Poll: ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I personally find that the options of the poll don't really make sense, since it's not so black and white between final bosses and optional bosses. As Lei Shen was announced to be the real last boss that shouldn't require further discussion. Sinestra, however, felt like part of the progression, besides even if she wasn't, I think Cho'gall is the least suitable out of the three last bosses to be the final boss of the tier. I consider Nefarian to be the final boss of the normal mode.
    Yogg for Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Whenever you haven't killed a boss, I don't consider the content cleared. I may have to live with that in terms of skill but I still consider Algalon, Sinestra and Ra-den as the final bosses.
    There's a contradiction in what you're saying: you consider the last boss that is killed to be the final boss of the progression. For your information, Al'akir was the last heroic boss to die in t14, and Yogg+0 was killed over a month after Algalon.

raden ofc, but i only care about progression ranking. killing only up to lei shen doesnt get you a top10 rank.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    killing only up to lei shen doesnt get you a top10 rank.
    The rankings being based on the Ra-den kills is WowProgression's decision and somewhat arbitrary. If Kernel made Lei Shen the one to determine the final rankings, would it then become the final boss?

While I'm divided on how the scoring should go for this tier and do think that the Ra-den kills should be factored in, I don't think it's good to blindly follow the opinion of a random fan site either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    There's a contradiction in what you're saying: you consider the last boss that is killed to be the final boss of the progression. For your information, Al'akir was the last heroic boss to die in t14, and Yogg+0 was killed over a month after Algalon.
    Al'Akir was killed before Sinestra. And the biggest reason why Al'Akir was killed after Sinestra by Paragon was that they did not care about Al'Akir, Sinestra was the race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Al'Akir was killed before Sinestra. And the biggest reason why Al'Akir was killed after Sinestra by Paragon was that they did not care about Al'Akir, Sinestra was the race.
    True dat, probably got confused because the world first 25man kill was after Sinestra had been killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the race was the difficulty of the two encounters:

- in 10 man, Ala'kir heroic was easier than Sinestra heroic
    - in 25 man, Ala'kir heroic was harder than Sinestra heroic

This lead to 25 man guilds usually saving Ala'kir to be the last boss of progression.

This is why I prefer to look at it in terms of lore, Tot4W was honestly a seperate affair to me compared to BWD/BoT so I deem Sinestra/Ala'kir as seperate final bosses of 2 parts of a tier.

yourself. cause keeping your self unsubed after you left is the true challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I've seen some debate about this
    What are in your opinion the final bosses in Ulduar, Bastion of Twilight and Throne of Thunder?
    The hardmode only encounters like Algalon, Sinestra or Ra-den or Yogg-Saron, Cho'gall and Lei Shen?
    I PERSONALLY believe: The King of the Castle, El Hefe, the BOSS, the Big Baddie - Algalon, Sinestra, & Ra-den - TO ME, were not the reason to clear the raid and save Azeroth - the terror was from The Thunder King - Lei Shen, Yogg-Saron (old corrupted god), Cho'Gall (hand of DW).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The problem with the race was the difficulty of the two encounters:

- in 10 man, Ala'kir heroic was easier than Sinestra heroic
    - in 25 man, Ala'kir heroic was harder than Sinestra heroic
    The bigger issue was the effort-reward ratio. Before they changed al'akirs loot, he really dropped shit, it just gave nothing to kill him since you would most likely shard everything anyway, so why waste time on that boss when they could go for the final boss of the tier dropping the highest ilvl loot of the tier.

Deleted
    Lore-wise:
    Yogg'Saron and Algalon -> not able to compare, since Algalon was tied to the Keepers, and when you beat him Yogg was lore-wise still alive, as well as the other Old Gods he sensed on Azeroth; that's why he was trying to send out the Re-Origination Code. He is as much a loose end we tie up as Ra-Den is in ToT, although more dangerous than Ra-Den. If you go by power, then Yogg'Saron easily wins.

Sinestra and Cho'Gall -> Sinestra wins this one clearly, as she was the consort of Deathwing and producing more dragons for the Twilight Dragonflight. Cho'Gall was merely a servant under Deathwing and another protection for Sinestra and the unhatched dragons. He was merely a lieutenant and nowhere near Sinestra power- or standing-wise.

Lei Shen and Ra-Den -> difficult one, like Algalon, although this one may be easier to decide. Ra-Den was already defeated by the Thunder King and held prisoner when we come in, so technically Lei Shen is definitely more powerful than Ra-Den. But Ra-Dens powers are still not negligible, as his blood, Anima, was used to create the Saurok and fuel every other experiment Lei Shen carried out. But in the end, he is still only a loose end we tie up after the main threat, Lei Shen, lies dead on his platform.

1. Yogg'Saron // Algalon
    2. Sinestra
    3. Lei Shen

Remember, this is from a lore point of view, not taking into consideration which fight was harder, or which boss was just a push-over. Ingame mechanics =/= Lore

Which ever boss gives you the title is the last boss imo

Ulduar - Yogg0>Algalon>Yogg1 for raiding. For the lore, Algalon.
    BoT - Sinestra both for raiding and lore.
    ToT - Ra-Den both for raiding and lore.
    I felt Sinestra was a footnote in BoT lore-wise. "Hey guess who it is? It's me, Sinestra! Remember, from... oh never mind *DEAD*". It was all about Cho'Gall to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Yogg+0 for Ulduar
    Sinestra for Bastion of Twilight
    Lei Shen for Throne of Thunder

In the case of Algalon I consider him the end boss of the Keepers of Ulduar chain, with Yogg-Saron being the end boss of the raid instance.
    Sinestra fits the criteria in every way over Cho'gall.
    Ra-den ended up being a bonus encounter after the real end boss.
    Pretty much my views on it as well. Ulduar specifically we entered because of Yogg Saron and Algy was more of a side guy that we had to take care of as well. Plus we could take care of him before Yogg Saron as well.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron, Cho'gall & Lei Shen

Ulduar was all about Defeating Yogg-Saron, Bastion was about stopping Cho'gall from whatever he does and ToT is from stopping Lei Shen form coming to power in Pandaria again... Algalon, Sinestra and Ra-Den are all hardmode/heroic bosses thus 99% of the raiding pop won't even see them outside youtube so they can't really be considered final bosses just because they are the last to unlock... besides Algalon and Ra-Den aren't even "Bosses" like Lei Shen or Cho-gall ... we don't kill them they end up being our "friends" after the encounter...

So I guess what I'm trying to say that the final boss is the boss that fulfills the goal of the raid(lorewise) everything after is just bonus content

Deleted
    Yogg, Sinestra and Lei Shen personally. Yogg was the threat we go there to deal with originally, algalon is more of a side plot, not saying he wasnt dangerous but he doesnt progress the stroy in the same way that killing yogg did. Sinestra for the fact she was most definitely the biggest lore threat in there and the only purpose of Chogall was to distract from Sinestra making the new twilight brood. Lei Shen for the fact he was the one who imprisoned Ra-Den.

Deleted
    To me Final Boss is not the last boss but rather the main boss. For instance the Final(main) boss of TBC was Illidan but the last boss to be killed was Kill'Jaeden. The Final boss of WotLK was the Lich King but the last boss was Halion.

When it comes to bosses like Algalon, Sinestra and Ra'Den I think they don't really count, they're EXTRAS. Throne of Thunder is a 12 boss raid and Ra'Den is the 13th. It's like the cherry at the top of the cake.