Deleted

Strength weapons for Enhancement?

Hey guys, just wondering really if it's ok to have strength on a weapon for enhancement shamans.

I'm having a bit of sore luck with LFR (only recently got into raiding) and after getting my 3rd headpiece token from Shek'zeer, I'm starting to look at other ways of getting decent weapons. I currently have two blue weapons, one of which has strength.

Now, there's that new craftable strength axe which looks sexy, but I'm wondering if it's worth going for? Or should I just keep on trying to get all agility weapons?

15+ Year Old Account
    any dps is worth geting as long as you really need to have more dps for today
    if you are kiling things that drop items you need and you dont have to put 110% from your char for progres or something similiar i dont see a reason to spend money on thing that you will change on first ocasion

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

in terms of attack power you only get 1ap per 1 str, where as its 2 ap per 1 agl. beyond that you only lose some crit for agl also. not a big deal. honestly any purple weapon is a huge upgrade over a blue, reguardless if it has str on it, being that most of your actual dps comes from melee hits. not to mention as well the main abilities have huge weapon dmg mods on them as well.

general rule for all melee classes when it comes to weapons: weapon dmg > main primary (str or agl) > secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bietr View Post
    in terms of attack power you only get 1ap per 1 str, where as its 2 ap per 1 agl.
    As of Cata, agi classes no longer got any AP from str.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    As of Cata, agi classes no longer got any AP from str.
    Fairly sure in cata we did still, not sure about now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Fairly sure in cata we did still, not sure about now though.
    Just checked it in game,
    shaman still gets 1 AP from str just like str classes still get crit from agi.
    rogue and feral also (even mages and priests). Even hunters get AP from it (agi gives them ranged AP).

str doesn't give parry to agi classes, agi doesn't give dodge to str classes. And agi doesn't give armour to anyone anymore.

There was something with bears and strength that got nerfed in cata, i think they still had the 1str=2AP back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailune View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering really if it's ok to have strength on a weapon for enhancement shamans.

I'm having a bit of sore luck with LFR (only recently got into raiding) and after getting my 3rd headpiece token from Shek'zeer, I'm starting to look at other ways of getting decent weapons. I currently have two blue weapons, one of which has strength.

Now, there's that new craftable strength axe which looks sexy, but I'm wondering if it's worth going for? Or should I just keep on trying to get all agility weapons?
    I'd recommend taking a look at your character, using askmrrobot.com. You can compare your current weapon to any other weapon, and see the relative difference. Some Str weaps will show as being upgrades, but in the end, for equal ilvl, Agi weaps will always trump a Str weap. I have yet to take a Str weap from a raid drop, for two reasons. 1) They hardly ever drop, anyways. 2) I'll pass a Str weap to a holy pally's seldom-played prot offspec, before I'll ever take it for my MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    So last night The STR one handed axe off Jin'rokh heroic dropped. My weapons were 502 and we have yet to see an agility one hander drop. Guild gave it to me as my luck has been so poor. AMR says it a 5000 dps increases
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/