Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Most of new specs look like the 4th specs from the fake "Rise of the Legion" expansion. Adding 10 new specs is gonna be a greater balancing issue then adding one new class with 3 specs.

What is that 4th Dk spec supposed to be? Death Death Knight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidde Ottens View Post
    Most of new specs look like the 4th specs from the fake "Rise of the Legion" expansion. Adding 10 new specs is gonna be a greater balancing issue then adding one new class with 3 specs.
    Yet WoW PvP is more balanced now with 34 specs than it was when it had 27 specs in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the problem about support roles is: nobody likes it. it's a very small niche.

vanilla had support roles, and it sucked. pally raiding: your role - to keep casting single-man blessings on the whole raid. each blessing lasts 5 minutes and you have 40 party members, so when you finish buffing the last guy, the first one was already running out of buff. sooooo awesome!
    You're assuming they would make the new support roles as boring as the old ones. Take a look at Rift, the support aren't just buffbots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yet WoW PvP is more balanced now with 34 specs than it was when it had 27 specs in Vanilla.
    I'm not against the idea of 10 new 4th specs maybe Blizzard will follow the right track now that its bought more of its shares back from Vivendi which originally made Adham quit his job as co-founder due to them taking over the company, and later Activision bought greater percentages of the company. Now that Lardo is back we might see some redemption from WoW from their fiasco expansion which was based on a April fools joke 10 years ago. Thank God they didn't implement pandas back in TBC and instead put Draeni otherwise we'd all be playing warhammer online right now. Even though its more balanced then in classic yes but at what cost? Most of the time healers are invincible, people have around 3-4 CC that they can apply over a short period of time. The amount of skill you required back in the days is gone I mean stance dancing or a Paladin changing Auras needed the player to have some conciousness while doing it. Yes Resilience is part of the solution to making people not 1 shot other people which I support but we have lost so much of the things that made skilled players stand out from regular players Blizz has made the game easier every year that goes.

I see that you are as passionate as me about implementing a new class next expansion thats why you have the threads about the possible classes and also scarab lord title. I'm thinking how likely will it be that they will pass the idea of a new class in the next expansion?

Deleted
    Let me guess, it's from a chinese website.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The odds are against a Ranger because of the ridiculous amount of overlap with the Hunter class. If Blizzard drops the pet requirement for Marksmanship, then the Ranger serves no purpose. You also have to properly distinguish between three specs, and again make sure that they don't overlap with Hunters and even Rogues. A tall order, and not worth the time IMO. Even in my thread people still thought the class idea was too much like Hunters. This was with a Dark Ranger spec, and a Warden spec tossed in.

Demon Hunters have numerous implementation problems. People tend to ignore those problems because they love the class. However, those problems are pretty huge, and glaring. Not only are the abilities wholly owned by another class, but the very name causes implementation issues because it can be confused with Hunters. Let it go, it isn't happening.

The Tinker will draw players because no other class is like it, and because technology classes ARE popular in fantasy MMOs. However, your argument that a class needs to bring in the lost WoW subscribers to be considered a possibility is a joke. It isn't lack of classes that has caused WoW's subscription base to erode, its the fact that WoW is almost 10 years old.
    I'd like to touch one the last part of the paragraph. As we know playing new classes is one of the most exhilirating things you can do in a game just the trial and error part of figuring out your class, getting sweet new abilites gives you goals to keep on playing, discovering things that you cannot achieve with other classes all of that is a grand recipe for a load of happiness. Which equals to people subbing. Seriously one of the reasons why WotLK even received the amount of subscribers as it did was more because of the DK and not the content. if not 100% then 99% of the people were rolling DKs. They were originally gonna implent a necro class in vanilla but they scrapped it so this was the closest thing they could get 2 a necro.
    Last edited by mmocabe97de67e; 2013-07-31 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What is that 4th Dk spec supposed to be? Death Death Knight?
    If i were to guess... Unholy would be split into two classes, a pet class (necromancer) and a Dot class (Unholy)

Perhaps one of those would use intellect plate.

Well, looks i ain't touching PvP next expansion, they can't even make the current game remotely enjoyable, adding 12 new specs gonna be fun rofl.

Deleted
    I hope it's not true. 4th spec and new class ? That's toooo much to balance. The QQ on forums is gonna be too much to handle. fake and im glad it is. Blizzard isnt that stupid. Tho cool none the less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zegaros View Post
    I hope it's not true. 4th spec and new class ? That's toooo much to balance. The QQ on forums is gonna be too much to handle. fake and im glad it is. Blizzard isnt that stupid. Tho cool none the less.
    Maybe it's the next big thing after revamping Azeroth, which is why next expansion will have shit content and the last raid of the expansion will last for a year.

On topic of PvP, i wonder if there would be any chances the 4th spec is the "PvP-Only" spec for each classes, allowing them to finally somewhat balance the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Maybe it's the next big thing after revamping Azeroth, which is why next expansion will have shit content and the last raid of the expansion will last for a year.
    Can't imagine them redoing that mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    On topic of PvP, i wonder if there would be any chances the 4th spec is the "PvP-Only" spec for each classes, allowing them to finally somewhat balance the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't imagine them redoing that mistake.
    The idea of a PvP only spec only further isolates PvE and PvP apart. I don't want to have to unequip a shield to PvP as a warrior like they're pretty much forcing me to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The idea of a PvP only spec only further isolates PvE and PvP apart. I don't want to have to unequip a shield to PvP as a warrior like they're pretty much forcing me to do now.
    They've been trying and failing at balancing both at the same time for 8 years now, maybe they will finally try completly separating them?

What can you do as a tank spec? Like really, how does that effect a PvP environment outside of battlegrounds? They don't make you do anything, you're not entitled to having every spec viable.

Also it's a good thing they are separating the two. I don't see why isolating them would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're assuming they would make the new support roles as boring as the old ones. Take a look at Rift, the support aren't just buffbots.
    I've never played rift, but I can't imagine support being interesting.

being a support character is like being a friendzoned guy. the girl (the healer) likes to have you around because you listen to her troubles. the girl's boyfriend (the dps) likes to have you around because you make him look more awesome. the girl's dad (the tank) likes to have you around because you can help keeping her out of trouble. but are you happy being just the friendzoned guy? are you happy being just the class that makes everyone else work better?

personally, I wouldn't. I can't imagine support being an interesting role.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    What can you do as a tank spec? Like really, how does that effect a PvP environment outside of battlegrounds? They don't make you do anything, you're not entitled to having every spec viable.

Also it's a good thing they are separating the two. I don't see why isolating them would be bad.
    Its the fact that when I made my character and wanted to PvP, I wanted to have a shield in one hand and a big Dwarf hammer in the other. I don't care how stupid Blizzard makes the tank spec perform in PvP. I'm NOT changing my playstyle to be arms or fury, or a 4th "PvP only" spec, Im no sheep.

I love my druid support in rift. Buff, dps, heal, pets. Awesome.

Its the fact that when I made my character and wanted to PvP, I wanted to have a shield in one hand and a big Dwarf hammer in the other. I don't care how stupid Blizzard makes the tank spec perform in PvP. I'm NOT changing my playstyle to be arms or fury, or a 4th "PvP only" spec, Im no sheep.
    You're ignoring my question. What can you do as a tank spec? Like really, how does that effect a PvP environment outside of battlegrounds? They aren't making you change specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't they come up with something new than re-do the spec system? they do it every x-pack, why the hype?