Deleted

Weakauras - raidgroup check

Hello!
    Is there a way to check, if you are in a specific raidgroup. I want to create auras, which are only shown, when you are in a specific raidgroup.
    Or is there maybe some coding expert, who could code me a nice custom trigger?

Greets

Describe "specific".

Do you mean, containing specific members, or on a specific difficulty, or in a specific instance..?

Deleted
    Whe are working on Ji-Kun HC, so I want to make a simple textaura for the nest order for each group. And to keep it simple for my raid colleagues, I want to make 1 group with 5 different textauras for each group.

E.g. You are in group 2, only the text for group 2 is shown, but not for 1, 3, 4 and 5. Next time you are e.g. in group 4 and it shows you the text for group 4.

Sorry for my bad english :P

I have something similar running for our guild, but it would require all of the guild to use Weakauras. It is not perfect, but it was good enough for our kill.

Problems: It will lie to you if you die and are rezzed. Combat detection is crude, I might fix it sometime. Also, it will fire false-positives on the pull, because it is still set from the previous wipe. Both of these can be fixed fairly quickly, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. (Too lazy.)

What it does:

We have our platforms marked Square > Cross > Star > Triangle > Diamond, and each marked area has two nests, an "up" and a "down". I have 10 seperate weakauras in a group that give 30-second timers for when each nest is due to activate. If you can give me a detailed list of your assignments and nest counts, I can possibly help you out.

Deleted
    1 = Grp 1 (Yellow Star)
    2 = Grp 2 (Blue Square)
    3 = Grp 3 (Green Triangle)
    4 = Grp 4 (Pink Diamond)
    5 = Grp 5 (Red Cross)

01) 1 down
    02) 2 down
    03) 3 down
    04) 4 down + 1 up
    05) 5 down + 2 up
    06) 3 up
    07) 1down + 4 up
    08) 2 down + 5 up
    09) 3 down
    10) 4 down + 1 up
    11) 5 down + 2 up
    12) 1 down + 3 up
    13) 2 down + 4 up
    14) 3 down + 5 up + 1 up
    15) 4 down + 2 up
    16) 5 down + 1 down + 3 up
    17) 2 down + 4 up
    18) 3 down + 5 up + 1 up
    19) 4 down + 1 down + 2 up

Thanks a lot in advance

Ok. Going to try to fix the problems with wipe detection before I get to work on this. I'll try to get a post up by tomorrow.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 01:34 AM ----------

So it looks like your assignments are identical to ours, just the platform colours change. So I'm going to just throw OUR auras up and let you do what you please with them. I haven't tested the wipe detection "properly" yet. We kill Ji-kun on Tuesday this week so I'll test it then.

So to be clear, We do..
    1= Square
    2 = Cross
    3 = Star
    4 = Triangle
    5 = Diamond

So you can either A, rename and recolour these bars to match YOUR setup, or B, change the marks you use to match ours. Hope it helps!

http://pastebin.com/vynbmpvH

I made a 3-group WA for Jikun, using the spreadsheet here as a reference for the marks. It tells each group exactly where to go.

The way it works is, using custom triggers to detect which group you are in (1/2/3) and present only the correct nest directions for your group. For the nest guardian tank, it looks in group 4 and shows it to anyone with the Maintank role (the shield, in raidframes). The full export is here: http://pastebin.com/qwnK5mN0

Here is the trigger code to make the WA only show for a specific group (make a similar untrigger, with reversed conditions):
    Code:
    function ()
        for i=1,GetNumGroupMembers() do
            if UnitIsUnit("raid"..i,"player") then 
                local name, _, subgroup = GetRaidRosterInfo(i)
                if subgroup == 1 then return true end
            end
        end
        return false
    end
    Here is the trigger code to make the WA only show for a specific role, i.e. Tank (make a similar untrigger, with reversed conditions):
    Code:
    function ()
        for i=1,GetNumGroupMembers() do
            if UnitIsUnit("raid"..i,"player") then 
                local name, _, subgroup, _, _, _, _, _, _, role = GetRaidRosterInfo(i)
                if subgroup == 4 and role == "MAINTANK" then return true end
            end
        end
        return false
    end

Deleted
    @Dryn
    Thank you for your efforts, but I could not import the string, you've posted.

@Vaxum
    This looks good. I will have a look at it, when I'm back from work. Thank you