Unholy on Primordius

Whats the secret here, i can barely push 130k dps on 25 man heroic, is there a secret to gain more dps? or is unholy totally worthless on this fight?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently; there's a pet bug with Primo so that you're summoned pets ~65% less damage.

Source: http://overtureguild.com/forum/m/707...-on-primordius
    I haven't tried the fight so that's just what I'm assuming. Try comparing some logs.
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 2013-05-12 at 07:46 PM.

that fight can cause some problems, the stat buffs are totally random, and there is the chance you may have picked up some negative stacks. there could also be some other issues, like i have no clue what your gear is and how your stat organization is set up. with a good weapon, pets up, lots of stat and haste buffs i can see unholy fly though the roofs.

being a huge add related fight also try specing into the blood boil talent and tag one blood with outbreak and spread the dots.

Get transformed, try to put up super diseases on the boss, and extend those diseases for the rest of the fight. With this method, I was able to pull over 180k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Apparently; there's a pet bug with Primo so that you're summoned pets ~65% less damage.
    yeah, that has to be it, hope they fix it!

Sounds about right, the 2pc minions do so little damage now :\

I switch to Frost for this fight either way, a bit easier to manage.

This is one of the worst fights to parse on in this tier. Buffs are totally random and can vastly differ your dps (ie. getting 5% stat increase/mastery/crit over something like tons of haste stacks). Also, depending on how your raid group deals with the living fluids, I have scumbags in my raid where they steal the buffs I am working on, so a good majority of the time my uptime on the mutated buff is low which again will affect dps etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bietr View Post
    that fight can cause some problems, the stat buffs are totally random, and there is the chance you may have picked up some negative stacks. there could also be some other issues, like i have no clue what your gear is and how your stat organization is set up. with a good weapon, pets up, lots of stat and haste buffs i can see unholy fly though the roofs.

being a huge add related fight also try specing into the blood boil talent and tag one blood with outbreak and spread the dots.
    1. If the OP is on Heroic Primordius, I'm fairly certain they have a handle on gemming and reforging

2. What would the point of using Roiling Blood be exactly? Blood boiling adds in range risks exploding them under the boss and is nothing more than cheesing dps off some adds. When the adds spawn they are too far from one another to be reached with pestilence or blood boil, so again, a poor talent for this fight. Unholy Blight is probably the best talent for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    1. If the OP is on Heroic Primordius, I'm fairly certain they have a handle on gemming and reforging

2. What would the point of using Roiling Blood be exactly? Blood boiling adds in range risks exploding them under the boss and is nothing more than cheesing dps off some adds. When the adds spawn they are too far from one another to be reached with pestilence or blood boil, so again, a poor talent for this fight. Unholy Blight is probably the best talent for this fight.
    Cheesing dps off adds? I'm afraid you're wrong here, killing adds = more transformations for the whole raid. Spec into roiling blood, get transformed and multi-dot the adds, it's not cheesing when you're helping the rest of the raid get their mutations. Dotting those adds as an unholy dk is your priority, getting the rest of your group their transformations and having everyone able to keep it up is a huge part of the fight. The adds won't put purple pools right under the boss because once they get within a few yards they absorb into him, so it's nearly impossible to put pools down right under the boss, and if your group can't see a big ass purple pool under the boss, you wouldn't have made it as far as you have. Good luck :P

Quote Originally Posted by Facefisted View Post
    Cheesing dps off adds? I'm afraid you're wrong here, killing adds = more transformations for the whole raid.
    Depends on the strategy. Ours has no adds dying within 20 yards of the boss - any add dps near the boss is completely wasted. If you're doing the circle/kite strat sure, go ahead.

My ilvl is 530, my dps is decent on all the other fights, its on primordius it starts to suck, i aim to get full mutated as fast as possible, then nuke boss, and try to get dispelled if i get to many bad debuffs, dont think roiling blood is gonna be good on it, since there is almost always no add in range of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Facefisted View Post
    Cheesing dps off adds? I'm afraid you're wrong here, killing adds = more transformations for the whole raid. Spec into roiling blood, get transformed and multi-dot the adds, it's not cheesing when you're helping the rest of the raid get their mutations. Dotting those adds as an unholy dk is your priority, getting the rest of your group their transformations and having everyone able to keep it up is a huge part of the fight. The adds won't put purple pools right under the boss because once they get within a few yards they absorb into him, so it's nearly impossible to put pools down right under the boss, and if your group can't see a big ass purple pool under the boss, you wouldn't have made it as far as you have. Good luck :P
    Warlocks, Shadow priests and boomkins are all better turrets for adds on this fight than a DK. When we did Heroic we had adds coming into melee at 5% and bursting on the ground right under melee on some attempts. Also I never said shit about purple pools, I was mostly getting at the red pools as they can be hard to see in the melee clump.

My point still stands. Blood Boil is only effective once the adds are close to the boss. If you have multi-dot classes that can easily stay in range of healers and take out oozes, what's the point other than cheesing some dps?

Roiling Blood/Blood Boil is pretty pointless. The adds aren't nearly close enough together to spread, and even then, you're more important on the boss. Even if you're put onto the Horrors, the adds still shouldn't really be grouped up enough to make it worthwhile. Like mentioned, the caster classes are better suited to mop up all the adds.

But that's really besides the OP's point, there exists a bug right now for summoned pets, and that's what's messing with your DPS. Gargoyle does nothing, 2pc does nothing, Army does nothing.