Deleted

H Megaera 10 - Advice/Tips Please!

My guilds going for Megaera next and with the lack of decent 10 man guides there isn't much to go off. Basically looking for tips / advice, especially differences between normal and heroic and how we should approach them!

Here's our player pool:

Tanks:
    Feral or BM
    Prot Pally
    Blood

Healers:
    Disc
    HPal
    MW
    Resto Sham

DPS:
    2 x Spriest
    Lock
    Mage
    Ele
    Hunter
    Rouge
    Ret

Comp. suggestions would be great! I understand there are adds to be AoEd but one of the difficulties with the fight is making sure you have just enough DPS to kill adds so the heads still die?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    There are no adds to be AoE'd. Did you watch a video? Tank Spot, Icy veins? It's very straightforward, move out of the raid/dispel red/don't stand in it, move away from green (if you do R&G). Stack on rampage for heals. Red tanks rotate cooldowns on breath. Ask for cooldowns from the raid. 3 pallies= 3 Hand of Purity every 30 seconds. Should be pretty easy if people pay attention.
    Did you even read the title? He's asking advices for Heroic mode.

I'd say, Tanks = Prot & BM.

Healers = Hpala,Shammy & Mw for ring on adds.

Dps = Spriest,Rogue,Wlock,Hunter & Mage.

If you've got enough control on adds, switch the MW with Disc for more dps on heads.

I don't have awful lot to suggest you,but i can try helping with couple of things as my guild is currently working on Megaera aswell.

For roster i'd go with Pally/Dk-Disc/Hpal/Sham-Lock/Ele/Hunter/Ret/Mage or Spriest.You might want a priest for VE to help healing as rampage is a massive pain.And some suggestions:

1-Less melee=better.You probably want your retridin in to take adds and bench your rogue.Because,lets say you have 3 healers 2 ranged and 3 melee.Chances are your healers will be kiting Torrent of Ice forever which will lead to nothing but deaths/wipes.
    2-Try to overwrite Torrent of Ice as much as possible and also clear them with cinders or you might run out of space.Use lock portals to return to your current position and vice versa.With a disc clearing with cinders shouldnt be too much of an issue.We lack one,which is a bummer.
    3-Send your retridin on adds with RF on(obv.),have hunter Md'ind the adds to him and either your hunter/shammy helping him kill them.Asides from that make sure they are CC'd/silenced properly,making a cd rotation would help.And make sure when going into a rampage,everyone switches and kill any remaining adds before going nuts on heads.Cause you don't want people getting stunned during rampage or taking extra damage.One more thing is if someone gets torrent of ice right before rampage,when rampage starts torrent of ice debuff goes away so you dont have to go miles away from stacking point,just stay in a fair distance and run back in.

Considering all this,if you manage to clear enough space with torrent/cinders,adds are dealt with and your healers are capable,you should get a kill.I hope this helps.Good luck!

One tip that made a difference to us in getting a kill: you can tank the arcane head facing "inwards" that is, to the right. The ranged and all but one healer (who needs to be in range of the green head tank) can then stack on the very edge of the water. By the time you go back to the blue head the first icy grounds in the center should be despawning and you'll have a much easier time of it, especially on the last head.

We nuked the adds down during rampages btw; not sure if this is the best strat but worked for us using ring of peace / solar beam / ring of frost / interrupts and stuns.

Deleted
    Oops, forgot to mention that the Resto Shammy and Ele are the same person! Thanks so far guys

Couple things:
    The fight is made a lot easier with a boomkin, especially because you have a DPS shaman he would be able to give solar beam to via symbiosis. You still have double Ring of Peace though, but it's not nearly as good.

The absolute biggest thing that made it all click for my group was to stack the blue beams on top of each other as much as possible. Yes, this means running over an existing ice trail so your torrent of ice "doubles" the ice trail. The actual ice patch damage isn't a whole lot, and you can use things like Body and Soul, Gateway and personal cooldowns to minimize damage taken. After we started having make their Torrent of Ice duplicate an existing one, I think we killed it in the next 3 attempts. On the 6th and 7th heads though the positioning is less important since the fight is ending soon.

Deleted
    Hi

We had shit control on adds on our kill, and we just got the kill with like 1 alive, wich just tells we're only a decent guild, like yourselves

Pop Cd's on 1st fire head and 2nd fire head, pop BL on 6th head aka 2nd arcane head with pots, You want to do this because of the less adds when u go into last rampage, and basically for that rampage u just want to nuke the boss, not even worth cc'ing if it means you'll have to switch target

On the 2nd arcane head our ranged were at the stacked ice in the middle (obv. not on it) because that means all 3 healers were in range of every1, wich helped alot on dispells, also meant that dps could reach all adds if needed to CC

Heard having BM picking adds up makes the fight very easy, but that you'll have to try out yourselves

Ignore adds untill 4th head, where CC/Kill is quite important to get a nice 5th head with all cd's up

Disc priest is very good for rampage if he can get to stack spirit shell for every single 1 of them

You have a retribution paladin so I would suggest having him pick up the adds and kill the adds during the rampage phases for the first 3 heads. Depending on what order you kill the heads at some point you might get 2 spawns of the adds and this is when things will get hairy. Have your ret pull them and try to round them up as best as he can with misdirect and righteous fury. Since you will basically have 2 solar beams if you use a dps shaman then it shouldn't be too hard. I think that we blood lust at the 5th rampage to get those adds down and get on the boss and just ignored the adds obviously for the last head after the 6th rampage. My guild healed this with holy paladin, disc priest and shaman. The shaman has really good burst raid healing cooldowns so it might be worth to bring him. I'm unfamiliar with monks but also have pretty good burst raid healing. You want to bring mainly good single target dps and 1 aoe dps for adds to help the dpstank kill them.

If you bring in an Ele, what I do on our H Megaera kills is pretty much just kill adds solo when they spawn. Our ret pally who is usually in tanks them, and calls for a Ring of Peace when 6 of them are up. I usually pop Ancestral Guidance on 3/5/7 because 5 is one of the hardest heads to deal with.

Glyphs I usually use are CL, UL, and Healing Stream (since I pop this down during rampage). I also usually precast a Healing Rain before the head spawns on rampage. Also he can use shamanistic rage on every rampage to negate some damage (or instead of healing stream totem you can glyph it to save your healers a dispel later in the fight when you get suppressed or want to get a cinders off quick).

I also usually pop Hero near the middle/end of the 6th head because I want it to be up during the rampage of the 7th head, and also helps kill the leftover adds quicker before the rampage since DPS usually is a non-issue on the 7th head.

Progressing on this on 25hm myself and a few tips I can give you:

Having a monk tank is good, brings a nice cooldown (avert harm/zen meditation) for rampages. I tank it personally on my DK, but DK doesnt bring a raid cooldown though, compared to warrior. Both are viable.

4th and 5th head are the hard ones, 6 isn't as bad and on 7 you BL and burn.
    We do BRPBRPB.
    Good things for add control: arcane torrent(s), solar beam, shadowfury, remorseless winter and ring of peace. Especially the silences are awesome as they're not on the stun DR.

Classwise, shadowpriests are really strong on this fight as divine star is awesome. on 25m our shadowpriests do 50k hps using that.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-05-16 at 12:22 AM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Deleted
    Hey, after we spent more then 70 try of wiping before the 6th rampage starts i told let us try Green and we killed today megera after 3 or 4 try with this combi of heads.
    Blue -> Red -> Green -> Blue -> Red -> Purple -> Blue
    maybe it works for u aswell.
    to proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMOjkjRAHZM our Killvideo.
    Setup:
    Tanks: DK / Warri Heals: Pala / Monk / Diszi DD: Hexer / Rogue / Mage / Shadow / Boomkin

CD rotation:
    1st Rampage: both def cd's from Warri + personals + SpiritShell(but don't cast before the rampage starts)
    2nd Rampage: Diszi Dome + SpiritShell + Vampiric embrase
    3rd Rampage: Smokebomb + personals + AM + revival
    4th same as 1st + BL
    5th: Tranq + same as 2nd
    6th: all what left

mfg PJ
    PS: sorry for my english

1st and 3rd rampage are alot easier as the other rampages. 1st for obvious reasons and 3rd because you have both the purple heads buff on the tank (which is amazing for raidhealing) and no adds. Even on 25m we do the 3rd rampage with just a smoke bomb and a tranq. Saving cooldowns on 1st and 3rd means more available cooldowns for 4th and 5th, which helps a lot.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.