Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Besides, where do you think Russia gets that oil from?
    Russia is the largest producer of oil in the world.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I would say "important", not "utterly vital". And as Jackmoves said, nobody is talking about an embargo of any sort.
    No, you're talking about asking another nation to transform their society which has been very, very successful and lucrative for them to match that of western values, which is in a cesspit of its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like those sanctions put on North Korea, Syria, Iran, Iraq & Afghanistan, all of which are running around with Russian or Chinese Weapons, Technology & Training.
    Those sanctions which are actually having serious effects on the quality of life and economic prosperity of the sanctioned nations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Oh, you mean like... the US of A?
    While we've got problems with theocrats, we're nowhere near the level of theocracy that you see in the middle east. Don't even compare the two.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Russia is the largest producer of oil in the world.
    Russia isn't going to drill its own Oil Day #1. It'll drain oil from other areas or nations first, so that as Oil becomes a rarer commodity, it'll then drill internally, and sell for a far higher price.

Oil in Russia is safe, but who knows what'll happen tomorrow in the Middle East. Why not tap their first, and dry it out, before it all blows up?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're talking about asking another nation to transform their society which has been very, very successful and lucrative for them to match that of western values, which is in a cesspit of its own.
    The society is not what has been lucrative. The focus around the production and distribution of crude petroleum has.

They're just like any other third world state that relies on a single product for more than half of their revenues; it just so happens that their commodity happens to be a tiny bit more critical than others.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like those sanctions put on North Korea, Syria, Iran, Iraq & Afghanistan, all of which are running around with Russian or Chinese Weapons, Technology & Training.
    All of those things are denied and done under handed. How does that reflect in oil trading? You are saying Russia, the largest producer of oil in the world, would openly violate a sanction to buy oil from UAE?

No, but the deals done inside the UAE because of their society, that acts a medium for both Western & Middle-Eastern cultures, is what heats your home.
    No, it does not. I want to hear how oil from Middle East keeps me safe though. Reiterate more on that one.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Those sanctions which are actually having serious effects on the quality of life and economic prosperity of the sanctioned nations?
    They're not having serious effects in all of the nations. North Korea is the only one that pops out to me as suffering, but their leadership doesn't care.

The remaining nations are corrupt, so every year when us morale crusaders give them millions to spend on aid, they just spend on themselves in other areas. Seriously, the world isn't a cute, cuddly My Little Pony adventure. It is a dark, crude and sly place filled with a lot more webs and tricks then you could know.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Just because we have strictly biased religious right-wingers who TRY to bring their beliefs into law, doesn't mean they can and do without resistance. If America was as Christian as the UAE is Islamic, our children would have mandatory prayer, and even uttering a hint of being gay or atheist would be a crime.
    Of course it's not as bad as in the UAE, but you can't deny it's there. Why do you think gay marriage is illegal? Why do you think confessional privilege exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia isn't going to drill its own Oil Day #1. It'll drain oil from other areas or nations first, so that as Oil becomes a rarer commodity, it'll then drill internally, and sell for a far higher price.

Oil in Russia is safe, but who knows what'll happen tomorrow in the Middle East. Why not tap their first, and dry it out, before it all blows up?
    Which is an extraordinarily stupid policy for the reason it counts on technology remaining stagnant.

All of those things are denied and done under handed. How does that reflect in oil trading? You are saying Russia, the largest producer of oil in the world, would openly violate a sanction to buy oil from UAE?
    I'm not talking directly about Oil trading, I'm talking about their society, which allows Oil Trades, Chemical, Gas, Ore, Uranium, and so much more! Stop missing the point.

No, it does not.
    What are you trying to get at, your home is heating by burning Hamsters?

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 02:49 PM ----------

Which is an extraordinarily stupid policy for the reason it counts on technology remaining stagnant.
    No ... It is a policy that counts on Western Society always running in to the Middle East, causing havoc and chaos, and disrupting the Oil Lines. Which, surprise surprise, seems to be an annual event for us lot!

We SHOULD dry out the Middle East, just to prove to their oily faces how much they depend on the western world. When they're out of oil.. what other import do they have? The country, as to my knowledge of economic 101, will collapse into another 3rd world country of abandoned splendor.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-05-14 at 01:50 PM. Reason: phone typos

10+ Year Old Account
    They are already the largest producer of oil. They are already drilling... What are you talking about day one? Today, even if you think today is day one, they are the number one producer.

Because that is not what they are doing. They produce more oil than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not having serious effects in all of the nations. North Korea is the only one that pops out to me as suffering, but their leadership doesn't care.
    They are, point of fact. Iran's share of oil exports has been decreasing rapidly, for instance, while Syria is suffering from severe levels of inflation.

The remaining nations are corrupt, so every year when us morale crusaders give them millions to spend on aid, they just spend on themselves in other areas. Seriously, the world isn't a cute, cuddly My Little Pony adventure. It is a dark, crude and sly place filled with a lot more webs and tricks then you could know.
    Ha. You obviously know next to nothing about me if you think that's how I view the world.

We SHOULD dry out the Middle East, just to prove to their oily faces how much they depend on the western world. When they're out of oil.. what other import do they have? The country, as to my knowledge of economic 101, will collapse into another 3rd world country of abandoned splendor.
    They're not likely to run out of oil in the near future, to concern is mainly down to instability in the region. All these uprisings have caused an impact on the Oil Network, so reserved have been used to top up the coffers in recent years.

Imagine that occurring on a massive scale, for many more years? I don't know the estimates, not looked in a long time, but Oil in the Middle East is big business, and will be for the next 50 - 70 years minimum. During that time, refining will get better, making every gallon of Oil go further, and last longer, but until we hit some of the new technological milestones, they'll drill from the Middle East, until they shut their borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    No ... It is a policy that counts on Western Society always running in to the Middle East, causing havoc and chaos, and disrupting the Oil Lines. Which, surprise surprise, seems to be an annual event for us lot!
    Again, very droll. As I said, it relies on technology remaining stagnant and oil being as critical further down the road as it is currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just said their oil accounts for my survival. I don't understand this double talk...

The only thing that is worse than women being imprisoned for being raped, is the people who fence sit and pussyfoot about it.

This is a shitty policy. It's a gross violation of human rights. It should not be tolerated.

If you saw your neighbor dragging a kicking and screaming woman through his front door would you
    A: Get out there and confront him.
    B: Close your curtains, and put on ear muffs. ?

They are already the largest producer of oil. They are already drilling... What are you talking about day one? Today, even if you think today is day one, they are the number one producer.
    So you believe Russia is tapping all of their Oil Fields right now, rather then bringing in a large amount from the Middle East. Also, be warned! A lot of producer numbers don't or do (this is the issue) include any form of filtration and refinement. Take out Refineries & Filtration, then I don't think they're Number 1.

Because that is not what they are doing. They produce more oil than anyone else.
    Again, see my first point. Got any statistics that prove your point?

if the uae woke up tomorrow without oil, they have enough money to go on for atlest 20more years
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"