Demo Stats for H Iron Qon

What stat would you guys recommend to stack for this fight? I was thinking heavy mastery build to help with the phase when all 3 quillens are out. I am running Volatile/Wushoolay as my trinkets at a 521 ilvl. I know demo is ahead on this fight but without lei-shen trinket should I just stick with afflic or go with the mastery demo build? Any tips are greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemo View Post
    What stat would you guys recommend to stack for this fight? I was thinking heavy mastery build to help with the phase when all 3 quillens are out. I am running Volatile/Wushoolay as my trinkets at a 521 ilvl. I know demo is ahead on this fight but without lei-shen trinket should I just stick with afflic or go with the mastery demo build? Any tips are greatly appreciated
    I would go with affliction; Demo doesn't really start to shine without the Lei Shen trinket. Also your stats if you choose to go demo will depend on whether you have the legendary meta gem or not.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but was not 100% sure. I currently do not have the meta gem.

If you don't have UVLS or the Meta, you should be Destro without question. Those two things are what make Aff and Demo as good as Destro (If not slightly better). Without them, there's zero reason not to play Destro on nearly every fight in ToT. This is coming from someone who adamantly plays Demonology for every encounter, and even I would swap for Heroic progression if I didn't have the gear I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    If you don't have UVLS or the Meta, you should be Destro without question. Those two things are what make Aff and Demo as good as Destro (If not slightly better). Without them, there's zero reason not to play Destro on nearly every fight in ToT. This is coming from someone who adamantly plays Demonology for every encounter, and even I would swap for Heroic progression if I didn't have the gear I have.
    It's quite a change that I'm still getting used to from 5.1 where it was Aff for everything and people asked me why I wasn't Aff. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It's quite a change that I'm still getting used to from 5.1 where it was Aff for everything and people asked me why I wasn't Aff. :P
    I was Demo for all of T14, and I had the same issue. People bugged me about not being Aff constantly even though I was doing 99th percentile as Demo on every fight. Now everyone is Demo, and I have an extra 4 months of practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically, the differences between the specs are minor for this patch. Single target aff/demo edge out over destro with higher gear levels but there is also alot of RNG to those specs as well as managing trinket procs correctly which according to your playstyle might not be so easy. Blizzard has done an amazing job of balancing the specs as each seems to shine for at least one if not more encounters in ToT. However with your current gear levels the 3 specs should be roughly on par for single target and I would highly recomend sticking to the spec that you play best/are most comfortable with for Iron Quon.

As for Demo in T14, I was under the impression that it was still fairly strong, if not quite as strong as affliction and that the sims had yet to implement shadowflame stacking/weaving.
    Last edited by Malvanis; 2013-05-14 at 05:50 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemo View Post
    If this is 10man then it shouldn't matter what spec you play.

I played Demo for our first 25man heroic kill. I didn't have the UVLS or Meta at the time. Just ensure that you go into the last phase with a generous amount of fury, both HoG charges and additional cooldowns available.