Should blizzard update For the Alliance / For the Horde anytime soon ? Rewards?

Do you think blizzard should bring this element of the game back that seems to have been gone since BC for the most part? Was lots of fun to defend a city against a large mob in the past even on a pve server for a nice change of pace. Should they add rewards for taking down a capital city boss if so? The war bear has been around for quite a while now maybe something new, maybe gold with some mats, pets, anything that would promote and reward another element of the game being active again. Or if blizzard is aware of this and has something planned feel free to share as well. Sure thought with all the alliance horde conflict in the game this was something that would get the update as well but so far no signs of it. Share your thoughts or stories of world domination on your realm against the other faction in closing and thanks again!

Players killed the boss in a city once, got their mount and felt no need to it again.
    Any lack of interest is a player problem, because there is no tangible reward for doing it again.

World PvP needs to be player driven, and needs the players to give a damn.
    The problem is they simply do not, because they are not earning anything from it, because they do not want to get fun but simply a route to more shiny epics.

It is not solving anything if you need to bribe them, if you need to offer a reward.
    Prior to battlegrounds world pvp formed simply due to lack of alternative, and some enjoyed it.
    With the introduction of battlegrounds players migrated away from activity which did not award them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-14 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if the bosses had a chance to drop the mounts you'd normally get from winning RBG's I'd bother to do it weekly but like ComputerNerd said there's simply no reason for people to do it anymore. I have joined some of those raids purely for fun and/or boredom but that was years ago.

First off thanks for the great reply. I do wish they would make it more attractive to the casual player or hardcore pve player so it was something that went on more often. Was always fun to log on and see horde taking over the bank and ah and having to get a group together to get them out and other way around as well. With all the great options they have in game right now seems like it wouldn't take much to jump start this one again and sure would fit into the story line of the current content.

Im all for them to redo the reward for For the Horde/Alliance

It would definitely perk up interest cause most people on my server have the mount so have no interest to do it again

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Take all the pvp gear off nalak/sha and have the faction leaders drop it when you kill them.

Also to those who claim BG's killed world pvp thats completely wrong. I remember massive fights outside of raids like SSC and MC long after BG's were introduced. The isle of QD had a tonne of world pvp as well. The problem is killing players gives no tangible reward anymore. PvP rank used to be based off Honorable kills and when the honor system came in the honor you got for kills was a lot higher and gave people an incentive to pvp and try instead of botting at stables/farm for their honor. Bring back rewards based on participation imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! I've been missing this aspect of the game. The coolest was defending Orgrimmar, and gather a group at 4 in the morning to go and kill the King Variann Wynn...

Faction leaders dropping pvp gear is a great idea!!! That would def promote constant action which would be the goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Bring back rewards based on participation imo.
    On that note, I never really understood why they got rid of the old system. I know it's gone for years and I havn't ever bothered Blizzard about it but... it was a pretty damn fun system. doing alot of pvp each week and logging in after maintenance to see you went from Stone Guard to Blood Guard(or higher) - it just made it worth it. Now I just spend alot of time in BG's to cap my conquest since I loathe arena and cant seem to find a stable RBG team that won't end up fighting on mumble over who has the biggest c*ck - and all this time in BG's isn't making my hair grow any thicker either.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people enjoyed this aspect of the game, why does it need to be promoted?

The first time I did For the Horde it was an epic experience. By the tenth time it was tedious. Adding rewards to doing it will not make me start enjoying it all over again. I have moved on. All it will do is make me feel compelled to do it for the reward and ultimately will result in the game being less fun for me.

This is what a lot of people just don't seem to get. Those things we reminisce about were fun at the time largely because the experience was new. This is why the game needs new content, rather than artificial incentives to repeat stuff we are done with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    On that note, I never really understood why they got rid of the old system. I know it's gone for years and I havn't ever bothered Blizzard about it but... it was a pretty damn fun system. doing alot of pvp each week and logging in after maintenance to see you went from Stone Guard to Blood Guard(or higher) - it just made it worth it. Now I just spend alot of time in BG's to cap my conquest since I loathe arena and cant seem to find a stable RBG team that won't end up fighting on mumble over who has the biggest c*ck - and all this time in BG's isn't making my hair grow any thicker either.
    I would like to see them push this city PVP server battles even further, they really should do their best to encourage more of it, I would suggest not just attacking cities, I would say they need to create sieges, example: The major capitals should have HOLD points were the other factions can come in battle and take over, so in front of Ogrimar there maybe 4-5 levels of siege stations where alliance can send battle groups to come in and hold, and spawn Guards to protect it, and of course VICE versa. So lets say the horde on the server is planning a huge for the Horde Raid on SW later that Saturday night, battle groups should be attacking and trying to hold levels of Siege bases through out the day to give the horde a closer grave Yard and Closer base to begin the assault.

I really would like to see Blizzard be more creative and come up with enhancements and variation on the FTH and FTA aspect of the game. It seems like Blizzard didn't get it, they created a really fun element of the game, warcraft has always been the battle of the two factions, but they seemed to got complacent and completely abandoned the foundation that made Warcraft what it is.

That is a good point as well Raelbo but it is an element of the game that can have changes made to be fun again. Hopefully this thread will spark some great ideas and gain enough steam to get some attention from blizzard. I don't think it would take much to make this element of the game feel new again to lots of players.

Could easily do it - make it a weekly (monthly?) quest that awards a choice of valor or conquest.

people won't stop raiding cities then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surveysays View Post
    Do you think blizzard should bring this element of the game back that seems to have been gone since BC for the most part? Was lots of fun to defend a city against a large mob in the past even on a pve server for a nice change of pace.
    In TBC my server was balanced. In Wrath my server was balanced. In Cata my realm slowly became more horde populated and steadily increased throughout the expansion. Throughout MoP the imbalance has grown exponentially.

Fix realm imbalances then start looking at fun things like these. Currently on my realm Horde would drop the King whenever they felt like it and the Ally wouldn't make it into the Warchief's throne room. That, in my opinion, does not sound fun for either side.

Deleted
    On my server (Azjol EU) many considered Horde side to be dead, so the Horde guilds wanted to send a message to the Alliance that we were still here.

Last week we assembled a massive cross guild attacking force (literally multiple raid groups), and during peak time we assaulted and raped Stormwind killed the king and proceeded to take over the middle of the city, camping out in the enemy AH's and Banks. Following this the main force then went on to ironforge and slain the council. We received rumours of an alliance counterattack raid forming so some groups went back to Org (the counter attack never came) & the group from my guild went on to Darnassus and Exodar to finish up, and returned to ironforge one last time when the bosses respawned because some people didn't get the achi the first time.

It was the best fun many of us had in a long time, and we were surprised at how effective it was given the server is at least 75% alliance and we attacked right at prime time.

So far a week on the Alliance has still not retaliated.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-05-14 at 10:20 AM.