Poll: ave you quit normal mode raiding for LFR?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I stopped normal raiding when my life and schedule didn't allow for anything with required nights, odd times, etc. I'll do lfr if I have the free time or a couple friends want to jump in, I've done enough normal raiding to know it's not the same thing, but for awhile now it's either that or I don't see the content at all.

Yeah, pretty much, not that I really wanted to. But the group I used to run with in ICC and Cata spent 5 weeks wiping on the first three bosses of MSV because some of the members just weren't good enough for them. The group ended up splitting with most people leaving the game. I haven't been able to find a group since, probably because we're mid-progression which means a low number of tank spots available in good groups. If I'm going to do pugs with a tank, I'd rather do them in the easiest content available instead of enduring the headache of normal modes with a bunch of strangers.

I'm in the process of leveling a DPS in the hope of getting a spot in a group.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do normal raids 1 day a week and then if I get lucky and can get more game time I try and toss in LFR between daily grind for charms!

If it came down to it I would stick around for just lfr and to cheer on our raid team from the side lines. At least I would have decent gear if ever I could hop back into raiding!

I quit normal raiding in late Cata. LFR is great. No strings attached, no crappy social aspect to get annoyed with.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Down and dirty poll in which I'm curious to see the results.

Since MoP, have you quit normal mode (and/or heroic) raiding for LFR?
    Quit? No voluntarily. But as my fellow guildmates have moved on with life I only get the occasional PUG. The game lost a lot of its unfolding immersion because of LFR. I loved it because I got to see everything. But I got to see everything the week it came out. It was like jumping to the end of the book. Normal and Heroic just feel like harder versions and I am not seeing anything new.

I think LFR needs to be significantly behind the normal raid. Maybe we release LFR a tier behind but the LFR gives gear equal to the normal tier it represents.

I love LFR, even though I used to be a semi hardcore raider.

However the issue is, once i've done LFR, i've seen the entire (except maybe 1 heroic boss) dungeon and every boss. I've experienced most of the fight and all of the storyline.

I don't have that hunger to go spend 3+ nights a week raiding to try and reach that same content again

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did, but not by choice. I am glad it was there to fall back on since my schedule changed and I mainly focus on PvP, I no longer had time to devote to progression raiding.
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Nopez. LFR is actually that much faceroll that it's just boring. I want challenge... that's the only reason I play WoW

I went LFR only. I just got so tired of looking for what I though would be a good stable guild, trying to get in, getting rejected because of ilevel or some other such BS. Having to settle for other guilds that would either never stick to their own scheduled, frequently have missing people MIA with no explanation no accountability, and I just started asking myself why in God's name am I trying so damn hard...to impress you guys? To show YOU that I can be just as good as YOU. You guys do not give two fucks about me what guild I'm in or even if I'm 16/16 Heroic ToT. So why should I constantly log into this game and TRY when there is simply no joy in it.

I would rather herd cats in LFR where people consider you good if you show up with flasks and a banquet for everyone. It doesn't have any prestige, nobody on this forum will take you at all seriously. But I have to be honest, my quality of life has significantly improved ever since. I can log in and not feel just defeated, I have a lot more gold and I don't feel bad about leveling alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I love LFR, even though I used to be a semi hardcore raider.

However the issue is, once i've done LFR, i've seen the entire (except maybe 1 heroic boss) dungeon and every boss. I've experienced most of the fight and all of the storyline.

I don't have that hunger to go spend 3+ nights a week raiding to try and reach that same content again
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I just don't have the time, desire, or will do dedicate several nights a week. Week in, week out for months on end. If I can not honor the commitment to a raiding guild them I am not going to join only to miss time here and there. Live it too short.

Deleted
    I voted No,
    Although i have to say that at the moment i sort of quited wow itself *not touched it in 3 months or so* since its so fucking hard to keep normal mode raiding cause all guilds have problems en are falling apart by bushes.
    Im trying to find a proper stable guild since end of wotlk. every guild i had did have problems through new raid tiers. people not showing/lack off people. not many reserves *cause who realy likes to be a 2nd choice only good for moments someone doesnt show up* and like all guilds hardly survived the end of the tier or did fall apart shortly after.
    so keep on searching trying new guilds with same story over and over.
    LFR haz a big part in this.
    also those freaking fucking fotmers picking all places. Always stayed on my priest in good times but also dark times. being one of the 3 lowest on the list isnt fun...
    But when you get some power back those @!@&!*&$ Fotmers picking a shitload of places so noone needs more spriest is far worse.
    i can understand if people dont need you cause your one of the worst classes currently availleble but then those rerollers who in most cases perform far worse then a main picking it spots -_-''

And ok sure people can play what the want and ar free to enjoy the class that i love. but when you rejected by a lot of guilds for people who probl after some nerfs/buffs reroll to the new fotm class is hatefully anoying

Stil LFR destroyed normal raiding more. but f those fotmers
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2013-05-13 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Technically, yes. But not because I preferred it. My guild leader burnt out, and then the guild collapsed with it. I would do normal raids if I could, but I don't want to raid with some random people. I raided with my friends, previously, and they have either quit wow since, or scattered to different guilds or server transferred.

I now VP cap on my main, and then VP cap on my alts, waiting for something. 5.3 looks like an utter bore.
    Maybe try to found new guild and make NEW friends -.^? You actual ones (that you used to raid with earlier) were random people too before you meet them.

No, but if my raid team collapses I will. It's been pretty shaky for a while now, lot of people leaving and hard to find replacements. In a 10 if you lose 1 player it's a huge impact.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

No - with a caveat.

I'm raiding less normal mode than previous expacs, but only because I'm ok with my alts just running LFR (than trying to pug in or get yet another group together in my guild).

Deleted
    Not quit... so much.

I've stopped normal mode raiding because I no longer want to raid on my Death Knight.

Currently gearing up my Resto Shaman in LFR... I expect to be in normal modes soon! (Assuming lady luck is on my side)

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically did for the simple fact that it's an easier way for me to experience raids without being forced to come on at a certain time with the guild and also for the fact that I can do them whenever I want. When it comes to playing a game that's my time to relax and enjoy the game and just escape real life for a couple of hours. When people boss me around and tell me I have to be on at a certain time and I can't be late that's when I just stop playing and I'll play something else or do something else. I already have a schedule I have to keep up with for my real job so I don't need some snotty, stuck up, elitist guild telling me to be on at a certain time just so we can kill some monsters, it's ridiculous really, I already have a job thank you. Unlike some people, I really don't care about getting the best gear. I just get what I can and it's good enough for me. As long as I have fun I could care less and from the looks of it I'm having a pretty damn good time right now. Isn't that what matters most when it comes to video games?

So yes I gave up normal raiding because really all I see in normal raiding is a harder difficulty, better gear and maybe like an exclusive boss or two that you can't fight in LFR mode. I really don't care for that stuff. I go in raids for the story and the experience, not gear.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-05-13 at 03:37 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I only did LFR for gear upgrades, so naturally I stopped once there weren't any there anymore.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Only because the rest of the guild have quit/not subbed in months.

I try the odd pug, but I am still amazed at how terribly bad some people are at doing the basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yes, I have quit raiding and only do LFR now. It's faster, less irritating overall, and if there are douchebags present we can easily remedy that problem.