Poll: What rate do you want content?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The vast majority of the playerbase enjoy slower patches

So after reading this tweet form someone today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    The vast majority of the playerbase enjoy slower patches so we can enjoy one's content longer. ICC was great.
    I almost fell of my chair, I can't actually believe someone is moaning about getting content to quickly, especialy asking for a repeat of ICC which we had for 13 months.

Since he/she claims to speak for the "vast majority" I thought I would do a quick MMO-C poll.

What do you think of the rate that we are getting the content just now?

Lets try not to make this a hater vs fanboi we might be getting content quickly but it all sucks kind of thread pls
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-05-13 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Speeling

Original source link?

Deleted
    It is in today's news.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...89839702167552

I mean he/she has to be trolling but I thought I should ask the question!

The vast majority is not here dude. MMOChampion is visited by mostly hardcore ex-hardcore wowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has to be a joke. I like and want the fast content patches of MoP.

i think its pretty good right now, typically i get burned out 2 to 3 weeks before the next patch which really isnt alot of time.

im only now getting burned out for 5.2 and tbh its not that im out of content (still have a couple things on my list to do) but its mostly just i need something different, a different zone, some new story ect ect 5.3 should fix that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    The vast majority is not here dude. MMOChampion is visited by mostly hardcore ex-hardcore wowers.
    Yeah for sure

It just 100% demonstrates to me that whatever Blizzard do people will moan and bitch.

I like new content on a regular basis.

I don't really like the fact that the current content is made completely obsolete when the new stuff comes out.

Any way to fix that with WoW's current model? Probably not.

Deleted
    No one can speak on behald of the playerbase, or the majority really, but I'm guessing if you don't have much time to play, and you want to try to keep on top of everything things like when 5.1 came and added another rep and set of dailys it may feel overwhelming. Not for me personally as I was pretty much done with the other reps by then, but I guess I can see how others would enjoy longer periods of time. Odd to use ICC as a reference point though really, if each content patch was as long as that was we'd still be waiting for Ulduar!

Why is some random on Twitter thread-worthy to begin with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I like new content on a regular basis.

I don't really like the fact that the current content is made completely obsolete when the new stuff comes out.

Any way to fix that with WoW's current model? Probably not.
    Probably not, it is at least a bit better than Cata was, especialy 4.3 when all we did was 3 5 mans and 2 wings of LFR.

The 5.0 LFRs are still run quite regularly (I run them on my Main for enchanting mats and on my alt for gear and Sigils).

And while I do really wish we had more 5 mans I prefer having 9 old 5 mans than 3 HoT 5 mans over and over again.

I think it's just about perfect for my personal tastes. I could have used another week or two of fallow time before the last raid patch, but that's just personal scheduling hassles. I finished up the isle of thunder a few weeks back and I'm enjoying having a lighter schedule on my main and having time to look at alts. I don't see much to care about in the new patch coming up. If the Siege of Orgrimmar drops 3 months from now, it'll work just fine with my summer vacation and with folks getting back from school.

Some guilds didn't have a chance to get very far in Tier 14 because a lot of the fights were designed so that one derper can easily wipe the raid. I suspect that if you're in that sort of raid group you probably didn't have enough time in the last tier. I can't see how anybody would categorize that as "the vast majority of the playerbase" with a straight face, though, unless you were a Blizzard dataminer with actual numbers at your fingertips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Why is some random on Twitter thread-worthy to begin with?
    Well it makes a difference from.

"OMFG Blizzard remove LFR and WoW will have 15 million subs" threads

I wouldn't mind if it went a little bit slower, I'm having trouble keeping up. But a year of nothing at all, like post-ICC, certaintly isn't how it should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I wouldn't mind if it went a little bit slower, I'm having trouble keeping up.
    Sure I think I can see a little slower (or a little quicker).

It is not going to be perfect for everyone right?

But can you imagine doing T14 for 13 months?

this is only a pvp reason. longer wait time for patches make the current class balance sink in.

I know I speak for the vast majority of the player base when I say "Hmmmmm". Write it down, query all your friends and guildmates. I'm sure they all say Hmmmm, so with that, more "Hmmmm" should be added to WoW. Subs up +5 million if they do

Deleted
    Meh, the content Bizzard produces nowadays is meant to be finished and tossed away 2 days after it releases (figuratively speaking of course), hence their "release content faster" policy.

Can't see how people would want to hold on to content that cannot and isn't made to last in the first place.

In another World of Warcraft, I would have wanted longer lasting tiers. Not in this one.

I don't think that person even raided during ICC if he has somehow deluded himself into thinking it was anything but fucking painful.

Nostalgia is a bitch.

No way did anyone genuinely enjoy over a year of 1 fucking raid