Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hex seems odd to me, and I can't figure out why. It's like they shouldn't of bundled the main aspects together, even though the idea behind it isn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    We will see spam of card games now, but there will be only one king.
    where have ya been ? there's like 80 billion on facebook alone, and more then a few downloadable client online CCGs.

I like the idea behind hex, but I need to see gameplay other than 1 duel. I want to see a character actually moving through a world. If its just an open interface and everyone is connected, then while it may classify as an MMO, I bet it will feel like it is lacking somehow.

Regardless, I'm super excited about both games and while I can't guarantee myself beta access to Hearthstone, I can to Hex which is more appealing to me.

Hearthstone has a slightly different audience than Hex I think, so I highly doubt any serious competition will arise between the two outside of the usual. Hearthstone is very visually "warcraft" and as such will attract the people who are fans of that style/story/game/whatever a lot more than Hex will. That, and Hearthstone ties directly into Battle.net which is great for the gamers already into WoW, D3 and SC2.

That being said though, maybe it's just coincidence, but two online card games in development at the same time from two companies that have partnered together in the past for card related merchandise? Seems more than a little odd.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    where have ya been ? there's like 80 billion on facebook alone, and more then a few downloadable client online CCGs.
    Hehe, true, but still, for us, gamers, I think that Hearthstone is gonna be the king, especially because of Blizz's quality and how it's product is appealing to masses. Hex feels complicated and "booring" for many.

Deleted

Looks pretty interesting. I don't see any reason why they couldn't coexist peacefully though. I'll likely play both, and I imagine others will. It looks like the gameplay will be different enough between the two.

Hearthstone is designed as a casual experience. Hex is designed as a "this is my main CCG" game. Hex developers have commented that they're also looking forward to Hearthstone (good PR blah blah) and I bet there are plenty of Blizzard devs at least mildly interested in Hex. really Hex is there as an alternative to MtG, and not at all in competition with Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Hearthstone is designed as a casual experience. Hex is designed as a "this is my main CCG" game. Hex developers have commented that they're also looking forward to Hearthstone (good PR blah blah) and I bet there are plenty of Blizzard devs at least mildly interested in Hex. really Hex is there as an alternative to MtG, and not at all in competition with Hearthstone.
    Yeah, MTGO is really the Hex competitor.

...Not that there's really much of a competition there, since MTGO has probably one of the worst clients I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravanna View Post
    Yeah, MTGO is really the Hex competitor.

...Not that there's really much of a competition there, since MTGO has probably one of the worst clients I've ever seen.
    MTGO's client is fine. There is also a beta client which most people refuse to use since they like the old one so much. Wizards was actually going to force a beta client switch for a few days because people wouldn't use it over the old one. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is far more convenient than playing a paper TCG. Hex is basically MTG + Hearthstones character power + Duels of the Planeswalkers interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    At least for me, Hex is nothing vs Hearthstone. Hearthstone has much more appealing style, gameplay, easy to learn, great for the eye and has this climate. I can't find myself playing any online card game that hasn't got Hearthstone's mechanics.

We will see spam of card games now, but there will be only one king.
    - Style is practically identical, textures are different
    - Hex's gameplay is more complex than Hearthstone, it's a card game MMO.
    - Great for the eye means the same thing as liking its style, and Hex looks just as good and colorful.
    - "This climate"? You mean you like Warcraft?
    - If you can't find yourself playing something that hasn't Hearthstone's mechanics, then you'll automatically play Hex, since it has its mechanics + 5x more.

Blizzard isn't worried about Hex, because the game is targetting mainly veterans of TCG while hearthstone is more of an entry point for people interested in the genre but never had the possibilities to play them before.

Tbh I think hex is fighting a losing battle, trying to take down MTGO is like trying to make a mmo to take down WoW. Magic the gathering is just too big to be taken down, has almost 20 years of balancing and cards behind it, some fantastic artworks and decks that defy the rules of the games and bend them to their will.

Even blizzard tried to compete with magic with its paper WoW TCG and look what happened after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    - Style is practically identical, textures are different
    - Hex's gameplay is more complex than Hearthstone, it's a card game MMO.
    - Great for the eye means the same thing as liking its style, and Hex looks just as good and colorful.
    - "This climate"? You mean you like Warcraft?
    - If you can't find yourself playing something that hasn't Hearthstone's mechanics, then you'll automatically play Hex, since it has its mechanics + 5x more.
    if you think they're practically identical, you've not seen the "How to play HEX" video, it looks almost exactly like MTG and not even int he same league as what HS is looking like/play style/pace etc.

Pledge $10k or more and unlock everything in the game. I'd never play a game with a kick starter like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I think Hearthstone has a couple things going for it that other similar games don't.

1. Its Warcraft

2. It will be on tablets / mobile devices

Number 2 is what has me the most interested.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think Hearthstone has a couple things going for it that other similar games don't.

1. Its Warcraft

2. It will be on tablets / mobile devices

Number 2 is what has me the most interested.
    Duel of Champions and Shadow Era have both been out for a long time with tablet/mobile support. Hex is also getting it. Not really a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Pledge $10k or more and unlock everything in the game. I'd never play a game with a kick starter like that.
    That's because you have no idea how card games work. If you spent $10,000 on the game in boosters you would easily get all of the cards. 4 playsets of a magic expansion cost well less than $1000 when they are in standard format. Having cards for constructed doesn't help you with limited in any way. The $10,000 is for the opportunity to meet and design portions of the game.
    Last edited by Viscerous; 2013-06-11 at 06:23 PM.

Hearthstone has WoW themed cards/ideas. I don't think there's any comparision, especially for fans of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Hearthstone is in fact Warcraft. But still more interesting one.

Looks completely different than Hearthstone to me. Much better looking though.

He most likely is close friends with blizzard and blizzard is probably as excited as we are to play it.... ppl are way too tin foil hat sometimes, geeze.