Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    World of Gatecraft

Forcing people to login EVERYDAY for 2 hours dailies + 1 scenario + 1 5man heroic is really a bad idea.

It should just let people get as many as Valor Points. 50% reduce rate after 1000 points.
    After people "invested" hundreds of hours in the first 2 months, they will NOT quit even they have nothing to do.
    Because they cannot back out.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-05-12 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Delete LFR and CRZ, then im happy.
    Yup. Let's finish killing every low-medium population server in the game.

Deleted
    While I disagree with the OP, the suggestions are super weak. I guess that just means he loves almost every aspect of the game if those are his top picks. Good for him.

I on the other hand.. the #1 spot would be taken by CRZ. Really - f***ing get rid of that s***fest already (It's at the point where my lv. 60+ characters are ganked by a level 90 player every 10-15 minutes, always from another server.)

If I could change two other things, I would revert to justice/valor system to the badge system. I simply liked it better (You could get the top tier badges even if you played casually, but you had to raid if you wanted to rack up the big amounts.)

Third thing I would do, would be reverting the pvp gearing system to the s3-8 version (Ladder climbing, incentive to reach the next level)

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Delete LFR and CRZ, then im happy.
    Then i hope you will never be happy again (at least with WoW)

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I on the other hand.. the #1 spot would be taken by CRZ. Really - f***ing get rid of that s***fest already (It's at the point where my lv. 60+ characters are ganked by a level 90 player every 10-15 minutes, always from another server.)
    NO to remove CRZ
    YES to prevent gankers killing people.

Blizzard should change CRZ so that you can only meet people that are within your level range in the zone.
    For example: Northern Stranglethorn (25-30 Zone)
    When you are Level 25 and you enter the zone, you only meet people between 25-30 in CRZ. When you are lower than 24 or higher than 31, you can find every level range in the zone, except 25-30. So simply said people that quest in the zone are protected from being ganked.

This does not prevent CRZ, but at least make the fight fairer. So if you are 27 and are killed by an enemy player with level 29 than is this pvp. When you are 27 and are killed by 90 than this is simply slaughter.

About groups: if you group with another one within the level range of the zone you stay in the protected zone. If you are 27 and group with a 90 you get switched out of the protected zone and can also be killed by a level 90 ganker.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2013-05-13 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    #1 I think the talent system is one of the best changes in MoP.

#2 I 100% agree with.

In 5.2 the Valor gear is much easier to obtain (1 wing of ToT = 5 bits of Valor Gear in 5.3).

But if I was honest I don't even really see that point of that.

Valor gear is gated behind Valor that is enough imo.

I am 100% glad that #3 is gone though and I hope it never EVER returns and as long as they don't do #2 again I don't think it matters.

Deleted
    This expansion has been out nearly 8 months and people are still crying about dailies and rep tabards.. Jesus, if you did one factions set of dailies, once a week - you'd be pretty much exalted on all factions by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm confused, your title implies a single change but you have three listed. Which of these three is the ONLY thing you'd change?
    Yeah I messed up the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    This expansion has been out nearly 8 months and people are still crying about dailies and rep tabards.. Jesus, if you did one factions set of dailies, once a week - you'd be pretty much exalted on all factions by now!
    I actually did the dailies. My point was being that I don't think they should have removed the option to do them via dungeons. Sure, make it faster to get rep via dailies.
    Make the cap equal for both (1500 rep a day for a certain rep via dailies) but make dungeon route take much longer (maybe 1-3 rep per kill?)

If someone wants to time sink 3 hours a day of rep farming into dungeons rather than half an hour of dailies, why stop them?

#1 I slightly agree with. I have a really hard time levelling because I don't feel like I make any real progress on my character except once every 15 levels (which gets to be quite a bit of time investment later on), and in many cases the talents really aren't that amazing, even if they're useful end-game. However once at end-game, the current talent system is the best so far without a doubt.

#2 and #3 I agree with. I wanted so bad to get into raiding in t15 since I didn't play much during t14. Well, that won't happen, I had to get my toon geared in heroics, then dailies galore, then LFR (even though they swear up and down that I don't need to do LFR "if I want to raid normal mode", even though most groups require high ilvls), then more dailies, then more dailies, then more dailies. new patch, more dailies. I just quit PvE and just PvP now because, even though the grind to get started sucks horribly, RBG's are a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Yup. Let's finish killing every low-medium population server in the game.
    They can remove all LFD/LFR things and even CRZ if they merge all servers, then everything will be at FULL =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It's a very LONG legendary chain, if people had to do it in normal then there are tons of people who will NEVER get it.
    This will be a big thing to in next expansion, so be glad if u can progress further.

And i do think LFR needs to be nerfed in ilvl gear.
    but then again LFR is a reason why tons of pple stopped raiding, they saw the content, and gear nowadays dont mean a thing.
    Legendary items should not be items that everyone can get though. Especially not the masses and masses of casuals running LFR every week. Legendary was supposed to promote prestige, even when they were rare raid drops. There was a reason they put legendary items on the final bosses of the tiers they were associated with.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 is the only one I agree with.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by tawreyy View Post
    1) Talent System
    2) Valor Items gated behind Dailies (and the garbage that was ilvl 450 JP Gear.)
    3) Bring back Reputation via Tabards
    1)I kind of agree that while the talents are "easier" to get into before (there's less researching the appropriate cookie-cutter), there's a big hole for leveling in terms of feeling like you're "getting stuff" every level. There needs to be more progression-oriented mechanics.

2)They moved away from this model already. Current VP rewards are gated behind rep that can only be earned by killing bosses in ToT. I don't think they'll go back to a solid "Dailies = VP Gear" setup, but who knows.

3)Rep via tabards is kind of silly. There's a mechanic that lets you flag a rep and get bonus rep from your first daily-dungeon of the day.

Additionally:
    They've added (and are continuing to add) more ways to get coins for bonus rolls. (Via killing rare-spawns, pet battles, etc.) and lowered the required lesser charms to get the elder charms(etc.)

PVP gear isn't penalized for PVP stats (weapons aside) like it was in cata. You can cut JP->Honor and gear your alts up that way (which sucks for JP, but is effective enough) or just buy the updated crafted PVP gear.

I think it's unhealthy to have a game where you can easily keep 6/11 classes raid ready on one account. While I'm not saying we "shouldn't ever have raid-ready-alts" there needs to be some time and effort into getting (and keeping) alts up to par. boosting an Ilvl, and farming the same 3 dungons all weekend was probably too easy.

I agree that there should've been a good base of VP gear that was not bound to rep. If each faction had one item at honored/revered/whatever, then you could still buy half your set should you decide to just farm dungeons.

Illusion of choice is bad. Hense the old talent system was replaced.

Current talent trees give actual choice that can dramatically change the gameplay of a character. If anything they are now more important then Spec, especially for Hunters and Rogues.

Heck, current gear doesn't really have much choice either. You stack primary stats after being hit capped, 9/10. Very few classes have a legit choice between haste/crit/mastery - one is usually vastly superior to the others, so you stack that too. Its an illusion of choice, and only very niche situations call for any real customisation.