Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, you said that DKs had a similar resource to Warriors which is nosense. their main resource is Runes. Runic power is what the Runes generate. Like how mana produces Holy power, or how Energy produces Chi. Runic power is a secondary resource.

You never heard of Shadow Priests?

There's nothing "astute" about it. It's a dumb comparison made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Remind me of when and where I said that DHs couldn't mechanically exist in WoW.

Geblin Mekkatorque.
    Ok, had forgotten Geblin. Point to you. Now, name me one who is neutral or on the Horde. Balance, as you put it.

As far as Shadow Priests, yes, they use DoTs. They were NOT that DoT intensive in BC (trust me, I played one), most certainly not as intensive as an Affliction Warlock.

Regarding Runic Power not being like Rage? It acts very similar to rage. Builds up after certain abilities are used (Rune base Abilities as opposed to Rage Generating Abilities), and back in Wrath, actually did grow when taking damage and dealing damage slightly, much like Rage always has. You can disregard that as you will. And once again I will point out I said it was a resource, not that it was their main resource, which you keep focusing on. Just because it's not their main mechanic doesn't mean they don't have a mechanic.

As far as Death Coil: Originally a Warlock spell, which has since been changed. Spell with the same name was given to Death Knights, which they still have with that name. Proof they can have to classes with an ability named the same thing, and have them act differently. Also, sharing names for stuff like that has been around since Vanilla and never been changed. Think about specs: We have two classes with a Protection Spec (Warrior and Paladin), two with a Restoration Spec (Shamans and Druids) and two with a Holy Spec (Paladins and Priests). What's to stop them from adding a class with a spec named the same as another's?

Honestly.... I'm surprised we haven't seen a copyright or patent or something from Blizzard with the name of the next expansion yet.... Gettin' kinda... itchy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

It's possible it doesn't even have a name yet.

Names usually come at the end. They'll have code names and working titles, but it's all finalized way later in the project after a good chunk of development is solid. Otherwise they could end up screwing themselves over if they had a sudden shift in design or were naming it after a specific character/place that wasn't relevant to the story any more.

That class looks like it could really be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    His point is actually spot-on, it shows how important Blizzard regards icons.
    I actually do agree with him that icons are of low priority, I just disagree with the example he gave. Sure, it shows that icons are of low priority, but it also shows that icons are made very early on. Also, don't forget that the form is called "Travel Form" not "Stag Form", and Blizzard may have had plans to implent a proper travel form during many points.

We don't know exactly when they decide to make icons, but evidence suggests it takes priority pretty early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Honestly.... I'm surprised we haven't seen a copyright or patent or something from Blizzard with the name of the next expansion yet.... Gettin' kinda... itchy...
    Looking at history, it's too early for them to do that. We should probably expect a patent around June, I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Imo they should just stop making any new classes or a 4th spec until they can balance what they already have
    That will never happen until A) every class has the same abilities just maybe with cosmetic differences and b) gearing and stats are taken out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! They're never going to remove Metamorphosis from Warlocks. They have had the ability since WotLK. Also Blizzard's goal is to make Warlocks more popular. Introducing a Demon Hunter class and butchering the Warlock class in the process would retard that goal.
    Finally someone who admits that

10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't need more classes, soon all classes will be similar. Like they already are anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post

Looking at history, it's too early for them to do that. We should probably expect a patent around June, I think.
    May 15th, so 15 days to June...

Once we have a clue of what the expansion name is we can guess at the content.

If it has anything to do with the Legion then I expect a hero Class, and ten levels.
    If it is another filler arc like MOP than anything is possible.

Possible filler arcs, The Emerald Dream, South Seas, ect...
    Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...

Also to make it clear if it is anything to do with the South Seas than it will be a Goblin heavy expansion, and Tinker would be a 'New Class'. If it is anything to do with the Legion and the Return of Illidan than we will have Demon Hunters and a complete redesign of all classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think what I'm more curious about is the fact that everyone appears to have 4 specs.
    which is the main reason its most likely fake
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

This thread reminds me of when people were speculating about MoP and how Pandaren would NEVER be a race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    May 15th, so 15 days to June...

Once we have a clue of what the expansion name is we can guess at the content.

If it has anything to do with the Legion then I expect a hero Class, and ten levels.
    If it is another filler arc like MOP than anything is possible.

Possible filler arcs, The Emerald Dream, South Seas, ect...
    Possible End Story The Invasion of the Legion, Something Sargeras, Argus, Titans, ect...

Also to make it clear if it is anything to do with the South Seas than it will be a Goblin heavy expansion, and Tinker would be a 'New Class'. If it is anything to do with the Legion and the Return of Illidan than we will have Demon Hunters and a complete redesign of all classes.
    I hope it's not a title like Cataclysm, that didn't really tell us much like Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. :P

They clearly don't care about balancing over new content and exciting updates otherwise we would never have gotten Dks and monks. They'll add new unbalanced shit all the time and play with balanced classes and break the current designs ecosystem all day every day for the rest of the time WoW is running to make it more exciting. They'll never just "stop and balance what they have" that is for the time between huge changes. WoW will never be balanced. I don't know why people expect it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I hope it's not a title like Cataclysm, that didn't really tell us much like Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. :P
    yah if it is a vague name then we have to wait for blizcon like everyone else before the questions can be settled. Trust me i was sad when it was MOP, but that is what they did, and frankly it was the worst expansion yet. And my opinion is backed up by the numbers leaving.

If anyone hasn't noticed this yet, but all talents as they go down are connected UNTIL they come to the supposed 4th spec where there is a clear bar separating it from the rest. Clearly photoshopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I just have to say it would be so awesome if the Legion invades and the Titans show up to put down Sargeras. Just imagine it....

For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

I believe more than likely that what you're seeing isn't a 4th spec, but an advancement of class.

I believe that it'll be an advanced path that a player can pursue via a long questline in which they will do a class based "epic" chain. During the chain, their player will develop their abilities. The chain isn't something that can be rushed, but will give each class unique choices, and further advancement.

I think it will be south seas expansion which will involve pirates, naga bitch and hopefully the last we see or hear about the zandalari (rastakhan) because lets face it the troll thing needs to be put to bed now for good.
    Pirate stuff as filler, zadalari mid expansion raid with a build up to Nazjatar to kill off the queen and whatever else lurks there.
    Not sure about the 4th spec thing, who knows...no one here is right or wrong so everyone will have to wait and see rather than screaming photoshop/fake etc etc because lets face it You dont know just as much as the next guy!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    For people who think a demon themed expansion with Tinker wouldn't work. Doesn't anyone remember the Fel Reaver? The Doomforge Engineer?

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play WoW.

As a Gnome Engineer and Summoner of Demons, I am well aware of the many Engineers in the Game. It is true the Warcraft is technically a Steam Punk campaign setting. But when talking about Expansions and what would be contained in them When you think about the Legion. Do you think of:

This

or

This: