Thread: Blood: Mastery

Blood: Mastery

So I'm not asking about caps or anything like that but what amount of mastery do you guys feel is a good buffer before you start moving into other stats? I'm sitting around 250% buffed and wondering if I should continue to stack more for hardmodes or lay off a little and move into hit/expertise?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Voided/simple

Armory if it helps.

Rather than thinking about reducing your mastery you should reduce your dodge/parry !:
    Also I find it kind of odd that you're using Fallen Crusader in an avoidance build.

And... well depends on the content you're doing - if it's 10m you should definitely go hit/exp soft capped and get rid of all that dodge/parry. If you're doing 25m you probably need to get more stamina ~

If you are comfortable with your mastery as is, Hit/Exp are def. the way to go. Also if you want parry STR is not too bad as it provides some parry and extra AP for damage..

Fixed my crap. Also had another question. Noticed some upper-level Blood DKs gemming pure strength. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud8690 View Post
    Fixed my crap. Also had another question. Noticed some upper-level Blood DKs gemming pure strength. Why is that?
    So they can maximize their DPS for hyper-progression.

It has the added benefit of giving slightly more parry per strength then warriors/paladins.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I think that 200% unbuffed is a good benchmark for mastery, after that i would consider raw stamina better for survivability or to go more offensively with crit or strength if you want more dps.

Mastery should not be the deciding factor. If you're looking at survivability, you need to get the EH (stam) you need first, then go into mastery. Whatever mastery % you land on is what you should be at. If you are doing a dps oriented build, its a matter of how much survival you want to give up and then going into haste/crit after that. Neither of these scenarios target a specific mastery %, and you shouldn't use the % as any kind of deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud8690 View Post
    You sure they're not in their dps set?.... ir simply trying to troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stack mastery xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You sure they're not in their dps set?.... ir simply trying to troll?
    I think he is referring to riggnaros. Basically he switched mains to his monk because monks are just clearly better at high end content. More dps with no survival loss, and a lot more utility. People were saying that it was because he didn't gem strength, so he did and his dps was still significantly lower than his monks. So it was just to prove a point. I'm just going off stuff i heard in his stream (i watch it occasionally) so i could be taking it out of context, but i mean there isnt a whole lot of context to be had here. for bleeding edge 25H content, monks and pallies are flat out broken.

So basically he was trying to troll ~ I really can't imagine strength gems being anywhere close to secondary stat gems for dps especially considering 25H tanks probably have way over 200k total AP on most fights.

Get as much Mastery as possible, atleast for fights where physical is the main dmg taken. Will help you loads when it comes to avoiding spike damage.