PvP Tank Gemming in 5.3

With the resil gems being reduced 50% Would it now be smartest for tanks to go hybrid gems like the following:

Main stat+stam and Main stat+dodge

or pure main stat in red slots? (Agi is a nice stat for bears like me, but having rediculous sta might be a nice buffer.

Or is the % of resil we will still be able to get from gemming straight resil still out-weigh the gems above even after the 50% value reduction?

Thanks for any ideas/conjecture in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    if your trying to fc next patch?your going to have a hard time finding teams i think.5.3 might kill prot fcers.

That's a common minconception at the moment. Except for a tank gemmed/enchanted lock, Guardians and Prot Warriors will still be the FC and node holder of choice.

Think about the live environment and be honest - who would you rather have holding your flag in the flag room right now? A resto druid or say Arms warrior at 5 stacks or a fully tank spec'd gemmed Tank at 8 stacks.

It's a rhetorical question if you honestly think on current live servers the healer or dps with 5 would last longer, you haven't RBG'd much. And that's the scenario 30% more damage to the tank class.

It will simply remove the "waiting for 5 stacks" from alot of FC play. Plus burst damage it getting nerfed quite abit, lending even more credence to Prot/tank specs not going anywhere.

Thankfully I run my own RBG so I don't have to worry but I am sorry for all the other tank classes that will be blackballed from RBGs by bad information/understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkwood96 View Post
    That's a common minconception at the moment. Except for a tank gemmed/enchanted lock, Guardians and Prot Warriors will still be the FC and node holder of choice.

Think about the live environment and be honest - who would you rather have holding your flag in the flag room right now? A resto druid or say Arms warrior at 5 stacks or a fully tank spec'd gemmed Tank at 8 stacks.

It's a rhetorical question if you honestly think on current live servers the healer or dps with 5 would last longer, you haven't RBG'd much. And that's the scenario 30% more damage to the tank class.

It will simply remove the "waiting for 5 stacks" from alot of FC play. Plus burst damage it getting nerfed quite abit, lending even more credence to Prot/tank specs not going anywhere.

Thankfully I run my own RBG so I don't have to worry but I am sorry for all the other tank classes that will be blackballed from RBGs by bad information/understanding.
    Demonology warlock will just reforge/gem mastery.

In regular form, mastery will give him damage, in demon hunter form (from the glyph) his mastery will give him damage reduction instead.

In other words, a demonology warlock doesn´t have to gem like a tank in order to gain tankyness.

Add in the 30% dmg taken difference between dps specs and tank specs thats coming in 5.3 and you have a vastly superior carrier in the form of a demo lock.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2013-05-13 at 08:10 PM.

I get that about demo locks, but if they REALLY went full survival they would be undoubtedly untouchable as the best FC, I bet if things go live as is, all "serious" high rated teams will probably employ a demo lock FC.

But I think the "next best choice" will still be a traditional tank FC, but the gap between them and another spec is definiltely alot smaller making low-mid bgs very doable without a designated FC.