Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP storytelling is by far the best we have seen so far in WoW, so that would be very stupid.
    But I don't think that's the case since on launch subs went up, and only recently they started going down again.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Maybe. But seriously, pandas is a race - leave the game because they added another race option? bu-bye!
    Except pandas are not just a race, they are the entire concept of the expansion.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Except pandas are not just a race, they are the entire concept of the expansion.
    no they're not, the horde vs alliance storyline is.

Gnomes with pink hair tanking dragons with a shield and a sword = no problem! Walking, talking cows where the females have hips and breasts? Makes sense! But PANDAS?? Oh noes!

The players being put off by this amazing expansion because they cannot look beyond the "childish" theme, must be blind or just looking for an excuse to quit overall, because lord knows this game has had A LOT of childish elements to it from the start...

Yes pandas are the reason people are quitting! This game is about ferocious dragons and warriors not cute cuddly bears! Now if you don't mind imma get back to being a kitty mew mew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Lmao @ the people still butthurt about Pandaren. I came back after a year and a half only because of the Pandaren and the ability to play a Brewmaster Monk. In fact most of my friends came back only after the addition of Pandaren. I find it hilarious how people can create fallacies to help support their own bias. Pandaren had nothing to do with sub loss so get over it already and enjoy the part of the game you like. I'll just be sitting over here laughing at all the dumb Worgen running around chasing their tails

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Gnomes with pink hair tanking dragons with a shield and a sword = no problem! Walking, talking cows where the females have hips and breasts? Makes sense! But PANDAS?? Oh noes!

The players being put off by this amazing expansion because they cannot look beyond the "childish" theme, must be blind or just looking for an excuse to quit overall, because lord knows this game has had A LOT of childish elements to it from the start...
    Best post ever regarding this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    no they're not, the horde vs alliance storyline is.
    My bad, I didn't buy MoP so I don't know. But aren't all raids so far in Pandaria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    My bad, I didn't buy MoP so I don't know. But aren't all raids so far in Pandaria?
    mogu'shan vaults = titan structure with a powerful engine capable of creating an infinite army of mogu. no pandaren involvement
    heart of fear = seat of the klaxxi empress, corrupted by the sha of fear. no pandaren involvement
    terrace of endless spring = again, terrace created by the titans, the waters have magical, life-manipulating properties. being corrupted as well by the sha.

these 3 raids are an introduction to both the sha/old god theme, leading to garrosh trying to use their power for the horde against the alliance, and the mogu theme, which fits very well in the existing titan storyline.

throne of thunder = seat of lei shen, who appears to be the person that delved deeper into titan power. we learn about ra'den and how the titan construct's blood was used by the mogu in an attempt to continue the titan's misson on azeroth (what they thought it to be, at least). again, apart from the shado-pan that are involved on the isle of thunder and not in the raid, no direct focus on the pandaren.

next raid is the siege of orgrimmar. so, basically, this expansion is based so far on the connection between the mogu, the titans and the consequences of the death of an old god (with the creation of the sha), plus the horde vs alliance theme. the pandaren's backstory was spot on only during the leveling process.
    Last edited by mmoca014cf7a55; 2013-05-13 at 11:50 AM.

I love the aesthetic of Pandaria, but the Pandaren really took me out of the Warcraft universe. Thankfully, I rarely see anyone play them anymore.

Deleted
    I left 3 months before MoP mainly because i didnt like the look of MoP. I wasnt sold on the cartoon panda style which looked to me that it was being marketed more towards young children. Ofc after all of the promises from Blizzard Cata was a bit of a let down too so all Blizzards promises of epicness for MoP fell on deaf ears from me im afraid....

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    <snip>
    I see, interesting! Been too lazy to keep in the loop of the new raids, so thanks for the summary

I personally didn't quit because of pandas. I quit because I don't have time to raid anymore. But yeah, quitting because of a new race does seem silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have never fancied myself as being better than the creator of a fantasy world in dictating what races or cultures shouldn't be in Their fantasy world, I can't say that the choice to include the Pandaren did anything one way or another.

It is the first non-traditional race in the game with some actual thought put into their culture and heritage. Far, Far more than the Spacegoats which, for some strange reason, still exist in the game today even though they are practically a non-race option.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Pandaria and panda's did not make me quit WoW after 4 years. WoW's sub model being an outdated model made me quit WoW for a game that gives me the same options for free.

Deleted
    Id like pandaren if they werent fat, stupid alcoholics. they could have made them so much cooler imo
    but I dont think a lot of people were turned off by them so much that they quit

this is cool: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...cream-full.jpg
    this is not: http://nandurion.de/wp-content/uploa...t-Pandaren.jpg

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Asian market is booming with MMORPGs, I'll go with that reason, rather than pandas being the main issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    pink
    pigtailed
    gnomes.

bird-people

cow-people

goat-people

bear-people

walrus-people

"fabulous" male blood elves

murlocs

Yeah ... how are these things all not as, or more (pink pigtailed gnomes), childish than pandaren ?

Serious question. I see people saying Pandaren are childish who have no problem with the above.
    People got used to those races when they were younger so it didn't seen as childish. Now they are older it doesn't surprise them a lot because they have known them all along. Bringing in a new similar race now they are older doesn't have the same effect, instead they think its childish even though its not really dissimilar from current races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No, for the simple fact that the subs went up when the expansion come out. And the Pandaren were only the focus on 5.0.
    Subs tend to go up when new stuff first comes out, because people want to check it out.

Then they realized that pandas and their fanboys are ridiculous and their lore full of air.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Id like pandaren if they werent fat, stupid alcoholics. they could have made them so much cooler imo
    but I dont think a lot of people were turned off by them so much that they quit

this is cool: http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...cream-full.jpg
    this is not: http://nandurion.de/wp-content/uploa...t-Pandaren.jpg
    yeah because some random art compared to actual game representation is totally representative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    pink
    pigtailed
    gnomes.

bird-people

cow-people

goat-people

bear-people

walrus-people

"fabulous" male blood elves

murlocs

Yeah ... how are these things all not as, or more (pink pigtailed gnomes), childish than pandaren ?

Serious question. I see people saying Pandaren are childish who have no problem with the above.
    It was discussed back when Pandas were announced that all of the existing weird races in Wow have roots in traditional fantasy RPG, myth and Legend or gaming anyway.

gnomes - gnomes r all over fantasy fiction

bird-people - Valkyries, Griffons,

cow-people - Minotaurs

goat-people - The Devil, Baphomet, Witchcraft

bear-people - Norse myth and Legend

walrus-people - hmmm u got me! lol

"fabulous" male blood elves - Elves r all over fantasy fitctional, Tolkein anyone?

murlocs - u got me again! but fish hybrids r everywhere in fantasy gaming

Pandas are not anywhere in Western fantasy myth and legend although they are considered very lucking in China.

Basically, its not the introduction of a weird race into Wow that bothered people it was the lack of any traditional recognition of this particular race. The only comparison we can all make of Pandas is from Kung Fu Panda... not a good start for Blizzard lol