Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    Incanter's Ward was already relatively close to the others in terms of dps so this change makes it very attractive. This proves once again how flawed the lvl 90 mage talents really are. They are now three different ways of increasing your dmg 15% all with 100% uptime in theory.

Rune of power is a flawed to the core, this thing would require you to stand still for an entire fight and is very clunky, this talent had only ever been attractive to arcane and worthless to the other speccs. This ability cripples your movability and makes the hunters old Sniper training look easy on the mobility. This ability should be removed or made into a arcane cooldown with maybe a 15 seconds duration.

Invocation is something that makes you cast something just to keep up a buff, much like rogues old Hunger for Blood. Blizzard removed Hunger for Blood because they didn't like the "have to cast something just do keep a buff up" and they should remove invocation as well.

Incanter's Ward feels much like the old Owlkin Frenzy, where you will willingly stand in fire or take damage to increase your damage, which was also something blizzard stated long ago was not a playstyle they didn't like.

They should simply scrap the 90 talents completely and make something fun there instead, getting your 90 talent should be something fun and special and it kinda is for most classes. When I leveled to 90 with my mage the feeling I got was "Oh crap, now I have to deal with one of these hassles." I know it's too late for a chnage this far into the expansion but for next one I hope blizzard just scrap the 90 talents all together.
    very good post and summary. sadly, it seems blizzard is running out of ideas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    very good post and summary. sadly, it seems blizzard is running out of ideas.
    I don't think so. It's more that mage in so big change that it will wait for 5.5/6.x
    Maybe we will see some things for 5.4 but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I don't think so. It's more that mage in so big change that it will wait for 5.5/6.x
    Maybe we will see some things for 5.4 but I don't think so.
    There will be changes in 5.4, that's for granted. But those changes are: prolly a nerf for arcane and fire once again to not be op at the end of the tier.

As for bigger changes. Maybe the next expansion if at all. Though they would prolly be pushing it if they don't "fix" mages for the next exp, but time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Achtalon View Post
    Well Blizzard can rightly be accused of homogenization and PvP hurting PvE--yet again. I can understand why IW was too strong in PvP, but this change sucks. They could just make IW a "only 15% against player targets" and leave it somewhat interesting for PvE. That might be easier said than rewritten, yet as others have pointed out, the level 90 talents are very boring.
    Or tell people to stop being bad and have an offensive dispeller on their team.

If they don't want to have a Mage/Shaman/ANY Priest/Hunter/Prot Warrior/Warlock/ anyone else I forgot, then that's their problem.

Notice how many offensive magic dispellers there are.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    As for bigger changes. Maybe the next expansion if at all. Though they would prolly be pushing it if they don't "fix" mages for the next exp, but time will tell I guess.
    Oh they definitely will be in 6.0. The L90 talents, Arcane's design, and Fire's scaling issues after THREE expansions all DEMAND fixing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Totally agree with BeefSupreme's take on the L90 talents. They all suck and aren't practical. How many raid bosses are there where you can stand in the same small circle the entire fight? It wouldn't be so bad if the cast time was instant, but it takes a long second to cast rune of power. It's even more useless in PVP. Nether ward IMO is also really dumb because it doesn't really absorb much damage and gets in the way of all the buttons you have to press in the heat of the moment. I have no comment on how useless invocation is. Give us better talents!