[TV] Teen Titans Go

Did they really cancel Young Justice to bring us this...this...abomination? And just as it was starting to get good.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    I adored the original teen titans, so i dont mind if its as good.

It's basically a crackfic version of the original Teen Titans. As someone who loved the original show I'm cool with that. Even brought back the original VAs. I think if you haven't seen the original show though you might not appreciate it as much. This and Adventure Time have piqued my interest in cartoons again.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow i cant wait to watch this.

I doubt Young Justice was cancelled for the express purpose of airing this show, but for someone who enjoyed the original Teen Titans the most when they weren't doing the pseudo-anime silliness, it is a bit depressing. But I'm obviously not their target demographic, so...it's whatever.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-05-19 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Did they really cancel Young Justice to bring us this...this...abomination? And just as it was starting to get good.
    no, teen titans go was in development long before the decision to cancel young justice. young justice was cancelled due to sales being low for the toys.

i also really like teen titans go. in fact the idea to revive teen titans in some way was thought of before young justice even premiered.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-19 at 01:15 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, teen titans go was in development long before the decision to cancel young justice. young justice was cancelled due to sales being low for the toys.
    Young Justice is more for young adults which explains why the toy sales for children were low.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-05-19 at 03:25 AM.

I feel like Teen Titans would have gotten a continuation much sooner than this if social media had really been as much force back then as it is today. Fans petitioned hard to bring that show back, usually in letter or online petition form. Just glad it's back but it's genuinely funny too.

On the topic of toy sales, that's what got both Symbionic Titan and Thundercats cancelled, two great shows =/ (though TC fell apart in the second half). CNs way too big into that. Probably why Pokemon still airs daily. Seems their Adult Swim blocks are exempt from that though and purely ratings driven.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2013-05-19 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I feel like Teen Titans would have gotten a continuation much sooner than this if social media had really been as much force back then as it is today. Fans petitioned hard to bring that show back, usually in letter or online petition form. Just glad it's back but it's genuinely funny too.

On the topic of toy sales, that's what got both Symbionic Titan and Thundercats cancelled, two great shows =/ (though TC fell apart in the second half). CNs way too big into that. Probably why Pokemon still airs daily.
    well there were talks about bringing back teen titans long ago (if you go back you can find interviews with people like hte voice actor for beast boy and other characters who would say they were in talks for bringing it back)

cartoon network decided that they would bring it back if the shorts got a good reception (they did) and so they brought it on as a full series.

the good thing about this series is that it seems to be much cheaper to make than young justice.

i did love young justice but i think the time skip really threw off the younger viewers, little kids are more sentimental than adults and they pretty much threw away the entire seasons worth of character development and some characters were basically shelved for a host of new characters kids didnt care about.

for the older kids and adults this wasnt as huge of a problem but i bet for the kids it really turned them off from the show, not to mention the erratic schedule and breaks. kids these days have shorter attention spans and they are used to schedules.

adventure time is always on mondays, kids know this. young justice? oh this week its on friday>>> 3 week gap >>>> what its on saturday now? >>> 2 week gap >>>> wha? i didnt even know there was a new episode this week.,
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-19 at 03:57 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Wow i cant wait to watch this.
    i remember back when Raven's father was an evil bad guy who was trying to take over the world and used his daughter as a portal to do this.... now hes giving them gifts like Cyborgs puppy hand.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.