Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.3 Hawk change - how much of a buff?

Is it a straight 10% damage boost or what?

10% AP.
    Agility will be even more effective for us, and seems it will be more than 10% overall dmg boost, more like 15%

10+ Year Old Account
    Say you have 100 Attack Power, just a number, you currently have 115 as Aspect of the Hawk gives 15% Bonus (100*1.15). In 5.3 you will get a 25% bonus to that original Attack Power so 100*1.25 = 125, 125/115 = 1.087 so its around a 9% Bonus to Attack Power. Being said I am not 100% that 9% more Attack Power will directly increase our damage by 9%.

it will be about a 8-12% DPS increase due to how the Base Damage + %AP calculation works for abilities. %AP increase scales with gear, so no one can rightfully say it's a 10% increase or anything. It makes Hunters scale better with gear too which is great.

Deleted
    Sims about 6.5% for me as SV, about 12.5k on a pure patchwerk fight

There's no way increasing hawk from 15 to 25 would equate to a 10% damage increase. The absolute most it could be, if all our damage was determined by straight AP, is 8.5%. 6-7% is about right.

A lot of our abilities have flat damage components and/or weapon damage components and therefore won't get the full 8.5%.

For me its sims 6.7% as SV. Its not bad, but not that great either since the gap between me and mages/rogues on some fight is greater than that and I have better gear :/

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's not a 10% total damage increase. If you're around ilvl 525, you can expect to gain roughly 10k dps. More if you're in better gear, less if you're in worse gear.

I'm pretty sure I'll still be a fair bit behind our good mage and warlock, but I might be able to keep up with our rogues (on average at least).

Female Dwarf has an option to enable the PTR Changes. Last i simed my character with it. Few weeks ago it was close to a 10k increase.

Better than nothing, atleast Blizz recognised hunters were low on Dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Better than nothing, atleast Blizz recognised hunters were low on Dps.
    Brings us closer to the middle I guess, but still in bottom half.

I'm betting we will need another band aid solution in the next tier as well... 35% Hawk?

I'm wondering when we will get buffs that aren't temporary bandaids that need to be replaced.

According to FD for BM I'll be going from 187k to 215k with ap, blink stirkes and item upgrades. That's kinda huge for us, if she has everything correct . And the beast cleave buff will let us be viable on AOE fights as BM which is great. This should put us on par with rogues and mages, probably. Also, the blink strikes change is a huge buff to target swapping.

I have a feeling blizzard may nerf blink 50% damage boost into a dot at some point.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-05-18 at 04:06 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    According to FD for BM I'll be going from 187k to 215k with ap, blink stirkes and item upgrades. That's kinda huge for us, if she has everything correct . And the beast cleave buff will let us be viable on AOE fights as BM which is great. This should put us on par with rogues and mages, probably. Also, the blink strikes change is a huge buff to target swapping.

I have a feeling blizzard may nerf blink 50% damage boost into a dot at some point.
    A very big part (probably the biggest) of that dps gain you saw in FD comes from item upgrades, which obviously every class is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    A very big part (probably the biggest) of that dps gain you saw in FD comes from item upgrades, which obviously every class is getting.
    You have to do item upgrades manually, and I assume he would have noted that he did upgrade things if he did.

I personally gained about 9.7k according to FD but my ilvl is lower then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Around half was item upgrading

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You have to do item upgrades manually, and I assume he would have noted that he did upgrade things if he did.

I personally gained about 9.7k according to FD but my ilvl is lower then most.
    He did say that he upgraded the items.

Deleted
    How about blink strike? Will this be better then aMoC for SV?
    If so, how much?

Deleted
    for me is simming 6,6% more dmg, 10k~ dps, 528 ilvl.
    Last edited by mmoce055c946cb; 2013-05-18 at 01:42 PM.