10+ Year Old Account

Rogue spec question

Starting on my rogue its at lvl 30 and I was wondering. Combat is more in yo face with swords and stuff toe to toe etc. But whats the main difference between sub and assas. What would make me choose one over the other or neither? Arnt they both just daggers and fast stabbing?
    Semper Fi

I would not make you choose one over the other.. They are all "fun" to play, I think you just have 2 try yourself, and see what you like. I lvl'ed up from 1 - 80 in combat.
    But again.. you have 2 see for yourself what you think will be best/fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terning View Post
    I would not make you choose one over the other.. They are all "fun" to play, I think you just have 2 try yourself, and see what you like. I lvl'ed up from 1 - 80 in combat.
    But again.. you have 2 see for yourself what you think will be best/fun.
    No no I dont want anyone to choose I just wanna know the main differences between the 2 dagger specs so that I can choose.
    Semper Fi

Sub is about strong burst damage, assas - strong sustained nature damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    assassination is more about poisoning your enemy, you do a lot of poison damage, sub is more stealthy sneaking and bigger damage on the openers and finishers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thematically, Kipling's right on the nose.

In play, spec differences have a decent amount different about them stylistically and by quality, from solo play to PvE (5/10/25) to PvP. If you're interested in a particular section, you'll have to let us know.

(A lot of us would prefer more differences between the specs, but that's a conversation for a different thread - and exists in other threads already)