Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Its May 13th and people really think 5.4 will last until far into next year? Very early 2014 at most.
    based on previous history with blizzard I wouldn't find it surprising if 5.4 lasted till mid 2014... or more... How long did ICC last again ? or DS ?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    So what's the end boss of this expansion, a fluffy panda?
    yes, a fluffy panda eating a bamboo stick and drinking ale... garrosh is just cannonfodder being controlled by this fluffy panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    a warmongering homicidal orc who is using ancient long dead powers to empower and mutate his army into blood thirsty emotion eating sha....

or yes, a fluffy panda

Doubtful, Blizzard has some secret way to not repeat ICC and DS, what that is I have no clue but will be interesting to see.

No....it's most likely Garrosh.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    based on previous history with blizzard I wouldn't find it surprising if 5.4 lasted till mid 2014... or more... How long did ICC last again ? or DS ?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:01 PM ----------

yes, a fluffy panda eating a bamboo stick and drinking ale... garrosh is just cannonfodder being controlled by this fluffy panda.

The whole point they've been emphasizing on is that they intend to go with shorter patch cycles and release patches and expansions quicker than before. So far, they've done the patches part -- how far of a stretch would it to be assume they will manage the expansion part too?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

I certainly hope not...

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be amazing to have a new expansion between January-june time but that doesn't give us much time to prepare if they announce it at blizzcon >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    a warmongering homicidal orc who is using ancient long dead powers to empower and mutate his army into blood thirsty emotion eating sha....

or yes, a fluffy panda
    Yeah that homicidal orc that used to be regularly killed by a bunch of Alliance players in greens and blues.

They are going to have to... more scenarios and dailies aren't going to keep people around but maybe that's their plan since they are expecting more subs to be lost before the years end. And if it is the plan then that just means they don't have any intentions of changing the path this expansion is heading.

Early 2014 imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    The whole point they've been emphasizing on is that they intend to go with shorter patch cycles and release patches and expansions quicker than before. So far, they've done the patches part -- how far of a stretch would it to be assume they will manage the expansion part too?
    they';ve been emphasizing that since tbc... at least now with MoP it's indeed more visible (although if u ask me I prefered the older cycles with actual dungeons added instead of a few 5min scenarios)...

The new expansion is going to be announced at BC 2013.

Release will be around November 2014. It's very unlikely we will see it before or during the summer. People said that when MoP wasn't released yet and they were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if they expect more sub losses before the year is out. Expansions typically stop the bleeding if only briefly.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Release will be around November 2014. It's very unlikely we will see it before or during the summer. People said that when MoP wasn't released yet and they were wrong.
    Agreed first quarter 2014 is way too soon I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Agreed first quarter 2014 is way too soon I think people are getting ahead of themselves.
    lol do you even realize what november 2014 would mean? especially if they don't realease another tier between SoO and 6.0 ? wow would be dead I mean literally no1 would still play...

Christmas or early 2014. This game is hemorrhaging subs and they need to stop the bleeding. That as well as their plan to speed up patches and expacs.
    Christmas would be ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they want to be releasing expansions every year... I'm going to assume we'll hear something within the next couple months and then hear the whole thing at blizzcon... that is if they didn't change their ideology after losing 1.3 mil subs.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

I think November is a bit too far. There was ~22 months between BC and WotLK; ~25 months between WotLK and Cata; and ~21 months between Cata and MoP. If they brought it out in November it would be ~26 months between MoP and the new expansion, which would be the longest period between expansions. It's possible, but they've continually tried to say the want to bring out expansions more quickly, now:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...41745776689152

It would be counter-productive to make the gap the longest there's been.
    Last edited by Fablewynd; 2013-05-13 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not. they havent even hit 5.4 the expansion is only 8 months old. if they launched a beta this summer the game wouldnt even be a year old and over with already.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Considering they want to be releasing expansions every year... I'm going to assume we'll hear something within the next couple months and then hear the whole thing at blizzcon... that is if they didn't change their ideology after losing 1.3 mil subs.
    Given the timing of everything, with the SoO likely coming out so early (September release is fairly likely) and BlizzCon happening so late, I could definitely see a pre-BlizzCon announcement of expansion 5. I don't think Blizzard would want to have a potentially 2+ month period where the SoO is released yet there is no new publicly known expansion coming down the pipeline.

My guess is that they'll release a teaser and some basic information before, but keep a couple major features under wraps until BlizzCon, which will also feature the unveiling of their new MMO.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

It is not going to be out this year but I would imagine that they will trying for an as early as possible release next year.