Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    It will probably announced at Blizzcon, in november. Let say they announce beta not long after, in december or january, expect 5-6 months of beta, so it goes in may or june 2014.
    This seems a pretty reasonable guess. Not really sure if Beta would be around December / January though. Seems a bad time of the year.

Im guessing spring of next year. Id guess 18 months after the release on MoP.

They wont even announce it more then likely til blizzcon which is in the fall. Summer 2014 or fall of that year unless they have been really working on it hard and heavy and the beta will fallow the announcement within a week or so then maybe and only maybe Q1 2014 but this year is a safe bet for no.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet would be this:

May 21 2013 -- 5.3
    July 30 2013 -- 5.4, News about Blizzard trademarking possible next expansion name
    October 1 2013 -- Blizzard announces new Expansion
    November 8 2013 -- Titan teaser, Annual Pass, Expansion details, WoW beta starting within a week
    March 4 2014 -- New expansion release.
    December 16 2014 -- Titan release

I think that the consumer reaction to the next WoW expansion will decide how they move forward with Titan. WoW is no where near dying but it is going to be weird for them to have two MMOs out at once creating competition for themselves. Maybe Titan is F2P. Maybe they change us to having a subscription to our Bnet account rather than a specific game. Maybe Titan becomes their priority and WoW's business model changes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    0.1% chance that they will release the next expansion this year?

If I see Greg Street or Tom Chilton working on Titan, or CRZ in the game, I can tell you what I won't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It could also be that they announce the next XPac at E3 in June, 5.4 comes out july/late june, And the release date gets announced with blizzcon. (launching in, say, jan/feb) With the system patch landing 4 weeks beforehand (6.0)
    So, there are two Tuesdays left in May after tomorrow and there has been no release candidate on the PTR for patch 5.3 and 5.4 is going to be released 2-3 weeks after 5.3?

5.3 will likely be released in early June to pad sub numbers for Q2 end and I doubt there are going to release another raid patch in 4-6 weeks. 3-4 months has been the timing between patches which would mean Aug or Sept for 5.4 and if they intend 5.4 to last 4 months, that puts into early 2014. Realistically I suspect they think a final tier is okay to go for 6 months.

Maybe they'll rush something if the bleeding continues, but I doubt they can or would, especially since they don't seem to know why they're losing subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinari View Post
    If I see Greg Street or Tom Chilton working on Titan, or CRZ in the game, I can tell you what I won't buy.
    What does that have anything to do with the thread?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

not sure why you think we'll get a new expansion this year. MoP hasn't even been out for a year yet, and expansions normally last 2 years. we'll probably get the information on the next expansion at blizzcon, and the expansion will come out next year in the fall.

I can see it being announced by the end of the year, or at least the name and the theme for it will be announced, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    spring/summer next year
    Ridiculous. You're clueless.

Next spring,2014, is likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    5.2 - March
    5.3 - May
    5.4 - August/September
    MAYBE 5.5 - Novemver
    6.0 - January-March

Content Tiers usually last around 6 months. End tiers often longer due to delays.
    This seems pretty accurate by the way the patches are coming along!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Ridiculous. You're clueless.

Next spring,2014, is likely
    you call somebody clueless for saying the exact same time you are? spring next year,.. is 2014. talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I hope so, were in need for another expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glovernator View Post
    I hope so, were in need for another expansion
    no we dont actually. the expansion is amazingly fun. ive loved everything about it. what we need is a new community.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way, next expansion comes in 2013..

In MoP, they have rushed the content too much already..
    Just take a look at ToT, Blizzard promised us a raid that was as epic as Ulduar, instead we got a Bottom 3 raid, which is too linear, too much trash and too boring bosses... The worst boss (Tortos) in the entire game, along with Dark Animus, Elder Counsil, Twins, Primordus (Gollum ripoff) and Iron Qon, makes this instance a total failure.

We need MORE time between patches, but also more content in each patch that takes LONG time (2-3 months is fine) to complete..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-14 at 08:08 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blizzard promised us a raid that was as epic as Ulduar, instead we got a Bottom 3 raid, which is too linear, too much trash and too boring bosses... The worst boss (Tortos) in the entire game, along with Dark Animus, Elder Counsil, Twins, Primordus (Gollum ripoff) and Iron Qon, makes this instance a total failure.
    While of course blizzard can never please everyone, I do think you are in the minority that think ToT is one of the worst raids ever.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-month-review

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Announcement at Blizzcon (or sooner, maybe) - Beta in December - Release early March/April/late May?

Hey, that's probable.

Quote Originally Posted by stormich50 View Post
    Expansions were always announced like a year before release, so if they wait until blizzcon now that means it's going to be announced 2 months or less before release?...
    If I had to guess - Summer / Fall 2014. Imho, I felt they have rushed the content out too quick for HoF, ToES, and ToT. As far as raid difficulty... an interesting article that was posted on these forums...

http://www.restokin.com/2013/04/the-...tion-overload/
    Last edited by Dolus; 2013-05-15 at 11:55 AM.

5.3 is next week, week afterwards at the latest.

5.4 will be on the PTR within 2 weeks, I'm guessing. 10 weeks to beta it, maybe 12 if they have issues or if we're getting a surprise extra (like transmog was).

So that puts 5.4 out in early/mid August. They've been saying that they don't want the last raid of the expansion to take 10-12 months, so there's a cap on how late it will be. They also run pre-expansion betas for 4-6 months to work out the kinks, so there's a limit on how early it will be. I think that they won't put out the pre-expansion beta until the world's first race is over, which these days seems to take 3-6 weeks.

They want something big to show at Blizzcon. I'm guessing we'll have a filler patch to keep us interested between SoO and Blizzcon, then the expansion and PTR will be announced at the con, possibly PTR playable the week afterwards.

So 4 months to beta test puts us at March of 2014, 8 months of SoO.