Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Double Healer + DK - What do?

I ran against this comp last week....I've read more into it, there is teams with this comp at 2500 rating right now.

I play a druid healer with a ret paladin and a bm hunter ~1900 rated atm. Team we played against was disc priest/r sham/ uh dk. Lost to them 3 games. dk, sticks on hunters pet til I have to heal it(so I come out of stealth)...switches on me, stays on me the whole time until I die. I try my best to stay los, kite, root all the tricks I can. necrotic strikes + purges to my hots is hella strong against me. The only thing outside of tree regrowth spam I have rly is to get the regrowth jukes...even then I have windshear and mind freeze to juke. He'd usually save strangulate for tree form. My dps would always get one ALMOST dead and the priest would life swap. We didnt know what to do. Seems extremely viable right now...more so against me as a druid I suppose.

Anyone have ideas for this?

I realize it's not novel and you probably tried it, but I suspect that the only way to get a kill there is strong CC on the Priest and extreme burst on the Shaman.

I think the other thing that's crucial is to try to kite the DK sufficiently far away from his healers to get him out of position. If he plays it defensively, that should give you a moment to catch your breath and heal up. If he gives chase, a hard swap on him while he's overextended could potentially get a kill.

Deleted
    Why is peeling him not an option? Death Advance, Deathgrip & Windwalk Totem all have a cooldown so i can't see why he can connect often enough to kill you without any interception of your teammates. After all he's just a melee without the mobility of a monk or warrior, i'd probably just kite him to death/boredom. But i might just underestimate their strength with the purges or offensive dispells in general here.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Why is peeling him not an option? Death Advance, Deathgrip & Windwalk Totem all have a cooldown so i can't see why he can connect often enough to kill you without any interception of your teammates. After all he's just a melee without the mobility of a monk or warrior, i'd probably just kite him to death/boredom. But i might just underestimate their strength with the purges or offensive dispells in general here.
    This is a really healer dependent question. Working the dk into forcing some of their cds can lead to some good hard switches on to a healer. Especially if they have an uber offensive disc. Your comp is impossible to swd so a disc in bad position is a very ccd priest. With as burst based as your team is I don't see any reason why a hard switch onto a resto druid/shaman isn't possible.

That said. I hate double healer dk. Good luck

How do they have enough damage output to kill you ???? Get better gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    How do they have enough damage output to kill you ???? Get better gear ?
    You clearly haven't ran against this comp as a healer.

And yes the priest was very offensive.

It's a really tough setup, and what a lot of people don't understand is that healers can actually die faster to DK/Healer/Healer than DK/DPS/Healer. The Death Knight has two healers to keep him topped and out of CC, with the 3-4 trinkets he already has. This means he can literally just run to the healer and stick on him from start to finish - and never has to worry about line of sighting or stopping damage. Their healers are also a double purge setup, which hurts you as a Resto Druid even more.

Your only option really is just to kite as much as you possibly can. Line of sighting the healers is way more important than line of sighting the DK. Take disorienting roar, use it off CD to land clones on the DK when you're not going to get wind sheared. Keep all your HoTs rolling and powershift over and over in travel form round pillars to avoid as many purges as possible.

Your Ret and Hunter are going to have to try and kill the Shaman with CC on the Priest. They might be able to kill the DK if he is sitting Unholy or Frost presence, but if he's Blood pres OR has pet sac (and not conversion) it'll be really difficult.

Your Hunter and Ret want to rotate CC on Priest and train the Shaman into the ground. Without peels from the DK and with a good CC chain they should be able to get a kill in a minute or two - and if the DK comes to peel then he's off your back and you can get mana and health back.

It's a very tough comp for you guys, especially considering it's double purge and your comp isn't exactly strong to begin with.

Yeah, really annoying when people can cheese their way up ratings with this comp or any double healer teams.
    I'm guessing your paladin is using his glyphed turn evil for the dk's pet/gargoyle? (I know it's not much but would help a bit).
    But ye, what snuggli said was good.

Quote Originally Posted by MrImmortal View Post
    Yeah, really annoying when people can cheese their way up ratings with this comp or any double healer teams.
    I'm guessing your paladin is using his glyphed turn evil for the dk's pet/gargoyle? (I know it's not much but would help a bit).
    But ye, what snuggli said was good.

Yea...I would always call it out when he was popping gargoyle, we'd get the fear. Just wasn't enough. It was our first time running all together. We've all known each other awhile. My resto set is also my off spec...so I have only tyrannical weapon and full malv. I'm sure with some time and gear we would last better/kill better.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Their healers are also a double purge setup, which hurts you as a Resto Druid even more.
    You mean it doesn´t hurt as much when you're resto druid, right ?

Just switch up your spells and put Lifebloom first in queue for the dispel order so every time they purge you, they end up helping you heal instead.

Just switch up your spells and put Lifebloom first in queue for the dispel order so every time they purge you, they end up helping you heal instead.
    icy touch also purges.. it was retarded.
    Last edited by Pazzz; 2013-05-13 at 06:52 PM.

Do you play a Resto Druid? (actual question)

The lifebloom heal on dispel isn't nearly enough to heal through a DK training you, even with blooming glyph. Resto Druids are probably the most vulnerable class to purges because without HoTs all they can heal with is Regrowth, which is one of the weakest casted heals in PvP (in comparison to FoL-WoG, Flash Heal, Healing Surge, etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Snuggli, I take it you play with a Resto Druid healer?

Anyway, when we run into this comp as Ret/Unholy/MW, we cc the strong healer and focus the weaker healer while I tank/ hide from the DK. Everytime we make the DK swap target, it's a step in the right direction. I think it was Healadin/ Disc last time. We CC'd the Paladin until he used bubble to break the chain to save the Disc. Hard swapped to the Paladin with CC on the Priest and dropped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Do you play a Resto Druid? (actual question)

The lifebloom heal on dispel isn't nearly enough to heal through a DK training you, even with blooming glyph. Resto Druids are probably the most vulnerable class to purges because without HoTs all they can heal with is Regrowth, which is one of the weakest casted heals in PvP (in comparison to FoL-WoG, Flash Heal, Healing Surge, etc).
    I understand druid may be fairly weak but there is also a ret there. Ret with Selfless healer healing every 12 sec could help you survive quite easily. Also remember about BoP.

It'll be a better match in 5.3 with ret doing more damage and DK doing a little less, hunter burst is getting nerfed but overall damage going up also so you might be able to get some good pressure going.

Run behind a pillar with the DK chasing you, survive the CD while your two dps are CCing the priest and killing the shaman. Something like that. Even if DK hits hard, he shouldnt be able to kill you if you are geared in 1v1. Paladin can heal you as well, and fear the gargoyle. You can juke and cyclone the DK, and just let you hots get you back up. Call stuns on you so the paladin can heal your Necrotik strike debuff up while you cannot heal yourself.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

My favorite part was when I made my 3s team <Nightmare comp> and went 18-0 with my unholy and double healer (Rsham D priest) and then ppl bitched about how 1 dk can out play their 2 dps on forums. Don't be so predictable and you won't get played like a flute.

Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    My favorite part was when I made my 3s team <Nightmare comp> and went 18-0 with my unholy and double healer (Rsham D priest) and then ppl bitched about how 1 dk can out play their 2 dps on forums. Don't be so predictable and you won't get played like a flute.
    What's nightmare comp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    What's nightmare comp?
    A comp name invented by the poster, on his journey to 18-0

Mod Edit: Keep it clean.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-05-15 at 02:14 PM.