Demonology Viability

Heya,

Just wanted to ask whether Demonology is 2.2k+ viable or not.
    Thanks

EDIT: Talkin' bout arenas.
    Last edited by KlayzZ; 2013-05-13 at 07:25 PM.

in patch 5.3 Demonology warlock will be the best flag carrier in the game and it's not even gonna be close.

Oh my bad, didn't specify I was asking about Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    in patch 5.3 Demonology warlock will be the best flag carrier in the game and it's not even gonna be close.
    yea and a single change can buy them back behind the real tanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    It's viable as long as you are playing with a frost mage, however in my opinion, destruction is better for just everything, including arena.
    Also don't Yvaelle too serious when he tells you some crazy story about imps and how amazing the spec is.

Well, you would most likely never die in arena ever in the history of evering.. ever

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's viable as long as you are playing with a frost mage, however in my opinion, destruction is better for just everything, including arena.
    Also don't Yvaelle too serious when he tells you some crazy story about imps and how amazing the spec is.
    Wild Imps are OP in PvE with Lei Shen trinket + Doom spam, but I don't think I've ever mentioned them before in a PvP context.

In PvP I love running a Fel Imp as Affliction/Destruction for the team-dispels, it's way stronger than Mass Dispel and since I'm used to playing Shadow as a dispel bot I think I probably make a lot more use out of it than most Locks would. If I ran Demonology ever in PvP (I haven't even touched it this expansion though, only Destro and Affliction) - it would only be to FC in RBGs: not arenas. Don't hate on Fel Imp Nib - he's like the highest DPS pet and his utility is IMO the best of them all
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate the imp, I just knew you were going to say something about imps ( Didn't mean the wild imps though). You always do that when it's demo related
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-14 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    please do elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    please do elaborate
    DA demo locks have a good amount of dmg reduction (17% melee, 15% spell) from DA form, they have good dmg soaking cooldowns, they have good mobility and last, but it should have been first, they receive 30% less dmg when carrying the flag (as opposed to actual tank specs).
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    please do elaborate
    I think he's talking about the FC nerf in RBGs (damage taken increase)[1]. This means most teams will probably drop tank FCs and bring an extra DPS. An extra DPS can easily change the tides in a team fight just by being there, and then they can go pick up the flag and run it back while the other teams on respawn.

Warlocks will be especially good at this because of port, demonic leap (can you use this while carrying?), the passive defensives they get and also casted defensives like dark bargain.

@Niberion: imps op nerf warlocks

[1] - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/#battlegrounds
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything but gateway works, but you have to pay a lot of attention to your demonic fury as pretty much anything you have will cost a decent amount of fury.

@Snuggli: treants op, nerf boomkins. Is that 5 sec stun still on the ptr?

Everything but gateway works, but you have to pay a lot of attention to your demonic fury as pretty much anything you have will cost a decent amount of fury.
    Pop glyphed imps, send pet on enemy, unload TOC and HoG and use drain life as a filler (KJC for this is best)... repeat toc and hog when it comes off cd.

should be ok if you don't waste your fury on pointless soulfires/unnecessary absorbs-jumps-etc/.
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I think he's talking about the FC nerf in RBGs (damage taken increase)[1]. This means most teams will probably drop tank FCs and bring an extra DPS. An extra DPS can easily change the tides in a team fight just by being there, and then they can go pick up the flag and run it back while the other teams on respawn.

Warlocks will be especially good at this because of port, demonic leap (can you use this while carrying?), the passive defensives they get and also casted defensives like dark bargain.
    ahh, thanks. I knew I had missed something. Demo FC have been quite decent for a while but this will sure make a big difference.

@Snuggli: treants op, nerf boomkins. Is that 5 sec stun still on the ptr?
    Don't know - it's Feral only though Boomkin drop incarnation and get an instant root from that talent, boom.