Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    While no one is denying that these acts were pretty damn bad... what we're saying is that war does crazy things to people. If we can forgive women who kill their husbands because they've been abused, why do we find it so hard to forgive soldiers for bad things they do when other people are trying to kill them on a daily basis (Often is grimly creative ways such as the baby-grenades used in Vietnam)?
    becouse the female is killing her tormentor and saving her life while the this particular soldier is being a lowlife scum tormenting killing and raping innocents/other honorable soldiers and becouse of this ending up being nothing else but the worst lowlife scum on the planet dressed up as a soldier. Not to mention he actually disgrace every proper soldier and all they fought for with hes actions along with there country. This was not obv to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You what.. Not everyone feels that way you know. Don't try to impose upon others what you feel it should be.
    did I impose on others? I stated my opinion like every1 else in this thread I didn't say they should be glad they're not dead... I said I would be glad if I just got away with rape(doubt it would be considered rape in my case cause I lack the high moral standards that some broads would have, I'd prolly volunteer myself)...

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    becouse the female is killing her tormentor and saving her life while the this particular soldier is being a lowlife scum tormenting killing and raping innocents/other honorable soldiers and becouse of this ending up being nothing else but the worst lowlife scum on the planet dressed up as a soldier. Not to mention he actually disgrace every proper soldier and all they fought for with hes actions along with there country. This was not obv to you?
    She's not saving her life unless the guy presented himself as a threat TO her life.

Put it this way. We forgive women who kill their own kids because they've gone nuts. Why is this different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    To be honest; 1930-40s the entire time, the entire "civilized" world gave no real rights to women. You are talking about a time when God reigned supreme, and it was heresy to even think about science on the level of Darwinism. During this time, like it or not, most of the world thought women as mostly property. People will say there were equal rights, but, we a know, it was bull, as we are still having fights over it TODAY.
    That is simply not true. I know the Germans had a lot of respect for German women. Yes, they may have had a different role than males, but that didn't make them less valuable or less respected. Even if their role was to raise and teach children, they weren't looked down upon at all.

And you also seem to think people in the 1930-40s were cavemen who didn't understand science? Pretty much the entire modern world was invented just before or during WWII. The entire space race along with the moonlanding can be traced back to German rocketscientists. Television, cars, radar, jet fighters, stealth technology, internet, you name it... they all were invented before, during or just after the war. I really don't know what you're talking about when you say people of 1930-40s were only thinking about god and science was heresy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    Someone explain what kinda planet this guy lives on?

She's not saving her life unless the guy presented himself as a threat TO her life.

Put it this way. We forgive women who kill their own kids because they've gone nuts. Why is this different?
    Do they? Not sure if I've ever seen someone be okay with a mother killing their kids in any regard. Now, a woman killing their abusive husband, yeah I can see that. Hell, it's one of the main points a defense attorny will use is that the killing woman was abused.

This is completely different though. This is the enslavment of women who are from countries that Japan was invading. Why? Because Japanese soldiers need to get their rocks off in order to fight? Bullshit.

Okay, everyone, get your heads out of your asses with this. This is not an okay thing to do by any means. This is not some "war isn't black and white," bullshit. This is nearly as black as you can get.

Look at the US bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, THAT is grey. That's something both sides can argue about whether it was right or wrong. The slavery and rape of women to "help" soldiers fight a war they lost anyway, is NOT grey. God, it honestly scares me to think that this mentality actually exists in this modern of an age.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also let's not forget that in Japan isn't that big of a deal as in the western countries... they are very desensibilized(spelling xD) to it due to media and stuff like that...

Don't take that guy seriously, Japan doesn't either....
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    He seems to be a controversial guy, ive seen some rather "odd" quotes from him. Even prior to and during him becoming Mayor.
    Forced prostitution might be a hard sell /facepalm. Pretty horrible stuff happened in that area during WWII.

10+ Year Old Account

How were comfort women analogous to an abusive husband?

I dont think many people are really clear on what being a WW2 Japanese "comfort woman" means.

"According to testimony, young women from countries under Japanese Imperial control were abducted from their homes. In many cases, women were also lured with promises of work in factories or restaurants. Once recruited, the women were incarcerated in "comfort stations" in foreign lands.[14] A Dutch government study described how the Japanese military itself recruited women by force in the Dutch East Indies.[15] It revealed that a total of 300 Dutch women had been coerced into Japanese military sex slavery."

"Approximately three quarters of comfort women died, and most survivors were left infertile due to sexual trauma or sexually transmitted disease.[40] According to Japanese soldier Yasuji Kaneko. "The women cried out, but it didn't matter to us whether the women lived or died. We were the emperor's soldiers. Whether in military brothels or in the villages, we raped without reluctance."[41] Beatings and physical torture were said to be common."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_women

So even by taking the conservative number of 20000 women. Over 6600 of them was raped and tortured to death for the lulz. The ones who stayed alive spent the rest of their lives with their minds and bodies traumatized and ravaged.

Prostitution is one thing. While I am no fan of it, I can live with it. The rape, torture and killing of women and girls (and most of them where just that very young girls) for "Morale" is not something I am willing to accept or tolerate.

I dont give a fuck what is your excuse. War is a shit hole. I agree. But that is why we have officers. And a chain of command. And military code of conduct. Discipline must be maintained. Otherwise you lose the moral high ground and you are no better then the people you are fighting. And the excuse that women are "Spoils of war" is absurd. They where Spoils of War when we seen women as nothing more then property. But women aren't property. They are people. And if you cant fucking see that much, you dont deserve to breath my air.

(And I'm no pro-feminist neo-blablabla whatever. I refuse to see women as anything more then a man, and I refuse to give them any preferential treatment. But I also refuse to see a woman less then it is. A person. It's not an object of entertainment, a bleeding rubber doll you can abuse and throw away.)

Why is this even fucking arguement in the first place? Just because someone is trying to kill you, you somehow got a free pass to stop being a human?

Anyone else think it's funny that a people that typically carry on about honor are some of the least honorable in wartime?

I think it's funny.

Anyway, if it were up to me all rapists would be executed. Luckily for a great number of people, including my father(read his journals for the lulz) it isn't up to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Is it bad that I've actually watched that hentai?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    did I impose on others? I stated my opinion like every1 else in this thread I didn't say they should be glad they're not dead... I said I would be glad if I just got away with rape(doubt it would be considered rape in my case cause I lack the high moral standards that some broads would have, I'd prolly volunteer myself)...
    "Just got away with rape". Yeah, no. It's traumatizing and it's given me real bad problems. It's not "just". There's been times where I've wanted to be dead or wished he killed me instead of living mentally broken like now.

Deleted
    "Just got away with rape". Yeah, no. It's traumatizing and it's given me real bad problems. It's not "just". There's been times where I've wanted to be dead or wished he killed me instead of living mentally broken like now.
    Ok, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Now, I can't relate, but I understood this is a traumatising experience.

That said, try to make yourself think this way: the person who did it is a criminal, and you have no reason to be ashamed of what happened, he does. Try to transform your misery into hatred for this person and those alike them. While it won't solve the problem 100%, it will make you feel better in time. However, as it stands, I'm not a therapist so yea... I don't mean to be rude or anything, just asking, have you went to see a thereapist regarding this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Prostitution is one thing. While I am no fan of it, I can live with it. The rape, torture and killing of women and girls (and most of them where just that very young girls) for "Morale" is not something I am willing to accept or tolerate.

I dont give a fuck what is your excuse. War is a shit hole. I agree. But that is why we have officers. And a chain of command. And military code of conduct. Discipline must be maintained. Otherwise you lose the moral high ground and you are no better then the people you are fighting. blah blah blah
    Eh, the soviets did much the same when they went on the offensive, or even on the defensive (recruiting women to serve as prostitutes for the red army), and they raped their way through the countryside on their way to the center of germany (raping both men and women, mind you, so you can give that "omg women aren't property u don't deserve to breath air if you disagree", etc, rhetoric a rest).

Of course, not every russian soldier did those things, and some of them tried to stop these acts... but how do you stop them, even as an officer, when you're one guy against a whole group of guys, and even if you execute one for raping the others will turn around and reward your righeous stance with a few bullet wounds of your own? If these soldiers compose such large amount sof your forces that you can't afford to lose them for the war effort, and the higher-ups don't give a crap because the bigger picture is more important to them?

So if being raped is worse than death... what logically follows from that being true, about the worth of the lives of rape victims? Don't sound terribly "mentally broken", either, the way you're leveraging your supposed victim status as a point of argument. And if being raped is worse than death, and you know because you've been raped, are you not putting the lie to your own claim by your very existence?

Lots of things are traumatizing, but we don't go around talking about how they're all worse than death; rape seems to hold this peculiar unique status where it's championed as "worse than death" by several agents who have something trivial to gain from this being true, such as to win internet arguments... meanwhile, those afflicted with other ailments "worse than death" spend their time arguing in favour of euthenasia, or the right of themselves and others like them to be killed if they want to be. Something I'm in favour of, incidentally. I've spent a lot of time hospitalized, and I can think of many things worse than death... one of my greatest fears is to be hospitalized with one of those conditions, and not be alowed to kill myself, kept alive aganist my own will.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Do they? Not sure if I've ever seen someone be okay with a mother killing their kids in any regard. Now, a woman killing their abusive husband, yeah I can see that. Hell, it's one of the main points a defense attorny will use is that the killing woman was abused.

This is completely different though. This is the enslavment of women who are from countries that Japan was invading. Why? Because Japanese soldiers need to get their rocks off in order to fight? Bullshit.

Okay, everyone, get your heads out of your asses with this. This is not an okay thing to do by any means. This is not some "war isn't black and white," bullshit. This is nearly as black as you can get.

Look at the US bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, THAT is grey. That's something both sides can argue about whether it was right or wrong. The slavery and rape of women to "help" soldiers fight a war they lost anyway, is NOT grey. God, it honestly scares me to think that this mentality actually exists in this modern of an age.
    Killing 400,000 people (~200,000 from initial blasts, ~200,000 from cancers) who were mostly civilians is a grey area but rape is black?

I'm not saying these are "okay" things. I'm saying it's understandable that people in occupied territories are, in the eyes of the occupying soldiers, completely dehumanized and have no rights whatsoever.

Look at any occupation of any sovereign nation. You're GOING to find extreme human rights violations due to a combination of propaganda and the experience of being shot at every day by that group of people. I'm not saying these things are OKAY. I'm saying they're understandable given the psychological state of the occupying forces.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Why is this even fucking arguement in the first place? Just because someone is trying to kill you, you somehow got a free pass to stop being a human?
    Well.... yes. Not necessarily a free pass, but a modicum of understanding for the psychological torment they've been going through. Imagine if you woke up every day wondering what mundane part of your surroundings was booby trapped to kill you, or when you'd be ambushed or sniped out of thin air. Or the human side of you spared the life of someone you found cowering in the corner, only to have that same someone shoot your squadmate in the head or detonate a bomb somewhere in the immediate vicinity because you decided to be humane and let him live.

Imagine if every time you were being a decent human being you were risking the lives of not just yourself but your unit as well, and eventually it bit you in the ass. You'd be pretty vicious toward the opposition too.

Athrocities happen in every war Laize but this is a completely different matter in my book. This was mass rape by the entire japanese army condoned by the higher ups.

I can understand some soldiers going crazy from all the death around them and then doing such a thing. I dont like it neither but I can understand why it happened. However it was more then a few incidents.

I cant believe people actually try to downplay this like happens in every war. It doesnt now and it was also not okay back then. Japan was in the wrong and they should show that the learned from it, not stir it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Anyone else think it's funny that a people that typically carry on about honor are some of the least honorable in wartime?

I think it's funny.

Anyway, if it were up to me all rapists would be executed. Luckily for a great number of people, including my father(read his journals for the lulz) it isn't up to me.
    In fairness, they're only concerned with their honor as far as their country is concerned. They don't give a good god damn about what you consider honorable.

And the idea of execution for rape is one of the dumbest proposals I see in every discussion where rape is mentioned. If "eye for an eye" is considered barbaric, then why does anyone suggest taking two eyes for one?

10+ Year Old Account
    In fairness, they're only concerned with their honor as far as their country is concerned. They don't give a good god damn about what you consider honorable.

And the idea of execution for rape is one of the dumbest proposals I see in every discussion where rape is mentioned. If "eye for an eye" is considered barbaric, then why does anyone suggest taking two eyes for one?
    Right. The more fitting punishment, if we were going for an eye for an eye, would be castration. Would imagine the ideal situation would be to use their own blad to cut it off.