Progression Advice

Hi,

My guild is currently 5/13H. We are looking at either going after Heroic Megaera or Heroic Council next. Our comp is usually as follows:

Tanks - Bear & Pally
    Melee - Rogue/Warrior/Ret (Usually only take 1-2 per fight)
    Ranged - Warlock/Hunter/Priest/Shaman
    Healers - Priest/Monk/Pally

We cleared Heroic Tortos & Heroic Iron Qon last week pretty easily, but struggled a couple weeks before that with Heroic Horridon. Here are our logs if interested: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/222723/

Any advice from guilds with similar comps?

Thanks in advance!

Given the various heroic progression order threads, I imagine most people will tell you to do Megaera next. We had less trouble with Council than Meg, so I'm going to say go Council.

I agree with Squirl. Go for Heroic Council next. Heroic Megaera is a b*tch on 10 man. Took us much longer to kill than Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk157 View Post
    I agree with Squirl. Go for Heroic Council next. Heroic Megaera is a b*tch on 10 man. Took us much longer to kill than Council.
    this, esp considering you dont have a solar beam

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    this, esp considering you dont have a solar beam
    Can you elaborate on this?

he's referring to controlling the arcane wyrms on heroic magaera (minimizing their damage and the stuns they cast, killing them as fast as possible). solar beam/ursol's vortex, or DK aoe grip + a stun, or in your case, ring of peace, are good ways to deal with them. later in the fight they'll spawn faster than 45 seconds though so you'll want to coordinate with your bear tank and probably rotate using ursol's vortex+capacitor totem and ring of peace

Deleted
    solar beam (or even 2x solar beam with symbiosis on dps-shaman) is extremely useful for the arcane wyrms. ring of peace is also very nice to have.

for me megaera is a little easier than council, but they are almost equally easy/hard.

Quote Originally Posted by carsonlees View Post
    Hi,

My guild is currently 5/13H. We are looking at either going after Heroic Megaera or Heroic Council next. Our comp is usually as follows:

Tanks - Bear & Pally
    Melee - Rogue/Warrior/Ret (Usually only take 1-2 per fight)
    Ranged - Warlock/Hunter/Priest/Shaman
    Healers - Priest/Monk/Pally

We cleared Heroic Tortos & Heroic Iron Qon last week pretty easily, but struggled a couple weeks before that with Heroic Horridon. Here are our logs if interested: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/222723/

Any advice from guilds with similar comps?

Thanks in advance!
    Haven't done council yet, but yes, Megara can be a nightmare for some guilds, it was for mine. People said you don't have symbiosis, not true, your bear tank can give it to you shammy, and it's incredibly valuable on this fight. Root and silenced adds, combined with 2 psy fiends (make sure to get the glyph that keeps them still when feared) will make your life a lot easier if you do heroic Megara.

The big thing with that fight is that your dps must be solid enough to burn down heads before adds become a problem, you ideally want the boss to die before a second set of adds comes out, and you want to cc the first set. If you actually try to kill the adds, there's a good chance it will take too long and more adds will spawn (and the tanks will take much more damage as the heads stay up). On the 4th and 5th head you will have two sets of adds which makes it even more important that they are cc'ed and the heads are burnt down (on these two it really takes a toll) the 7th head will have 3 sets of adds - so CC is critical (this phase you can use just about any cc you have as you won't need to kill them though).

Beyond that, the damage in the later portions of the fight is pretty insane as you might expect, make sure you plan out your cooldown usage before you do this fight. I'd also recommend popping 3 min CD's on the 2nd and 5th head (hopefully they refresh towards the end of the 7th head) and use lust on the sixth.

I could also suggest going for Primordius; he's not actually bad at all. Very comp specific (as in locks totally and utterly OP on this) but mechanically a very simple fight that boils down to whether ou have the dps or not. We killed council > primo > meg and he was the easiest of the bunch for us.

Deleted
    We haven't done Meg yet (hoping for some time on her this week) we actually went;

Breaker -> Horridon -> Jikun -> Qon -> Tortos -> Council -> Primo -> Twin Consorts.

Out of that list i'd say Consorts is really easy if your DPSers are good. I wouldn't suggest the order we did the bosses in though, depending on setup and what not i'd say

Breaker > Jikun > Tortos == Horridon > Qon (if you have a prot paladin atleast) > Twins > Council > Primo.

Sadly since i haven't done Meg yet I can't place her anywhere on this list...

Deleted
    Honestly council is pretty straight forwards, it's not particularly straining at any point other than tank damage while Frost Lord is up, so i'd say go Council > Meg. The only part that can really shaft you hardcore on meg is adds running wild and stunning people or rampage damage, but that's not a huge problem if you rotate cooldowns properly

Deleted
    why is everybody rating durumu so highly in terms of difficulty?

We have been progressing on Maegra for 3 days now, with no solarbeam, no plate dps, i can tell you, its a bitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    why is everybody rating durumu so highly in terms of difficulty?
    Personal responsibility, high concentrated damage requirement, phobias of floating eyes

I'd suggest doing Council > Magaera tbh. Both fights gets very much easier with better DPS. On our kill for council we were getting Sul to 25% before the first empowerment switch, he was dead before the 3rd switch which makes things much easier. Your guardian can seriously reduce the incoming dmg from Frost King by having 100% uptime on Savage Defence when he's buffed, negates the need for a tank swap most of the time too.

For Magaera we seriously didn't have many of the problems other guys are mentioning (Adds mostly). They die so damn fast and can be CCd by everything when needed. On the last head the adds can overrun you if you're not fast enough getting the head down (If CCing them adds that is) but apart from that don't be put off by the adds. We had no Solarbeam either, just a warrior charging in and DPSing them to keep aggro.

I would rate Durumu higher in difficulty than the others as well. The Light Spectrum can be unforgiving sometimes especially when you're getting Life Drain with only 2 other people in range etc. Not to mention the bug with the Amber light ffs! It was probably the cause of 50% of our wipes on Durumu, where the amber fog isn't exposed yet blows up anyway... Very frustrating boss than needs good execution. I daresay Twins is actually easier. With a good tactic and good DPS twins is definitely easier than Durumu. We even 3-healed Twins and beat enrage, it's not too tough. Pop xuen (blue totem thing) for the first Tidal waves, green totem for the first inferno, yellow for the 2nd Tidal waves (+ personals). If you get a 2nd inferno just group and heal behind the comet, it's not tough to heal through. Boss dies, gj.