Deleted

Casual Player vs Casual

Okay I really want to understand this difference.

I acknowledge two types of casual players. The first casual player that we all know is the one that does not immerse himself in the game as the hardcore players do. But yet s/he still has na active subscription I'm assuming.

The second other type of casual player is what I consider myself to be. NO active subscription, just buy game cards every 5 or 6 months after the end of the game time. But I still play the game to the fullest, doing pvp, pve, raiding and still having strong feelings surfaced when I loose on an epic :,(.
    I also grind and farm dungeons, and I have done normal difficulty raids without loosing much sleep over it.

Another question I would like to ask you is how far my definition of both types of casual players is accurate? And how well are these two groups represented? ANd btw when we are talking about subscription loss we are also including the second type of casuals? How does this affect the subscription loss and the way the game should be considered by Blizz? Should they focus only on the first type of casuals only as they have been doing since cataclysm?

THX for Reading =)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're both casual, no matter how you dice it. I don't see a reason to use a different term. However, it does have an effect on the sub count since Blizzard apparently doesn't count someone whose subscription has been cancelled at the time they did a count.

They focus on both. They focus on anyone willing to play the game. Even if you play and pay for only 6 months out of the year, it's still money in their pocket and whatever they do, it's still catering to you and to virtually everyone else.