Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The new expansion is going to be announced at BC 2013.

Release will be around November 2014. It's very unlikely we will see it before or during the summer. People said that when MoP wasn't released yet and they were wrong.
    ROFL november? I really hope that was a typo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    lol do you even realize what november 2014 would mean? especially if they don't realease another tier between SoO and 6.0 ? wow would be dead I mean literally no1 would still play...
    im going to be frank and call bullshit. i dont play WoW, im not a WoW hater but id be willing to bet that even if SoO lasted 8-10 months there'd still be 4-5 million people playing and thats low balling it. would people be pissed off? sure they would and the sub numbers would reflect that but to think that literally nobody would still be playing is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    I think November is a bit too far. There was ~22 months between BC and WotLK; ~25 months between WotLK and Cata; and ~21 months between Cata and MoP. If they brought it out in November it would be ~26 months between MoP and the new expansion, which would be the longest period between expansions. It's possible, but they've continually tried to say the want to bring out expansions more quickly, now:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...41745776689152

It would be counter-productive to make the gap the longest there's been.
    It could also be that they announce the next XPac at E3 in June, 5.4 comes out july/late june, And the release date gets announced with blizzcon. (launching in, say, jan/feb) With the system patch landing 4 weeks beforehand (6.0)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they properly execute their plan we should see the next Expansion around March. But I think they will fall behind by at least 2 months.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Highly doubtful.

I think they are aiming for 18-20 month time frame.

So that is spring(ish) 2014.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    The new expansion is going to be announced at BC 2013.

Release will be around November 2014. It's very unlikely we will see it before or during the summer. People said that when MoP wasn't released yet and they were wrong.
    What the hell?

So they have said the following so far.

SoO will be the last raid of MoP.

The want to release expansions quicker.

They are aiming for 6 months between raids.

November 2014 means that there will be roughly 14 months of SoO.

That would be a total utter train wreck imo.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It could also be that they announce the next XPac at E3 in June, 5.4 comes out july/late june, And the release date gets announced with blizzcon. (launching in, say, jan/feb) With the system patch landing 4 weeks beforehand (6.0)

I feel this wouldn't be a bad way to handle this, and this seems the most likely. They like putting xpacks out during christmas time (if they can) I really don't think very late Q1-early Q2 2014 would be healthy or necessary, let alone Q3 and Q4. That'd be destructive. They also said they'd try to refrain from doing Halion patches, and even those would be able to only stall it so much, so yeah.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

First there's the habit of waiting till the second half of the year for patch 5.4 release. Then you can expect Blizzcon to open up some insight on what the next expansion would be. Then expect a release date of late summer- early fall of 2014.

Blizzard tends to go about 2 years between WoW expansion releases.

Vanilla - November 2004
    TBC - January 2007
    Wrath - November 2008
    Cataclysm - December 2010
    MoP - September 2012

Of course, that's just a pattern that Blizzard doesn't have to follow...but if they continue this pattern, I doubt we'll be seeing the next WoW expansion until maybe mid to late 2014.

Autumn 2014 is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfir View Post
    Autumn 2014 is my guess.
    I can't see it being this late MOP is bleeding subs and they are going to want to try to stop that with a new expansion as soon as possible.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    But yeah ... another year of MoP ... at losing 1,5 million subscribers per quarter, don't know... I think WoW might go F2P before this year is over.
    And lose out on all the cash from 8.5 million subcriptions? Doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it ... spring 2014 at earliest, but autumn 2014 seems more realistic...

Although ... they did say they wanted to push out expansions faster and faster...

But yeah ... another year of MoP ... at losing 1,5 million subscribers per quarter, don't know... I think WoW might go F2P before this year is over.
    Bro you really think WoW is keep losing 1,5M subs? Seriously just seriously?.
    The drop will slow down after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

My guestimate:

Patch 5.4 in August or September.

Expansion announcement at Blizzcon in November.

Beta testing begins in January.

Release can come as early as April, though they may wait until school/and college aged players have finished classes, pushing it back until late May or early June. As long as it takes less than 21 months, it will be their fastest expansion cycle yet.

They'll have 5-6 million at the end of the year IF they are very lucky.

Bookmark this btw, so you can click on it after the 2013 Q4 call. :P

It seems like I have read this before..

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They'll have 5-6 million at the end of the year IF they are very lucky.

Bookmark this btw, so you can click on it after the 2013 Q4 call. :P
    Will do. And 5-6 million subscriptions is a lot to lose by going free to play.

How has this thread dragged on this long?

Blizzard has already stated their releases for this year and the next wow expansion was not one of them.

Was never going to be out this year, guessing mid-summer 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    Burning Crusade came out in January, Cata in December, and Wrath in November. Mists was September, so there's not been one in Summer, and only one that could be considered an autumnal release.
    That doesn't matter in the slightest as they stated that they wanted and intend to release expansions faster than they have in the past. That means the 2 year gap between BC and Wrath and between Wrath and Cata mean exactly nothing anymore. They're target is seemingly ~18-20 months. That would put 6.0 in the summer.

It's been every two years so far. I don't see this changing now, so no. It'll be sometime next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet right after blizzcon or even at blizzcon the beta starts as big surprise =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post