent gpu for a laptop blizzard games on medium/high settings and graphic heavy ones on medium would be my guess. (however don't expect flat 60 fps)
    Its portable in the way i can easily carry it around with me, opposed to now where i would need to carry my tower, stack the monitor on top and then drag the mouse and keyboard behind me, not to mention always having an extension cord handy =P

Thanks for the advice it sounds good, ill look into the i7 but that might stretch my bubget a little to far, im not after top graphics on these games, just the ability to play them on a decent setting, at the moment i can only mamage wow on med with about 20fps so looks like a decent upgarde

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    An i7 doesnt give any benefit for gaming over an i5. Current games cant use the extra logical cores provided by the hyper-threading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    An i7 doesnt give any benefit for gaming over an i5. Current games cant use the extra logical cores provided by the hyper-threading.
    it's different for mobile chips due to higher clocks.
    point of HT is still valid but not the reason of getting a I7 in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    There is no mobile quad core processor without HT like desktop i5 is.

i3-32xxM = two cores + HT
    i5-33xxM = two cores + HT + turbo
    i7-35xxM = two cores + HT + turbo + TPM
    i7-38xxQM = four cores + HT + turbo + TPM
    i7-39xxXM = four cores + HT + turbo + TPM (extreme model, higher clocks than QM but not 6-core like i7 desktop extremes)

For WoW specifically i5-33M is enough with 2 cores + HT but it's not true quad core unlike i7-38QM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.