Thread: Boomkins!

Boomkins!

Don't see very many boomkins in arena, or even RBGs at that. The ones I do see in arena tho are not good whatsoever! Wondering what's up with the boomy? Like why are there so few, if any "top" rated boomkins. Planing on messing around on my druid, don't really want to play feral anymore so, is boomkin just that bad as a spec in arena/RBGs? (And I'm talking about 3's mostly, but 2's as well)
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2013-05-14 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Balance Druids make up 4% of 2200+ RBG teams right now, they're practically mandatory. For context that puts them on par with Unholy DKs (which are also mandatory). They make up 7% of 2200+ 5v5 teams, also almost mandatory - that makes them as popular for 5's as Shadowpriests or Disc Priests. They make up 3.9% of 2200+ 3v3's, making them more popular in 3's than Unholy DKs or Destro Locks, and about on par with Holy Paladins.

Balance is quite strong right now in the right comps, if you are only seeing bad ones... are you maybe at a sub-2k rating? I don't mean to offend, just that balance takes a relatively high degree of skill to survive with, and only works well with certain comps (but works very well with them) - which means that you will see a pretty massive leap in skill / performance based on rating.

For high rated Balance PvP right now, check out Snuggli or Hotted's Youtube channel in our Youtube Sticky at the top of the forums

Youtube Sticky
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-05-14 at 08:19 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Boomkins are mandatory in RBG-s because of solar beam.

I have a boomkin and I can tell you from my own experience, that 2s are boring as hell. If I dont play with a warlock there is almost nothing I can do to survive. With a shadowpriest we can work out some good kills against hard comps, and maybe with a decent ret or mage as well. But in 2s its not worth playing healer/Boomkin and most other dps classes wont be able to help you out enough.

As for 3s, they are just not popular, too squishy against melees and WAY too proc reliant. If you dont get starsurge procs or/and crit, you do no damage. You dont have a dispel protection. And if you do get crits off, even if they are rare, you just do too much damage. Ive had 3 150k crits in a row ( due to an awesome amount of luck) on a ret paladin whom I had trapped in my solar beam vortex. The poor guy died cursing my class I bet. That most likely will never happen again.

So, reason why boomies aint there in arena : Vulnerable to melee, Very proc/crit reliant to do damage.

Reason why they are alot of boomies in rbg: Solar beam Vortex AEgrip RoF Capacitor totem LOL

Thats that.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

yeah when I was full malv/tyr geared boomy before I switched to guardian, It was easy as pie getting into an RBG, they are pretty much mandatory in RBG's, AOE pressure, good burst with procs, good CC...and solar beam...end of story lol. But yeah I don't see a whole lot in arenas but RBGs man almost eveyteam I see has one almost...Except for the teams I see with 5 locks lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance is really good, when left alone they can do insane damage and pressure, combined with strong offheals. Defensive cd's and mobility are good as well.