Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    please you think monk 4th spec wouldn't have the crane in it's icon?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    Topic deleted few seconds ago..I was browsing it and bam..deleted
    That could hype up some speculation, call me a noob but are mods able on the wow forums to delete threads?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    this is fake. there is no blizzard employ named chris mitten.
    I figured someone was just trying to make you breeze over it and assume it was Chris Metzen.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    That could hype up some speculation, call me a noob but are mods able on the wow forums to delete threads?
    Yes, if it's seen as a pointless thread or as flame bait.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    This was proven to be fake in the first 5 pages and on the WoW forums, and this shit still hits 22 pages.

GG mmochamp...
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Long time reader, first time posting.

Found that image to be quite unexpected and most probably fake althrough the 4th specs added really make some sense. And to speculate a little bit further, ( I didn't read the whole thread, I don't know if there is already a refence in this thread if there is sorry to spam) so I was finishing the SunReavers quest in which you recover the remains of the anima golem, and then as seen before on this topic the appearance of new specs I paid more attention to the diologue Lor'Themar says the following:

Lor'Thermar Theron: What have you brought back? Ah, Fascinating...
    Lor'Thermar Theron: Blood as a power source - a very powerful form of life magic. The works of the titans, perhaps? How does it work?
    Lor'Thermar Theron: Aethas, I want your best archmages studying this device at once. We have so much to learn.
    Aethas Sunreaver: My lord.

This actually raises the interest in this topic and being myself a mage, adding a spec which isnt dps would be quite cool for a change!
    The thing is, for them to study, it means it will be new and may be not related to the blood mage we know on WC3, (althrough their spells are already in game) and of course, this is SPECULATION.
    PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    Topic deleted few seconds ago..I was browsing it and bam..deleted
    Very much doubt this is because Blizzard finally found it and wanted it deleted, the OP/troll's post had a reported icon next to it so it was probably closed due to trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually, the Tinker class would be based on the Tinker and Alchemist hero units from WC3. Just like pretty much every other class in the game.
    So? It still doesn't change the fact that it will essentially be a profession class. It's ridiculous. There are other classes in WC3 that are actually classes, not NPCs heavily relying on a profession. I have engineering and alchemy, that makes me a tinker, right? If not, then I dare you to add to a tinker something I'm not able to do now.

Well I guess there's a chance it could actually have been sent out by a Blizz employee to see what the community reaction is, like when they talked about Tri Spec on the PTR.

More likely it's just an outright fake though.

Warrior = Dragoon. 2h Tanking using spears, halberds, and polearms.

Similar to Lancers from TERA.

Fake or Not it certainly got us talking about it

I have no problem with people getting this Tinker class, but why would that get priority over other classes players having been asking for, such as Necromancers, Demon Hunters, Arch Druid, Battlemages, Blademaster....

Why is this thread going? The OP and/or his friends are likely responsible for the fake. Further to that, they're probably jobless, given they don't understand most corporate emails are going to feature a signature. And most designers who are so vague as to send an email stating "here's what we were talking about", where it's nothing more than a cluster of icons with no real explanation, are probably responsible for the website for the local tackle shop at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So? It still doesn't change the fact that it will essentially be a profession class. It's ridiculous. There are other classes in WC3 that are actually classes, not NPCs heavily relying on a profession. I have engineering and alchemy, that makes me a tinker, right? If not, then I dare you to add to a tinker something I'm not able to do now.
    Challenge accepted. Lets look at it based on the icons given for each spec, First is bubbles which would imply potions/corrosives. A Dot class with splash burst, chemical reactions, effects changing based on what order spells are applied to target. Second is some kind of energy maybe, energy weapons (lasers), Attack with one type of laser to build charges for bigger attacks and then choose between a variety of different types of energy to augment your attacks Or Shields of some kind for tanking possibly. Third, explosives, just look at how many different kinds of explosives are in RL, that's your model. Forth, Projectile, rocket and rifles more likely than anything else. With more time and more people to bounce ideas off of all 4 would be completely unique, they might be similar to the proff but they wouldn't be identical or use all the same things the proff does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Roar icon for a 4th warrior spec... maybe a ranged spec that uses Guns and fire ammo.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Indeed, on the assumption that it's real (out of boredom) , let's play the "Guess-the-spec" game.
    Yes, yes a million times yes.

Warrior: Trogdor spec, first you are a man, then you are a dragon man!
    Mage: Blood Mage with all the powers of blood....like Blood Bolt and a spell where you throw a bolt made out of blood and at your enemies...and Blood Beam where you fire a beam made of blood at your enemies.
    Rogue: Spider web spec that makes you more spider like, defining ability would be Trail of Cobwebs that mildly irritate your enemies dust allergies.
    Druid: Extra Bear spec spec! If you liked Feral you ain't seen nothing yet!
    Hunter: Dark Ranger spec, makes you look like Sylvannas Windrunner at the cost of all your abilities, faction leaders are meant to stay at home dummy.
    Shaman: Shock spec! Behold the days of perpetual Frost Shock kiting have returned, the Mastery increases Ghost Wolf speed.
    Priest: Blue...thingy.....spec? Your Priest will now worship the phenomena known as the Blue Man Group, powers are more or less the same only your secular now.
    Warlock: Double Demonology spec....with armor! We heard you like Demons so we put Demons on your Demons so you can Demon whilst you Demon?
    Death Knight: Purple...ness spec! All spell effects will now be purple. <-----Can't wait for this one, the one thing my DK lacks is enough purple.
    Monk: Tornado spec. The only reason people play a Monk is Spinning Crane Kick right? Well you know where this one is going.
    Tinker: Oil spec, Arcanist, Fel-Engineering and Explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    Challenge accepted. Lets look at it based on the icons given for each spec, First is bubbles which would imply potions/corrosives. A Dot class with splash burst, chemical reactions, effects changing based on what order spells are applied to target. Second is some kind of energy maybe, energy weapons (lasers), Attack with one type of laser to build charges for bigger attacks and then choose between a variety of different types of energy to augment your attacks Or Shields of some kind for tanking possibly. Third, explosives, just look at how many different kinds of explosives are in RL, that's your model. Forth, Projectile, rocket and rifles more likely than anything else. With more time and more people to bounce ideas off of all 4 would be completely unique, they might be similar to the proff but they wouldn't be identical or use all the same things the proff does.
    Completely unique, yet they might be similar to the professions. I like the sounds of that. Indeed, that's what this game lacks, a class based on not one, but TWO professions. Why not demon hunter or necromancer instead? Too similar to existing classes is FAR BETTER than too similar to existing professions. The simple idea is just ridiculous.

Deleted
    Who knows.

I will hold of judgement, but a new class and a 4th spec seems a little too much for 1 expansion from a balance point.

Honestly it looks awesome.

Looks like a lot of awesome stuff, melee warlocks, tank shamans, dark ranger hunters, blood mages, etc...

Would definitely love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    Lots of poor assumptions being made by people here. First, lots of you assume that blizz wouldnt re use icons, seriously? do you realize how cannibalized Wc3 was for its icons? Second, people dismiss potential leak because Blizz this or Blizz that, Blizz is made up of people whom are not infallible and Do make mistakes. Third, Most of you assume they would be starting new class work after the MoP expac had launched and been out for some time, well what if they had been working on the 4th specs from some point in MoP's dev cycle?

If they had already been working on the 4th specs then the only development on them which would be needed is refinement and balance, this may not take as long as the full inception, creation and refinement would have if it were started after MoP launched. Blizz is realizing that wow is old and they are probably pushing Really hard for Major content creation for an expac to draw people in for longer. From several blue posts and twitter comments ive read recently, They realize that a portion of the player base comes for the launch of new content and leaves when they've seen it. If they were to add a more content in 1 expac it may hold this type of players attention for longer. They have stats that show nearly every player makes alts, tries out multiple classes, adding an additional spec would make people revisit alts as others have already said. Also realize this, Blizz is Huge, if they needed an extra push for content they could recruit part time assistance from other inhouse game dev teams in areas of modeling, animation, effects and level design.

Now for my opinion on the image, its probably nothing but Bs being slung by a troll. Its really good Bs but that doesn't change the fact that its probably not real. And by really good Bs i mean, look at how many ppl are talking about it just on this forum, its good Bs.

Pretty much what I think, It is clear Blizzard needs to wow the fan base after 2 boring expansions. They really need to raise the bar on the next one, and this means better and more compelling content, and giving the players things they really enjoy.

Next Hero Class - Hinted at since 2006
    4th Specs - their fault really once that was given to druids the cat was out of the bag.
    Ogres, Highelves - Give both the horde and alliance their most wanted races.
    Bring back Illidan
    take the fight to the legion and Sargeras
    Make the game fun to play again, and ease back on end game focus for all, and increase the time it takes to level. (this does not mean get rid of LFR, but make it not necessary to always raid or do constructed PVP.)
    and to shut the fanbois up all 5 of them, explain in developer terms why Naga, and Tinker are bad ideas publicly.

The most transparent hoax imaginable that is pandering to every possible armchair dev wishful thinking idea that gets posted on forums such as these.

Seems quite fake, wishful thinking passed on though.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa