Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I agree and see your point. None of the druid specs individually give them any sizeable gameplay advantage over any other specs. Its when they are combined as a class that the advantage becomes apparent. You have a class in the game currently that can fill all 4 roles that currently no other class can. Even if it wasn't 4 different roles the druid player still has the choice of 4 different playstyles. This is the the slightly unfair advantage.
    Yeh I see ur point but for me that's not a problem because I choose classes for their gameplay, lore and flavour. I think that would be a problem if we could only have one class per server or smthing like that. If Blizz wanted us to play only one class, then druids being able to do 4 completely different roles would be an issue for sure. But we can have 11 different classes per server which means players should have alts so you can be a rogue dps and a druid as well if you like their tank spec. And even if you still feel like druids have the winning edge on lfr or lfd because of their multiple roles, I think you need to consider that just because a druid can change specs to become a tank doesn't mean it would be up for the task because he would lack the equipment.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-05-13 at 01:51 PM.

A more interesting question -

Are you, as a player, willing to keep paying sub for 1 year starting right now, but get 4th spec for all classes and tinkers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    A more interesting question -

Are you, as a player, willing to keep paying sub for 1 year starting right now, but get 4th spec for all classes and tinkers?
    I will keep paying for WoW till WoW gets shut down.

On topic:

Ofcourse this is fake,.
    Companies have all the emails of employees in their software, most of the times they first look up the email of that person and not type it randomly.
    And even if this was legit i find it very odd that it got send to a World of Warcraft player, that's very coincidental.

All do i love the idea of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I will keep paying for WoW till WoW gets shut down.

On topic:

Ofcourse this is fake,.
    Companies have all the emails of employees in their software, most of the times they first look up the email of that person and not type it randomly.
    And even if this was legit i find it very odd that it got send to a World of Warcraft player, that's very coincidental.

All do i love the idea of it.
    not to mention why would a high ranking blizzard worker even have his email? its not like metzen is walking around with all our emails in his pockets most of that stuff is kept locked down for privacy reasons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If Blizzard employees were going to email ideas and concepts to eachother they would include some actual information instead of a mere list of icons. I mean if you were a Blizzard developer and someone on the design team mailed you that.... with no explanation of specs and themes or proposed abilities/roles etc.... you're seriously going to question whether he should be working there at all.

It's like: "Hey, Jim. Here's our proposed concepts for the new expansion ahead of tuesday's meeting... but you have to guess what they are from the pictures!"
    Lmao yep. I was thinking maybe some crazy initiative of GC's, that they must only communicate with images so as to stimulate their creativity.

All these icons are already in game, I can't say I believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Lmao yep. I was thinking maybe some crazy initiative of GC's, that they must only communicate with images so as to stimulate their creativity.
    it could lead to interesting results.

"ok, so if I got it right, than the tinker first spec is 'diarrhea'. well, Imma start developing this diarrhea spec right now!"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It's fake.
    "What do you think about these ideas" - some class ideas must already be set in stone, only just a tweaks will happen for next expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 02:31 PM ----------

And here's your "new class icon"
    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Ability_rewindtime.png

Hmmm.... it's interesting.

If somebody wanted to fake this, he took considerable amount of effort. And also why do so, if phishing can also be performed without so much effort...

One interesting fact! This mail was sent by "Chris Mitten". Somebody on US forums said that it is because somebody wated to use namy similar to Chris Metzen. But it is not true!

Chris Mitten actually WORKS for Blizzard. Check here: http://www.d3joy.com/News/Diablo-3-w...al-Screen.html
    citing: "Recently, the project director for Blizzard, Chris Mitten revealed in an interview shows the host version of Diablo 3 details...." blah blah blah

Deleted
    This looks faker than a rogue tauren.

Although to be completely honest even fakes can have some truth in it.Theres hundreds of examples.

On late Vanilla a fake image of a legendary Gorehowl spreaded like fire.It was supposed to be the first legendary of TBC and we all know it turned out to be an epic (outrageous! lol).The fact that someone guessed that item is no mistery(its one of the more iconic weapons of WoW's lore) but the strange thing is...the image had the correct icon,the icon players could not see out of TBC alpha.

Months later before TBC first major patch a new fake image hit the forums with new talents for a lot of specs.The last talent of fury was...Titan's Grip.Time pass and they finally make it into a talent with the same name and description.Did Blizzard got inspired by the fake image or....it was the other way?

To be honest I believe a small % of fakes ( i can not quantify) are really Blizzard's surveys of just direct trolling.

It most likely is fake, but in the assumption it is a slip up, guessing is more fun than nay-saying anyway.

Warrior: Dragonkin, Damage, more shout based, buffs, debuffs, different ability set (never played warrior much)
    Mage: Blood mage, healer
    Rogue: Choler, tank
    Hunter: Ranger; damage, possibly petless, pets only used with CDs
    Shaman: Warden; tank
    Priest: Inquisitor; damage, arcane-frost
    Warlock: demon-hunter; tank
    Paladin: Cleric; hybrid damage healer (with use of an aura aka shockadin), a damage based cleric could control undead, a healer based would repel undead
    DK: Reaper; Heal
    Monk: Stormdancer; ranged damage
    Tinker: 1st Heal, 2nd ranged damage, 3rd melee damage, 4th tank

That gives everyone a damage, 8/12 can be heals, 9/12 can be tanks.

Lock tanks would still use int cloth, to counter the person who thinks they'd have to wear agi cloth or whatever (just like druids use leather and agi, not str and plate like the other tanks). The same as shaman tanks would use agi mail, and tinker would use mail in general. Tinkers would be able to use ranged weapons.

I don't think the amount of work people think is needed would necessarily be so. I think with how locks could tank on the beta, and the guardian druid spec, are both ways of testing the waters on things they've been working on for some time (whether we see it or not, is another issue).

I think now is as good a time as any, to release 1) a legion expansion (to pull BC nostalgia), 2) update player models (to get the poly counts up on your toons, which for some is a turn off) 3) put a major change to the makeup of the game, such as a 4th spec, to entice those on the fence to rejoin, to test out the new specs on all the classes, make the game fresh for long time players without revamping their favorite spec once again, and a new (and probably final additional class*) to even out gear disparity.

The 3rd spec data-mine would go well with this ... since you'd still have to 'choose' which three of the four, and not have all specs at all times.

*the only reason I can see them adding more classes in the future, would be another int plate user, if they can't figure out how to 'elegantly' fix that issue of 1 spec using a single itemization ... and getting classes up to 15, if they decide in the future to move to a 15m raid set up and drop 10 and 25s altogether (reducing their time investment trying to tweak fights between the two raid sizes is a side benefit). I think we would possibly see some 3 tank 3 healer fights on a semi-regular basis if they went that direction.

It isn't necessarily about being desperate; but when you lose 1/3 of your playerbase (12 million at end of wrath) in 2-3 years, you do what you can to make things happen, for retention and possibly bring back some of the ones you lost.

PvP will only be balanced when it isn't about gear, but skill. Remove gear from the equation, and make spells unique/act unique in the PvP environment, and balancing will start to come much easier. But when you are balancing PvE and PvP at the same time, you have gear disparities, you take away from skill and it becomes harder to filter bugs, problems, and imbalances throughout all aspects of the game.

It is a fun thought, and one that makes some sense, especially if they have the extra talent sitting around who are good with this type of thing, but not encounters or dailies. I'd like to believe that Blizz is capable of making more than what they do, even at this increased pace, and they are just being 'hush' to still give us a surprise now and then. With all the data mining and knowing everything about an xpac before it is released, it would be nice once in a while for them to keep something major under wraps until an announcement.

I'd like to see a level squish with the ilvl/stat squish. Make the game less daunting for new players (imagine just joining and seeing you have to level to 100 [no heirlooms, you don't know where mobs are, no addons]). Do we really want to be at a point like some other games where you have to level to 255? I think a level squish with the 4th spec and 12th class would be a omgwow moment for the game, 1-50, 5 levels an xpac, tons of classes, specs, variety, choice.

But, prob fake

15+ Year Old Account
    well this is pretty much silly. i mean, even if this email was REAAL... WHY would a blizzard employee introduce a new class and a fourth spec for others using pictures???? thats not how you want to present your new work to your co-worker or boss. maybe a powerpoint presentation but this is pretty much silly, the guy will be more confused rather than intrested.

Seems interesting, I know it's a fake but I can't help but imagine. If they do add a tinkerer, I will imediately swap mains if it is anything like Viktor from League of legends.

To be honest, next expansion is when they should start adding skill shots to the game.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

one person got email by accident
    no new icons for the new specs

would love to believe. bring on goblin/gnome tinkers!

If blizzard was to add another class, it would be Demon Hunter. No other class would excite the fanbase quite as much, and it would help sell expansions and raise subs (which is something they'll be looking to do, obviously.). And if they were to add 4th spec (which I hope they do) I don't think they'll also be adding a new class as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    quite fake, considering "tinker" isn't going to be a class ever. You want to tinker, engineering makes you a tinker.
    To be fair it looks more like a tinker and alchemist combined. I'm all for some gnome and goblin love. Yes you have the professions but a class could make use of so many things not present in the two professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Well even it is fake, if it is not. Why? Why 4 specs? They can't even balance 3 for a class. Let alone all 4 specs for PvP...
    Who cares about PvP?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    well this is pretty much silly. i mean, even if this email was REAAL... WHY would a blizzard employee introduce a new class and a fourth spec for others using pictures???? thats not how you want to present your new work to your co-worker or boss. maybe a powerpoint presentation but this is pretty much silly, the guy will be more confused rather than intrested.
    That's the biggest giveaway.

16 pages of people calling it fake yet you actually dont know if it is unless original poster admits it so untill then;

1 person here prove its fake!

just sayin seems as yet again mmo-champion posters always know better, your all like mystic fucking meg or something?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Who cares about PvP?
    Who cares about raiding?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    The only thing I take from this thread is the fact that I'm evidently not the only One who is incredibly desperate for info on the next expansion.

But yes, fake is fake. Any new content must have been determined ages ago. At this stage they are in full production.