Poll: Would you still play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Just to make it a lil more clear, the following list isn't what I want or what they should do, or "Ideas", its a "What If" thread more than anything, in other words stop reading the list only and flying to the reply box to blast me,

So this last week, more threads than usual have been popping up about the past how good the game was, things they want changing etc, so lets say the following happens,

LFD Removed,
    LFR Removed,
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth,
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price)
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60%
    Attunements return
    No more CRZ
    No more cross server invites / groups
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced
    Dailies Removed
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?)
    Raids only have one difficulty setting
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market)
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced
    Manually have to visit each flight path
    No ingame markers for quests
    No EXP in battle grounds
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc)
    Heirlooms removed,
    Honor cap back to 75k
    No random BG option
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced
    Achievements completely removed

Okay they're in a random order but of the top of my head, if those changes were implemented, or should I say reverted to, be honest would you still play?

I don't think half the people who have been bitching and moaning would,

So would you?

(Poll inc)
    no no no no no on on ono no no no no no no, go and dig a ditch please.
    go away shoo shoo shoo.

you obisly have no fucking clue what would happen if all this well..happend, wow would start bleeding BIG.
    i'd rather just kill world of warcraft than let this happen.
    11:30 /care.
    Get this.

S.T.O.P M.A.K.I.N.G T.H.E.S.E T.H.R.E.A.D.S F.O.R A.R.G.U.S S.A.K.E
    Get it?!

That's all a bit much, the games evolved and I don't mind as it is.. I'd be willing to give most changes a chance but with all this, I'd be gone.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    It makes me wonder if you truly raided in Vanilla...what I remember from that time was tanks, healers and some of the dps carrying many slackers and still clearing most of the content up to Naxx. I remember raid size reduction in TBC being a shock because suddenly every raid spot mattered and you realized a third of your guild members were worthless.
    I tanked every fight up to 4 horse in vanilla and remember farming endless first resists and nature resists sets. Also used to laugh at tanks who couldn't stance dance onyxia, or the ever so fun L formation strat on nefarion to handle the Skellies infront of the throne till nef landed and then having to 2 hand tank the final %... Honestly I do miss resist gear they need to bring that stuff back an attunememts. But make the attunements account wide.

I don't however miss having to tab sunder targets that shit can go to hell

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just write what I approve and what not and Why.

LFD Removed,
    LFR Removed, Approved
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth, Approved
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) Partly. only not 60% speed but 150% would be better
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60%Not approved. It was total disaster when people had to use pedestrian ways until 40 lvl its just waste of time. Just leave it as it is. What the difference when you will get Mount on 20 or 40 ?
    Attunements return APPROVED
    No more CRZ IDK whats that (sorry )
    No more cross server invites / groups Agreed
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced Agreed
    Dailies Removed Not agreed. It is good to have the Dailies in their proper dose. Not like it is today when you do 40 daily in a day. No like it was Pre-Mop only 25 daily quests available per Day.
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?)NVM
    Raids only have one difficulty setting BIG NO. Its always good to have harder raids for more challenge and progression.
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) I always liked that idea. I loved Class quests.
    Manually have to visit each flight path I has to be discussed. I love all this open flights. But for the sake of World PvP we should manually open all Flights.
    No ingame markers for quests Doesnt have sense people would download Addons or use Websites to help themselves. So it would be waste of time.
    No EXP in battle grounds Agreed.
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) It doesnt give too much exp so leave it be.
    Heirlooms removed, No need to
    Honor cap back to 75k Intriguing
    No random BG option It means no LFBG system and if we have to visit Battlemasters then Ok.
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced NVM that
    Achievements completely removed NO Achievements are important part of Game.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

LFD Removed - I don't mind this, but it's a rather pointless move
    LFR Removed - see above
    Flying Mounts removed from Azeroth - fine with me, though there should be more paths to get from 1 zone to the next in some cases
    Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price) - absolutely not.
    No mounts for under 40, @40 60% ground mounts, at 60 100% speed. 70 for the first flying mounts at 60% - no flying mounts unless the zone is built for it, and frankly there's no reason to even allow low levels to wait till 20 for mounts as it is now.
    Attunements return - fine with me
    No more CRZ - CRZ is a good idea that needs a bit of tweaking. Due to server imbalances, this need sto stay
    No more cross server invites / groups - see above
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced - I don't care either way.
    Dailies Removed - Less content? No.
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) - I'm an advocate of end of expansion bosses being 40 man only raids. Aside from that, I'd be fine with one group size for everything. Less work for Blizzard, hopefully offset by more content (or even longer, more interesting mechanics).
    Raids only have one difficulty setting - pointless unless you're going to very carefully scale raids (first few bosses easy, next set harder, etc)
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market) - I like class quests, but having them be gold sinks is a terrible idea.
    Warlock Minion quests reintroduced - sure
    Manually have to visit each flight path - fine with me
    No ingame markers for quests - fine with me
    No EXP in battle grounds - terrible idea.
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc) - also a terrible idea
    Heirlooms removed - I don't use xp boost ones, but I don't see the point of this removal at all.
    Honor cap back to 75k - why?
    No random BG option - terrible terrible idea. I'd much rather see rated BG's revamped so that you queue solo, and it groups you based on your personal w/l record (and not this 10 vs 10 garbage)
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced - fine with me
    [Achievements completely removed - what's the point of taking these away exactly?

That's A LOT of the change that I wouldn't blame anyone if they quit even though I agree with most of the changes.

I still think CRZ should remain but flying mounts and group finders need to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    your ideas were overall pretty stupid and many steps backwards for the game. except the re-introduction of class quests for mounts and class quests for warlock demons. i do miss all the old class quests like those ones or warrior berserker stance quest etc.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I still would play because I invested too much time into for so small modifications to matter
    I don't like the removal of achievements though they are a mayor reason that bind me to the game especially the feat of strength ones.

This is how I pretty much played the game when I started playing the game. If I were still playing actively, I don't think this reversion would cause me to quit, but nor do I think that I would be entirely happy with it at first. But, people eventually adapt to changes. I've seen it happen since BC, and the game is still getting along fine. The initial shock would probably be catastrophic, but eventually people would get on with playing in ways that they found fun.

However, I stopped playing recently due to time constraint issues, so I guess my opinion is kinda irrelevant :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Achievements completely removed

Give me 1 reason why Achievements are bad?
    I actually have an achievement problem, and until this expansion I couldn't switch mains because of all the achievement points I had on my mage - which I worked SO hard to get. Even with this expansion - I still haven't and probably never will switch mains because of the stupid amount of vanity items I have also acquired on her. Lol.

They're not bad unless you hoard them like me I guess.

Anyways, about the post.

I would still play. I'll probably always play. Having played during vanilla until now, I will say though that the people who say LOLZ WoW WAS SO BETTER DURING VANILLA either have the worst memories ever.......or they are just that blinded by the past : p. It was fun because it was new, nothing more. Honestly I think the game was better during BC than vanilla, I'd probably still call that WoWs prime even though MoP is a FANTASTIC expansion - but flying mounts and dailies were in BC - think that's the only two of that list. So the changes wouldn't really bother me, plus I think adding back class quests is a great idea. I didn't mind spamming /2 for a group and actually GOING to that dungeon, it made people go out in the world more and made the world feel more alive. Having battlegroups wasn't so bad - still much faster queue than vanilla which took forever because it was just on your server. So that I'd be okay with considering battlegroups was actually a vast improvement (but also made the server community feel watered down). I think the only thing I'd have a BIG issue with is I LOVE the fact that you don't have to manually go to each flight path now. : / But overall WoW has improved with a lot of features - some of these would make the world come alive again if they readded them : ).

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Raids only have one difficulty setting - pointless unless you're going to very carefully scale raids (first few bosses easy, next set harder, etc)
    I would love for the zones themselves to be the gate. Using MSV/HoF/ToES for example. Toss 2 more bosses in ToES to even it up to 6. Then just have MSV be kind of like a 15-20% nerfed ICC, then HoF would be something like ToT, then heroic would be ToES.

That way people could pug and do MSV all they wanted with alts, mostly, HoF would be for a more organized pug or actual guild, then ToES for only the top end. I really hate the LFR/Normal/heroic all being the same zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at attunements, those things were just idiotic.

LFD removed: i think id enjoy looking for ppl in tradechat again, this change whould also allow blizz to make the heroic dungeons harder, since all grps that do them whould already have established communication with eachother while forming the group.

LFR removed: no real change for my main. as for my alt, i whould pug last teirs raid normalmode be4 i could (as i do now) pug normal tot. not very gamebreaking imo, in fact i think id preffer it from the tot lfr. The change whould however cause alot of thoer ppl to quit i believe.

Flying mounts removed form azeroth: Only difference whould be that it takes 20sec longer to each ah from the teleport spot in og. as for lvling new characters the only difference i see here is that one whould stop and enjoy the zones of hyjal/uldum/twilight highlands a little more since you whouldnt be flying over everything when you lvl there.

Flying Mounts only available in outland, northrend and panderia, for max level, however normal flight speed is back to 60% while the rich get 280% for the sake of the argument, lets call it 108k gold to get 280 (going along the yak price):
    What whould happen to the ppl that already have fast flying? we keep it or gott farm 108k gold? IT whould take about 2-3 weeks to farm 108k gold. (108k now is alot more then 1k was in vanilla or 5k was in tbc) this change whould suck tbh :P not that it whould affect me. i ca afford it, but i can see how it whould be very discouraging for most players.

Attunements return: Id love it no matter what, i think most ppl whould like it, ofc it all depends on how its implemented. say for instance that ToT whouldnt be opend until you got throu the gates? like nalak? that whould kinda suck tbh^^ but if it was gated by something like the CHampions of the thunderking Q? sure whould be great.

No more CRZ: Ive been on a dead server, it sucks! Sow hat i did was to pay the damn fee and xferd to a populated server. problem solved. this change whouldnt affect me at all. Thou imo CRZ is a good thing especially in lowlvl zones, its more fun to lvl in a world thats full of players.

No more cross server invites / groups: Whouldnt change much for me, i cant raid with my m8ts on other servers now anyway (not in the teir that matters that is). BUt i dont see what this change whould gain..

Specific Battle groups reintroduced: stopped caring about pvp long ago. When i pvpd last, we had a specific battlegroup :P

Dailies Removed: And we get back repeatable quests for rep farm like in vanilla? Sure! Im all in, then i can farm an entire day when i feel like it and not having to log in every damn day. If we get nothing new but dailys just removed then no, i actually enjoy questing.

Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?): Nah, worked in vanilla/tbc, but nowdays it whould mean alot of hassle, sure i proboboly whouldnt quit but the change whould plainly suck.

Raids only have one difficulty setting: This could be a dealbreaker if the difficulty is to easy. If the difficulty is as hc is now (or near hc raid difficulty) then id love it, but if its below current normal difficulty, id quit, for real. Tbh there need sto be at least 2 difficultys, the difference between a good and bad raider today is so enormous that one difficulty whouldnt work (unless blizz wants more raids that is seen by less then 1% of the community like naxx was in vanilla).

Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market): I see nothing bad here, whould give players an epic Qline to look forward to.

Warlock Minion quests reintroduced: They are gone?! So you just get the pets for free now? What a shame.. I doubt any1 whould dislike this change.

Manually have to visit each flight path: ID enjoy this, thou i know many other whould hate it, for me it whould give me a sence of exploring again IN some cases however a fp should br provided to reach the new zone ur gonan start questing in. (i remember getting to desolace or tanaris the first time in vanilla as alliance.. took ages :P thou it did feel like a journey...)

No ingame markers for quests: Nothign whould change here, we whould just dp Questhelper addon.. This change whould accomplish nothing :P

No EXP in battle grounds: Coudlnt care less. (and i have leveld alot of alts both long ago and recently)

No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc): Couldnt care less. (and i have leveld alot of alts both long ago and recently)

Heirlooms removed: I whouldnt mind, lvling is to fast nowdays anyway..

Honor cap back to 75k: eh? Whats the downside? its 4kcap now right?

No random BG option: ID love this change, then every1 whould be queing the new bgs and you dont have to get into fkn isle of conquest, aids valley, aids of the storm or strand of aids..

Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced: this whould be great, it whould force player to explore and actually fidn the dungeon in the world be4 they can get into it! IM all for it!

Achievements completely removed: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then i whould ahve nothing to do :< :< :< :<
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2013-05-13 at 02:56 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'd unsub if most of those "what ifs" came true.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You do understand that if you don't like these features, you don't have to use them.

Right?
    not entirely, LFD is pretty much forced upon you since you dont get the vp reward if you do it the normal way, nor can you do the instances without LFD tool after you have done them all once that day due to the daily lockout.

It is so funny that all of these threads want things to be removed from the game. Most of the things added are either QoL improvements or optional (you can still make a full group for dungeons, raids, ignore achievements, walk to every destination in the game, Not do dailies).
    I think its actually useful when people suggest adding things. Such as class quests (I am not saying its a good suggestion, but its adding/re-introducting a feature to the game, not removing something that other players use). Why are people so adamant about wanting to control how other players play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove players from the game replace them with bots and only have spectator mode
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be all for removing exp from BGs, because I like to twink. (not that I like raping face, I'm actually terrible at PvP lol. I just like having 'BiS' gear at low levels.) But Blizzard has clearly stated that they want PvP to be a viable way to level, even though it really kind of isn't.

Many of those I can agree with, or at least tolerate, but I can see the reasons why they would never happen as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    As long as Arenas are not removed, yes i would still play, but i would prefer all thoses things to stay as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'd be all for removing exp from BGs, because I like to twink. (not that I like raping face, I'm actually terrible at PvP lol. I just like having 'BiS' gear at low levels.) But Blizzard has clearly stated that they want PvP to be a viable way to level, even though it really kind of isn't.

Many of those I can agree with, or at least tolerate, but I can see the reasons why they would never happen as well.
    Do you know that if you want to twink, you can simply freeze your xp ?

I'd be ok with some of these but not all:

LFD Removed - would be ok with removing max level LFD but not leveling
    LFR Removed - would like that
    Attunements return - only if they were guild/raid group based, too annoying to attune new people to BT etc
    No more CRZ - fine
    No more cross server invites / groups - fine
    Specific Battle groups reintroduced - fine
    Dailies Removed - I like them for vanity items but not essential rep/items
    Raids only available in either ten or twenty five man sizes (15, 40 as well?) - yes as long as there were a lot of 25M
    Raids only have one difficulty setting - if it was hard yes, easy no
    Class quests are re introduced for class mounts, (but are prices match todays market)
    No ingame markers for quests
    No EXP in battle grounds
    No EXP for nodes (Mining Herb etc)
    No random BG option
    Keys to raids / dungeons reintroduced

The rest I wouldn't like at all